27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Where can I find a detailed changelog to S1 6.0?

The release notes in the download area only list the major features. I wold like to know more details about bug fixes and smaller under-the-hood changes.

Mac Pro 7.1, 244GB RAM, Monterey, S1 6pro, VEP
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:06 pm
There are not any, you'll have to wait for 7.5 :lol:

All kidding aside, me too.

Bye......:roll:
by taylorscott2 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:53 pm
I would also like to see this, really interested which bugs were addressed.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by garyanderson5 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:34 am
I can understand they want reports on V6 before patch notes come out from a patch fix, it makes some sense. But not telling people what they did or did not fix from V5 moving forward is shady IMHO. Are we supposed to just trust them all of a sudden that they have our backs coverd when we can't even make an informed decission on detailed release notes.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by bz57 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:48 am
This is from "Release notes" within Studio One 6:

This initial Studio One 6 release adds the following new features and improvements.

Recording and Mixing
● Fader Flip for FX Sends and Cue Mixes
● Pop-up faders for FX and CueMix Sends
● Link option for Bus/FX panning
● Alternative panning modes for channel panner
● New Channel Overview
● Sends on FX Channels
● Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments
● Extended side-chain routing options
● Micro view controls for 3rd party plug-ins
● Track Presets
● Paste copied channel to multiple destinations
● Track/Channel Icons
● Channel visibility filters
● Support for sample rates up to 786 kHz
● Target Loudness option for Export Mixdown

Arrangement and Editing
● Global Lyrics Track
● Lyrics support in Note Editor
● Lyrics Window
● Spot option for Events

Live Performance
● Lyrics Track on Show Page

Video
● Global Video Track
● Basic video editing
● Audio sub-track and channel
● Extended video export options
● Apply video frame rate to song

Plug-ins and Instruments
● De-esser
● Vocoder
● ProEQ3
● Autofilter improvements
● Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments
● Note Controller support for Mai Tai, Sample One XT and Presence XT

Browser
● Custom Preset folders
● Preset Favorites
● Improved search

General
● New look and feel
● Updated Start Page with custom folders
● Artist Profile Presets
● New document workflow with Smart Templates
● Customizable user interface
● Consolidated Installation window
● Korean language support and localization

Sharing and Collaboration
● Offline collaboration with document sync

Known Issues
● Adding the first Event FX plug-in via drag&drop fails. Use the popup plug-in menu to add
the first plug-in. Additional plug-ins may be added via drag&drop as well.
● Lyrics Editor cannot display Asian characters correctly. Please use the Lyrics Events for
editing instead.
● Non-Latin characters used in Event or Track names may cause display errors when the
song is shared via the new collaboration feature. Make sure to use Latin characters
instead.
● Studio One 6 no longer supports ReWire. Development and support was ended by
Reason Studios in 2020, and while ReWire may still be usable in Studio One 5 and earlier,
we cannot guarantee that it will work as expected since the technology is no longer
updated.

Studio One Pro 5
PC, Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-3770, 32Gb, All SSDs
iMac, Mojave, Intel i7, 64Gb, NVMe/SSDs
by bailatosco on Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:52 am
So we can definitely assume that there was no bugfixing for this update. AWESOME. :D

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by taylorscott2 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 am
bailatosco wroteSo we can definitely assume that there was no bugfixing for this update. AWESOME. :D

I can confirm that a bug I submitted, and that was able to be reproduced by the S1 Support Team, has not been fixed. It is a bug in regards to AAF importing.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:25 am
Adding the first Event FX plug-in via drag&drop fails. Use the popup plug-in menu to add

I don't understand this one.

Bye......:roll:
by kdm on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:14 am
taylorscott2 wrote
bailatosco wroteSo we can definitely assume that there was no bugfixing for this update. AWESOME. :D

I can confirm that a bug I submitted, and that was able to be reproduced by the S1 Support Team, has not been fixed. It is a bug in regards to AAF importing.

What was the bug? I've been testing moving a few projects to S1 via AAF recently. PM is fine as my inquiry is off topic.
by taylorscott2 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:56 pm
kdm wrote
taylorscott2 wrote

What was the bug? I've been testing moving a few projects to S1 via AAF recently. PM is fine as my inquiry is off topic.

You may not run into it - it is pretty specific! It was/is a bug where some tracks and audio clips would be completely missing when importing an AAF that has been exported from DaVinci Resolve. Doesn't seem to be caused by Resolve, as Nuendo imports them perfectly.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by taylorscott2 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:57 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
Adding the first Event FX plug-in via drag&drop fails. Use the popup plug-in menu to add

I don't understand this one.

I don't either because dragging a plugin onto an event while holding ALT (to do event fx) is working just fine for me.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by bensizer on Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:53 am
Bumping this, because I'd really like to know if there were any bug fixes. Not that we should have to pay for fixes, but still.

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]
by Vocalpoint on Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:30 am
bensizer wroteBumping this, because I'd really like to know if there were any bug fixes. Not that we should have to pay for fixes, but still.

Firstly - I agree with the general need to deal with long standing bugs and it's almost a guarantee there were fixes in v6 - whether you accept it or not - you and I paid for them as soon as we bought the upgrade.

But to my knowledge - I have never seen a detailed log ever released (to the user base) since starting on S1 v1 in 2011.

And let's not lose sight of what each two+ year upgrade window brings - usually lots of fixes, tweaks and of course new features.

There may also be some truth to some of the posts in here as well - some bugs - where they appear to effect 8 people for whatever reason simply may not get developer time for one reason or another - especially when it's seems everyone is constantly looking for the next new feature. And of course - each new feature brings the potential for more new bugs. It's a never-ending cycle.

Personally - I would love to see at least one release in the v6 cycle that serves as a stability and polish release where nothing new is added and 20-30 long stander bugs and issues are corrected.

But a detailed change log outlining every little thing that was done/tweaked/corrected from 5.5 to get to v6 - let's prepare to be disappointed.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by taylorscott2 on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:48 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
bensizer wroteBumping this, because I'd really like to know if there were any bug fixes. Not that we should have to pay for fixes, but still.

Firstly - I agree with the general need to deal with long standing bugs and it's almost a guarantee there were fixes in v6 - whether you accept it or not - you and I paid for them as soon as we bought the upgrade.

But to my knowledge - I have never seen a detailed log ever released (to the user base) since starting on S1 v1 in 2011.

And let's not lose sight of what each two+ year upgrade window brings - usually lots of fixes, tweaks and of course new features.

There may also be some truth to some of the posts in here as well - some bugs - where they appear to effect 8 people for whatever reason simply may not get developer time for one reason or another - especially when it's seems everyone is constantly looking for the next new feature. And of course - each new feature brings the potential for more new bugs. It's a never-ending cycle.

Personally - I would love to see at least one release in the v6 cycle that serves as a stability and polish release where nothing new is added and 20-30 long stander bugs and issues are corrected.

But a detailed change log outlining every little thing that was done/tweaked/corrected from 5.5 to get to v6 - let's prepare to be disappointed.

VP

They always release change logs showing which bugs have been fixed. Version 6 is the first time I have seen it not happen.

Here's the change log for 5.5.2 which shows which bugs were fixed

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=48092

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by Vocalpoint on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 pm
taylorscott2 wroteThey always release change logs showing which bugs have been fixed. Version 6 is the first time I have seen it not happen. Here's the change log for 5.5.2 which shows which bugs were fixed

Respectfully - you are confusing "major" release notes with "maintenance" release notes. You are correct - for any maintenance release (x.01, x.02 etc) - we most certainly see references to bugs fixed since the last release.

But for a major new version (6.0.0.0) I have never seen any reference to any carry forward work where a bug that existed in a previous version (5.5.2 for example) is mentioned within the release notes for a new "major" version.

They seem to start from scratch with each new major and then update release notes with bugs fixed in the that specific cycle.

When 6.01 is released - we will most certainly see references to anything fixed since 6.0.0.0.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by bensizer on Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:57 am
Vocalpoint wrote

I didn't buy the upgrade. I don't want any of the new features they offered, just bug fixes.

I understand they need to offer new shiny things to justify a new version. That's mostly irrelevant to my question though. I just want to know if they've fixed any bugs, mostly because it would be good to know if they've fixed the bugs I've reported, which might make the difference between me switching DAWs this year or not.

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]
by PreAl on Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:01 am
1) Obviously there will be an internal database / tracking log of issues that will include outstanding bugs and fixed bugs in as much detail and clarity as possible.

2) They definitely would have fixed some bugs.

3) They definitely would have created some bugs.

4) Yup they haven't told us what bugs they fixed on this first major release. I don't particularly like this practice myself. Hey ho.

Not buying it right now (may do later) so I guess I'm not the target audience. I'll let things settle first.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:10 am
bensizer wrote I didn't buy the upgrade. I don't want any of the new features they offered, just bug fixes.

Ah - I see. That's really not how this works. Good luck with that stance.

Cheers

VP

by donaldbaarns on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:23 am
They aren't going to report the hundreds of minor bugs fixed along the way. Developers always fix details when they are in working code, doing upgrades, so this is normal. Some firms document more, some less.

IF they were going to do it, I suspect they would have done it already. There are only a few hundred people that really care about all that. Every DAW has bugs, and I suspect the bigger fixes will be documented whenever they release 6.0.0.0.1 (or whatever they call it)

After that ships, I expect the Demo version will become available. People who care will be able to check out if a specific issue was addressed for free. Putting out a list of 400 changes will still require you to go in and see if it actually fixed YOUR specific issue. Just because some list says it's fixed, how many will trust that until they test it themselves?

The Demo will install in parallel, you'll get to check, or ignore, up to you.

I'm still impressed by how quiet it's been overall, and I've been watching these releases since v2.

I get the sense they don't feel pressure to put out a hotfix immediately, because there are few issues. (I'm sure it's in the works.)

There are always issues, but fewer than previous releases and most have workarounds, or are complex edge cases, outside the vast majority. Based on their history, we are weeks away from their maintenance release that deals with the issues found since release, and then they can go back to features and bug fixes moving forward again.

I have no expectations a detailed fix list for the 5.x to 6.0 version will happen and personally, I don't care. Others might, no stress from me either way.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by PreAl on Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:45 pm
donaldbaarns wroteIF they were going to do it, I suspect they would have done it already. There are only a few hundred people that really care about all that.

They've done it before:
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=48092

Also the idea that only a few hundred people care is simply your assumption. I can tell that a lot of people care about stability but I can't supply you any figures because I simply don't know (nor do you).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

27 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2