14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just downloaded the update on my mac with high sierra but studio one 6 is incompatible ... there is no solution?
by Vocalpoint on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:21 am
sebastianvivanco wroteI just downloaded the update on my mac with high sierra but studio one 6 is incompatible ... there is no solution?

System Requirements are laser sharp to me:

macOS®

macOS® 10.14 or higher (64-bit only)
Intel® Core™ i3 processor or better
4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB or more recommended)

Apple support for High Sierra officially ended January 31, 2021.

Why would you expect Presonus to support something that even Apple does not?

The same would apply for some Windows user that refuses to get off Windows 7 and complains that S1 v6 won't work there either.

Time to move forward on your Mac or stay on S1 v5

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by sebastianvivanco on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:36 am
y q hablai así pollo conchetumare si toi preguntando
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 am
Are we speaking like chickens now? Hmmmm, learn something new everyday.

Meh, now we have two of these. Again, just waiting for the "no xp" threads :lol:

Windows 10 (and no, the updates don't even come close to counting) 2015. There has been windoze 11 recently. That's it. No real need for anything else.

Mac OSX? 8 CHANGES!!!!!????????? And they break stuff every-single-time. Yur waiting endlessly for plug/host devs to catch up.

No thanks, I'm cool ;)

Bye......:roll:
by Vocalpoint on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 am
sebastianvivanco wrotey q hablai así pollo conchetumare si toi preguntando

Getting all upset in Spanish won't get this to install any faster for you, amigo.

Next time - review the system specs before pulling out the credit card.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:30 pm
phpBB [video]

by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:04 pm
That's two threads now.
Can't wait for the next thread.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm
I thought the saying was "2 threads are better than one" , what am I missing? :mrgreen:

by shanabit on Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:49 pm
PC dudes commenting on OSX is comical. Y'all are funny

OCLP is the answer to this issue.

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:51 pm
Even funnier..Your Mac is really a PC, running a Unix variant with a shell on top which most people associate as a Mac UI... just like my PC is. Only mine can run later versions of MacOS :+1

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:34 pm
shanabit wrotePC dudes commenting on OSX is comical. Y'all are funny

OCLP is the answer to this issue.

Funny? So, you DON'T like hard-core facts? Um, ok, whatever.

I'ma roll with what works. I don't need an "OS" that plays limp biscuit and "breaks ...." all the time :lol:

AND that costs ridiculous amounts of money and I can't ever upgrade. But ga head....laugh all you want.

by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:50 pm
And another thing: Mac snobbery has been dead for a VERY LONG TIME. In the early 90's (before many of you were born) mac was better. ALLOT better. But it's just a conspiracy theory now.

And stop typing, I did that "ooo, you need a mac" thing. It was mostly a disaster. I mean, EVERY SINGLE TIME they "updated" anything, it broke stuff. Complain about it? DELETE! Apple dictatorship is one of the worst corporate sins there has been. I hope they stuffed jobs in one of his unregistered cars in a handicap zone :lol:

Meantime, I'm loving having something that actually works w/o having to fanboi about it even though I can't use it ;)

by ianaeillo on Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:07 am
Dude cmon. 10.13 is the most stable of the most recent releases and while it sucks to be left behind, I value stability and predictability over track icons. If 6 is such a great update it should compel you to update your OS. None of the Antares stuff supports 10.13, Arturia is getting real close to dropping support, newest waves update is long past 10.13. Stick to it or update.

But it's just a conspiracy theory now.

Meh. Opinions. I switched to a Mac in the late 2000s because I needed support for multiple simultaneous native midi networks, both wired and wireless, and use them every day. I appreciate native aggregate devices and use four different audio interfaces from three different manufacturers simultaneously and in different order of inputs depending on my setup for the day. It’s probably not faster nor as cheap nor as efficient as your PC, but it is reliable and works for me and isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by shanabit on Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:13 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteAnd another thing: Mac snobbery has been dead for a VERY LONG TIME. In the early 90's (before many of you were born) mac was better. ALLOT better. But it's just a conspiracy theory now.

And stop typing, I did that "ooo, you need a mac" thing. It was mostly a disaster. I mean, EVERY SINGLE TIME they "updated" anything, it broke stuff. Complain about it? DELETE! Apple dictatorship is one of the worst corporate sins there has been. I hope they stuffed jobs in one of his unregistered cars in a handicap zone :lol:

Meantime, I'm loving having something that actually works w/o having to fanboi about it even though I can't use it ;)

Pay attentiin here.
IF YOU ALL COULD READ

Open Core Legacy Patcher is a bootloader for OSX that allows you to run Monterey or the newest OSX trash OS on a 10 yr old POS MacPro tower. Im doing that here and it works fine

I dont get why you PC guys are commenting on an OSX question when you dont know what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with Mac snobery so you can stop being a condescending azz

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013

14 posts
Page 1 of 1