15 posts
Page 1 of 1
So none of my User templates transferred over. I did create, in the same subfolder as the v5 templates, a v6 folder and copied them over but nothing changed. I then found where the Factory templates are and both created a subfolder called "User" (nothing happened), and then copied them into the same folder as the included factory templates -- they then show up in S1, but not under the "User" tab, even after opening a User template and then doing "save as template".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by Tacman7 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm
I got a few templates that are pretty old, not the current ones.

I opened a song with not much in it but it was made with the template I wanted so I just returned it to how I want to open it and saved it as a template, then did a replace existing to check the path, it was:
C:\Users\TacMan7\Documents\Studio One\templates\v6\Songs

I tried copying a template and data from 5 to 6 from here:
C:\Users\TacMan7\Documents\Studio One\templates\v5\Songs

It worked and opened ok.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by BobF on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:28 pm
Remember that user templates are stored in the User Data location as set in Options. If that's what you did, I got nuthin'. That worked for me.

Interestingly, V6 shows my user templates that are in the V4 folder, but not the ones in the V5 folder, unless I copy them to the V6 folder. :roll:

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by SMcNamara on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:40 pm
Thanks to everyone for the responses, and I think (stress, think I tried all the recommendations) but will take a look again and give them a try.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

by waderue on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:42 pm
same situation here, my templates didn't transfer over to V6. tried the restore function and no dice. I will prob go the route of open a new project and save the template again
by garyanderson5 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:56 am
BobF wroteRemember that user templates are stored in the User Data location as set in Options. If that's what you did, I got nuthin'. That worked for me.

Interestingly, V6 shows my user templates that are in the V4 folder, but not the ones in the V5 folder, unless I copy them to the V6 folder. :roll:

Same Bob. I had to copy my custom templates over to ProgramFiles\Presonus\Studio One 6\Extentions\studioonetemplates\templates folder. They worked np after that.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by SMcNamara on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:02 am
garyanderson5 wroteSame Bob. I had to copy my custom templates over to ProgramFiles\Presonus\Studio One 6\Extentions\studioonetemplates\templates folder. They worked np after that.

Do the show up under the "User" tab, or the left-side tab (can't recall its name)?

by BobF on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 am
SMcNamara wrote
garyanderson5 wroteSame Bob. I had to copy my custom templates over to ProgramFiles\Presonus\Studio One 6\Extentions\studioonetemplates\templates folder. They worked np after that.

Do the show up under the "User" tab, or the left-side tab (can't recall its name)?

User. "Factory" templates are stored elsewhere (don't ask me where ;))

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by edwine1 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:18 pm
Copy your templates and paste them into a folder you will have to name "v6", create another folder named "songs" in the templates folder. That's what I had to do. To recap: templates/v6/songs.

Windows 10 64bit
16gb RAM
Studio One 6 Pro
Melodyne 5 Editor
Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by garyanderson5 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:26 pm
SMcNamara wrote

The easiest way after trying a few things is. Make one new template in V6 and save it so it creates a v6 folder in the templates location like the pic below. After you make that folder S1,6 should locate your missing templates if you stored them there. Some older ones it couldn't locate at all. Don't ask me why but V3 ones got skipped. Wasn't an issue for me though. If they don't show you can move or copy them from v5 into to the v6 folder.

Pics below after i made one fresh template it created the folder then found my templates. I just deleted the temp template i made after the folder was created by S1. They show up fine in the User section now.

By the way those templates i posted below in the User tab are in my V5 folder. My new v6 template folder is empty so it should pick your v5 templates up Once you make one random template in v6 and save it.

Attachments
dd.PNG
dd.PNG (9.06 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Capture.PNG

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by Anashwaran on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:20 am
I did the same but my templates are all empty. No effects and tracks transferred. What is that. How are your templates?
Thanks for help
by garyanderson5 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 am
Anashwaran wroteI did the same but my templates are all empty. No effects and tracks transferred. What is that. How are your templates?
Thanks for help

The only reason a template won't remember what was in the template is if the location has changed to it's content some how the same as a song file. Make sure when you click on NEW, the location of Studio One songs etc is going to where you normally save songs and templates etc. You can also try, Re-Index-Presets on the home page to refresh Studio One. I didn't have to they just showed up after a restart.

All i did was create one new template in V6. It creates a folder in templates for v6 alongside v5 v4 etc. If it doesn't pick the templates up you just drag them into the v6 template folder. Not the song folder inside the template folder. Some v3 and v4 templates never got picked up at all but that wasn't an issue for me as i normally tweak them over time anyway.

by sedrickgomis on Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:52 pm
Just duplicate the v5 folder.. then rename it v6
you don't need to do anything else.
by floydadamsiii on Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:48 am
Sedrick Gomis had the quickest and most efficient answer.

Duplicate the v5 template folder and rename to v6.

Worked effortlessly on my Mac running OS 10.15.7 Catalina
by keithward2 on Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:47 pm
In case it helps, I was having the same problem, even after duplicating the v5 folder and renaming it "v6". I discovered that in my locations (Preferences > Locations > User Data), I had accidentally selected the "Studio One > Songs" folder, instead of selecting the top-level "Studio One" folder, which has the folders for Songs, Templates, Presets, etc. Once I did that (and restarted S1v6) it solved my issue.

Keitho77
S1 Pro 6.5.1.96553 macOS ARM64
iMac M1, 8GB
Displays: Built-in Retina Display (24 in., 4480x2520) and LG Ultrawide (28.5 in., 2560x1080)
Interface: StudioLive AR8c USB 24 Bit 96kHz

15 posts
Page 1 of 1