1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi I’m moving over my music making from Notion 6 to Studio One 6. The learning curve is steep as I’m much more efficient with notation software. But it’s limitations have pushed me to learn DAW. In any event within Notion 6 you can create custom “rules” which define how VSTi will behave within the notation software. One of the parameters is how hairpins will respond. I map them to expression to make smooth transitions from pp —> ff and it works really well. Super smooth dynamic changes. Problem is I can’t map other parameters within the rules. I can map multiple parameters to the hairpins (ie reverb, or global gain) but then multiple variables are moving in lock step. So I migrated to Studio One to be able to play with different VSTi components independently and discovered the score view. It’s great and you can even process Notion 6 articulation score markings to sound variations which is really great for score based workflow. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make the score’s hairpins respond to anything within the VSTi though. In Notion, no problem. In Stuido One, nothing. Is the only solution manual CC mappings? The automation of a hairpin would make the dynamic adjustment so much more smooth and consistent for any piano or forte.

Thanks in advance.

1 post
Page 1 of 1