14 posts
Page 1 of 1
So no high Sierra support on studio one 6..I'll have to stick to latest studio 5 ..so excited to download then says no ..so all us with FireWire and studio live bye bye.. :idea:
by ianaeillo on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:49 pm
I have to stay on High Sierra because I’m still using Photoshop CS5 and it won’t fly on Mojave. So 5 it is for me too. They could convince me to give up PS with some features I’d love to see, but until then, I’m more than happy with 5.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by nigeltyson on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:58 am
What's interesting is that shops are selling studio six as compatible with high Sierra..does presonus know this..like you I'll just continue with my sphere account and now work out over next few months where to go next ..
by shanabit on Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:22 am
"macOS®
macOS 10.14 or higher (64-bit only)
Intel Core i3 or better (Native support for Apple Silicon)"

Yeah, I cant see buying a Metal video card here for $500 or something crazy just to upgrade S1 at this point on this machine either.

5.5.2 EOL on this old Mac

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am
Well, I was all excited until I saw it's not XP compatible :lol:

I get it guys, I understand. But it's not realistic to think that something 5 years old would automatically be supported. I know, sounds like I'm scolding, I'm not. But tech eventually has to move on. Considering the PLETHORA of different OSX releases (am I seeing this right, 5 since high sierra??? ) there is simply no way for devs to keep up. I mean, having to test extensive osx's with every single thing.

Bye......:roll:
by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:12 pm
That's the biggest advantage of Windows apart from the price. Its sell by date is a heck of a lot longer.

Windows 11 and powertoys, can hardly tell the difference between this and macOS with day to day UI operations (and yes I know it's very different). Performance about the same, reliability about the same (FYI I'm using Windows and it's also a hackintosh on the same hardware, far better value for money with hardware).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:28 pm
PreAl wroteThat's the biggest advantage of Windows apart from the price. Its sell by date is a heck of a lot longer.

Windows 11 and powertoys, can hardly tell the difference between this and macOS with day to day UI operations (and yes I know it's very different). Performance about the same, reliability about the same (FYI I'm using Windows and it's also a hackintosh on the same hardware, far better value for money with hardware).

I'm TOTALLY looking into 11. BTW, do you know if you can revert back if something is wonky?

by Vocalpoint on Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:59 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteI'm TOTALLY looking into 11. BTW, do you know if you can revert back if something is wonky?

You should be able to roll back within about a week if Win 11's rollback scheme is the same as Win 10.

Then again - since I would never do an in-place upgrade - I would need to ensure everything is working correctly. But I always image the system drive in full before starting any OS change so yes - I could revert back in minutes.

But at this point - I cannot justify any significant reason to go to Win 11 when my DAW is running so well right now on Win 10.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:02 pm
You need to clone your hard drives with something like True image for total safety first.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:18 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteI'm TOTALLY looking into 11. BTW, do you know if you can revert back if something is wonky?

You should be able to roll back within about a week if Win 11's rollback scheme is the same as Win 10.

Then again - since I would never do an in-place upgrade - I would need to ensure everything is working correctly. But I always image the system drive in full before starting any OS change so yes - I could revert back in minutes.

But at this point - I cannot justify any significant reason to go to Win 11 when my DAW is running so well right now on Win 10.

Cheers

VP

Well I back up anything important (and the one thing I'm TOTALLY cheap on is getting a faster/SSD external drive. 5400, yeah it's good enough :lol: )

If I do it, I will certainly do a clean install. No monkey business here! :P It's just that that has always worked for me going all the way back to 7. A pain? I guess, but since everything is backed up and SSD drives are so fast, it's not a big really.

But I'ma look into it further. Everything seems to be so kosher right now, I'm trying to be logical and pragmatic (other than those voices in my head :twisted: )

by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:35 pm
Right. But I'm talking about a clone of the hard drive in case you can't roll back.

I don't bother with clean installs nowadays (always used to do it religiously, not any more), the upgrades seem to work fine.

by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:54 pm
That doesn't surprise me. I'm definitely a windoze "fanboi" :thumbup:

by ianaeillo on Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:13 am
nigeltyson wroteWhat's interesting is that shops are selling studio six as compatible with high Sierra..does presonus know this..like you I'll just continue with my sphere account and now work out over next few months where to go next ..

Within a year, no plug-in manufacturer besides plugin-alliance and some fringe companies will support 10.13. Make up your mind quick!

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by vasilykorytov on Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:05 am
hm, I recall reading that firewire is still there in Big Sur on Intel Macs (but not on the M1). cannot check, as now have only Monterrey and no FireWire devices.

upd: a link for studiolive

unfortunately, that's how things always have been in Apple land. use the software version that supports your OS and vice versa and that's it.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1