6 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I tried the "flip faders" feature, I expected my ioStation 24c fader to be able to control the 'green fader'. It doesn't though.

Seems very odd to me that this wouldn't work.

Can anyone else confirm this isn't working? Is it just mine?

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by Tuoni64 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:12 pm
Agree.

I expected the same behaviour on my control surfaces as well. Neither my Faderport 8 nor the X-Touch One will control the flipped faders.

The X-Touch uses the MC protocol and I expect that the control message it sends is specifically assigned to the remote bank. I kind of expected the Faderport to just work.

It would be nice to have the flipped faders mapped over the audio faders in this mode. Regardless, they are still an awesome addition to my workflow, Thanks Presonus!

Cheers,

Jason.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by patricemazmanian on Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:47 am
It is possible that FaderPort and need a firmware revision to perform this task. I think you have to be patient! PreSonus will surely improve flip faders.

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by PreAl on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:26 am
I don't see much hope for a firmware upgrade for my Faderport Classic. Feeling generous Presonus?

I Iove the Faderports but it's a real pity we can't move the timeline (backwards and forwards) in smaller increments with the dial which means we have to returning to the mouse. Kinda defeats the point.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tuoni64 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:50 pm
patricemazmanian wroteIt is possible that FaderPort and need a firmware revision to perform this task. I think you have to be patient! PreSonus will surely improve flip faders.

Yep, that is quite likely.

As an (ex) embedded/firmware engineer though, my thoughts are that a change to the DAW software would allow a wider set of non-Presonus hardware to use the fader flip.

By keeping the flipped faders responding to the same messages that are controlling the audio faders (mapping audio/flip to the message depending on the UI), other hardware that doesn't know about fader flipping would likely work as well. Just speculation on my part.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by davidvilleneuve1 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:07 pm
Please PreSonus make the fader flip work with FP16 !!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1