7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Apologies in advance if my question has been addressed elsewhere. I looked for awhile and couldn't find anything.

Is there any way in Studio One to include a "generic" CC or SysEx command at a particular point in a track? By "generic" I mean something other than the specific CC controllers that happen to be built into a particular instrument (e.g., "Pitch Bend" or "Sustain").

For example, I want to be able to send CC113 with a value of 127 at a precise point in my song.

(FYI, the MIDI files I am creating are drum patterns that I use in a BeatBuddy drum machine/pedal. CC113 value 127 instructs BeatBuddy to start playing a different part of the song.)

I'd greatly appreciate any insight anyone could share!

Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0.22621), Studio One Pro 6.5.0.96106
Dell XPS 15 9520 (Intel Core i9-12900HK 2.5 GHz), 32GB RAM
by IanM5 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:45 pm
CC - Yes.
Sysex - No.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by jeffholman on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:31 am
IanM5 wroteCC - Yes.
Sysex - No.

Thanks, Ian. Just saw your reply. (Didn't have things set to receive reply notices.)

Can you tell me how/where to set a CC command? (Does it need a special plugin and/or it's own instrument track? Or can it be done from within any instrument (or just certain instruments?)?)

If you could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:50 am
You need to create a midi event in the arranger view then edit it (or edit your existing midi) and below are the CC lanes. You hit the button with 3 dots to pick something not shown.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Automati ... mation.htm?

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jeffholman on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:54 am
Tacman7 wroteYou need to create a midi event in the arranger view then edit it (or edit your existing midi) and below are the CC lanes. You hit the button with 3 dots to pick something not shown.

Thanks for your response. I've tried doing that, but the specific CC lanes seem to be locked in by the instrument. For example, in the image below, the only MIDI Controller that can be added is CC 64. I haven't found any way to add a lane for any other MIDI commands.
Automation.PNG

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

by Tacman7 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:17 am
The instrument makes available parameters that it supports, you see it change between instruments.

Some generic ones just have all the cc's listed by number.

CCavail.jpg

Guess you could create the events with another instrument then move it to this instrument just to see if it would respond to what you want. Doesn't look like it would to me. Also what's inside all those bank folders?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jeffholman on Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:40 pm
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1