307 postsPage 2 of 16
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16
edwine1 wroteI'm sure prices for Sphere have gone up here in the UK, maybe so where you are.

I'm in the Sates and just checked my invoices. It's still $14.95. I think they have to notify you about any price hikes.

tg
Last edited by graytermedia on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by timo.heil on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:06 pm
graytermedia wrote
timo.heil wroteI'd really like to know if a specific bug that I reported has been fixed. I guess the only way to figure this out is to subscribe to Presonus Sphere for 1 month to figure it out myself....? Really?

That's a cheaper option than spending the upgrade cost only to find out that it wasn't addressed. It sucks, but at least PreSonus isn't Avid. They offered something similar years ago to entice me to give up my Pro Tools perpetual license for an Ultimate subscription. It was fine until they raised the subscription to $110 a month. I was lucky that I had a spare perpetual license to fall back on and dropped that Ultimate sub like a bad habit.

Not defending PreSonus here, but $14 to try it out isn't all that bad (I've spent more on worse things) and it's far less hassle than what I had to go through with Avid. I've been a Sphere member since day one, and for what you get, it's more than worth it. However, if they raise the price, I'm out and would have to pony up the upgrade price.

tg

OK. So I checked it with a 1 month Sphere subscription. This bug which I reported last ear (!) and took the time to document it in a video early this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKj5X6g_X5A
hasnt' been fixed.

Can't believe that they put so much time in developing bunches of new features without addressing this essential plugin delay compensation bug which other DAWs just handle without a problem.

So I'm done with Studio One I'm afraid. Can't trust them anymore. Sad but true.

Bye!

Studio One 5.x Professional, Win10, i9 10850K, 32GB, RME Fireface UC
by gregghart on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:07 pm
All you guys that say it brings nothing....REALLY? Have you actually LOOKED at what all new features it has? Something like 40 of them. New EQ (which is phenomenal by the way), Better Sidechain abilities, Track Templates that actually make sense, better customization, video tracks (which have been on the "want" list for at least 5 years), a Vocoder, an Autofilter (great for electronic musicians like myself), MPE support which has also been something people have been wanting, Some great new Mixer features like Flip Faders, better plug in control, etc....

What are you guys expecting it to do? Your laundry?

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by graytermedia on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:21 pm
timo.heil wroteOK. So I checked it with a 1 month Sphere subscription. This bug which I reported last ear (!) and took the time to document it in a video early this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKj5X6g_X5A
hasnt' been fixed.

Can't believe that they put so much time in developing bunches of new features without addressing this essential plugin delay compensation bug which other DAWs just handle without a problem.

So I'm done with Studio One I'm afraid. Can't trust them anymore. Sad but true.

Bye!

I just watched the video and tried this myself using Superior Drummer 3. I printed a click track and then added the biggest offending plugins I own (FabFilter's Pro-L2 and Ozone 10 to separate tracks). I added a tone generator to each track so that that gave the Pro-L2 and Ozone 10 something to munch on.

The upshot? I could not recreate this problem. Even after setting the Pro L2 to 32x oversampling and the biggest preset Ozone had to offer. I even threw Ozone on the Master bus. Again, everything played back in sync.

The Pro L2 was throwing out 65.5 ms of latency.
Each Ozone instance reported 49.1.

I tend not to use high latency plugins. Maybe that's why I've not seen this issue. IMO, if a plugin is putting out that much latency, the programmers aren't doing a good job of coding and I won't touch it.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by timo.heil on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:29 pm
how did you control Superoi Drummer? If you just use a midi track it will work fine. But if you use another plugin that outputs midi, like Jamstix or MDrummer and use that as Superior Drummers Midi input you should get the same error.

I reported it via support ticket and basically said that they forwarded it to the Dev department and all I can do is to see if it gets fixed in an upcoming update. Other users have confirmed the problem, too.

by bailatosco on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:30 pm
Seems like an update right up my alley, but...

HEY, HOW ABOUT SOME RELEASE NOTES PRESONUS? so we can actually see what this is about, without watching an hour worth of video.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by muziksculp on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:35 pm
Hi,

I'm a sphere member, but I'm trying to find out what my upgrade from ver 5 to 6 purchase price will be, how can I access my normal Presonus account. The site keeps logging me into my Sphere account. I own version 5, and just want to know where I see my upgrade price to ver 6.

Any feedback on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by MisterE on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:38 pm
garyanderson5 wroteUpgrade price for normal V5 users is horrid. Cubase 12 pro cross grade is only $179.14 atm at Best Service and has many features S1 6 doesn't have. Why would i pay almost as much for maby 3 things i find usefull. Forcing people to Sphere it seems. Not for me thanks.

Nice find. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by garyanderson5 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 pm
timo.heil wrotehow did you control Superoi Drummer? If you just use a midi track it will work fine. But if you use another plugin that outputs midi, like Jamstix or MDrummer and use that as Superior Drummers Midi input you should get the same error.

I reported it via support ticket and basically said that they forwarded it to the Dev department and all I can do is to see if it gets fixed in an upcoming update. Other users have confirmed the problem, too.

It's when you use the midi out of a VSTI into another VSTI etc. Soon as you add latency it throws the playback out by the latency amount. Arpeggio is a great way to listen how much the timing is out. They where told about this in 2015 with V3 and V4 and V5. So they still didn't fix it in V6? Steve Duda told them about this years ago it's on the Xfer Records forums still to this day. It's easy to reproduce as long as latency is present in the chain after you patch midi out of a vsti into another vsti like an arp. Throws it out of sync with every other track in your project. It was fixed in early V3 then it went back to not working around 3.5 after Dropout Protection was added.
Last edited by garyanderson5 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by graytermedia on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:45 pm
timo.heil wrotehow did you control Superoi Drummer? If you just use a midi track it will work fine. But if you use another plugin that outputs midi, like Jamstix or MDrummer and use that as Superior Drummers Midi input you should get the same error.

Ahhh... Now I see the issue. I don't use anything like Jamstix or MDrummer, but I occasionally feed MIDI out of Scaler 2 to a VI on an instrument track so that I can record the real chords on to the track (not just the single notes).

Yep. The problem is there. Again, I've not run into it because I usually don't have high latency plugins running while composing. I'd never have Ozone or L2 on in this stage and most of my virtual instruments are zero latency plugins. But, I can see where this would be a pain.

Its workflow dependent. FWIW, Ableton has the same issue unless you do some odd routing of tracks.

tg

by edwine1 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:53 pm
graytermedia wrote
edwine1 wroteI'm sure prices for Sphere have gone up here in the UK, maybe so where you are.

I'm in the Sates and just checked my invoices. It's still $14.95. I think they have to notify you about any price hikes.

tg

I'm not a Sphere user. I was going to join this month to check out 6, only I saw it was £16.75 per month, which is currently $18.53. So the UK prices have must have shot up.

Windows 10 64bit
16gb RAM
Studio One 6 Pro
Melodyne 5 Editor
Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by michaelmarton on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:55 pm
$210.00 CDN? Doubtful for me for upgrading at this point. I'll stick with 5.x I'll probably pull for the next Mixbus 32C if it gets better at midi and workflow but that's it for me for S1 upgrades. Agree that this seems more like a .X than a new version but I guess it depends on the behind the scenes fixes. Is the latency and processing better?

Hex core 8770K, Win 10 64 bit, Apollo X8, Konnekt48 (ADAT/midi), Roland D-20, JD-Xi, Mixbus, Studio One Pro 5.4, Hardware and Guitars.
by timo.heil on Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:58 pm
Yup. If you don't use high latency plugins you won't realize it. In the video I used MSpectral Delay because its latency is just insane and it demonstrates the issue very well But even if you use plugins that just have 1ms latency the midi would be delayed, even though you wouldn't realize it ..unless you maybe are an Indian musician with extreme rhythm sensitivity ;)

But to be honest there are also "creative" plugins which you would use during the composition stage which have quite high latency.

Anyway: This issue should have been fixed long time ago. works flawlessly in e.g. Bitwig or Reaper. Haven't checked other DAWs.

by DJKeys on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:00 pm
henrikhjortnaes wrote$199 for upgrading my one year old Professional 5 license to 6?

Shows $149.95 here. I usually wait until the upgrade drops to $99 or $79.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-6- ... l-versions

-dj

2019 iMAC i7
250GB SSD (internal)
1TB SSD (external)x2
16GB RAM
OSX 13.5
Studio One 5.5.2
Waves Platinum v14
Ozone 9 Advanced
Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Nektar T4
by graytermedia on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:01 pm
edwine1 wroteI'm not a Sphere user. I was going to join this month to check out 6, only I saw it was £16.75 per month, which is currently $18.53. So the UK prices have must have shot up.

Just double checked Presonus.com here in the US. It's still $14.95 for a subscription.

by DJKeys on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm
In the videos, it appears that the track colors are more muted, like in Pro Tools. Can anyone confirm changes to the track colors?

-dj

2019 iMAC i7
250GB SSD (internal)
1TB SSD (external)x2
16GB RAM
OSX 13.5
Studio One 5.5.2
Waves Platinum v14
Ozone 9 Advanced
Focusrite Dual Mono Mic Pre
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Nektar T4
by robertodicorato on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:11 pm
DJKeys wrote
henrikhjortnaes wrote$199 for upgrading my one year old Professional 5 license to 6?

Shows $149.95 here. I usually wait until the upgrade drops to $99 or $79.

https://shop.presonus.com/Studio-One-6- ... l-versions

-dj

Here in Italy I see 181.71€ (including taxes)
Too much for me, sorry, can’t afford it right now.

iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Scarlett Solo, OS X Catalina, Logic Pro, Finale, Notion, VSL, Sonokinetic, LASS etc. 1 mate (Ines), two cats (Oliva and Spritz)
by KoreyCreative on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:28 pm
gregghart wroteAll you guys that say it brings nothing....REALLY? Have you actually LOOKED at what all new features it has? Something like 40 of them. New EQ (which is phenomenal by the way), Better Sidechain abilities, Track Templates that actually make sense, better customization, video tracks (which have been on the "want" list for at least 5 years), a Vocoder, an Autofilter (great for electronic musicians like myself), MPE support which has also been something people have been wanting, Some great new Mixer features like Flip Faders, better plug in control, etc....

I've looked at the features multiple times, I still feel it isn't for me. I'm not paying $150+ to update from Studio One 5. I'm thinking of moving to a new DAW to be honest.

I use FabFilter so no need for EQ, De-Esser myself. Icons, lyrics, video and/ or the Vocoder don't interest me at all. My only go to plugin is the mix tool, but alternate panning modes are nice.

I don't see the point in the extra mixer channel overview.

I looked at the sidechain flip as odd. I also don't see the big importance of side chains to virtual instruments.

I don't understand the need for a Smart Template.

Customization Editor is okay

The track preset thing is odd to me as I already drag a track/s from the browser if needed. Like I just navigate to a track that I know has the preset chain I'm looking for and just drag it from there.

Sends on FX channels can now be sent to another, can't buses already do this? I would have thought FX channels would have been removed because they're redundant when buses can do everything.

Here are some ideas I thought we would get in Studio One 6.

Surround sound.
Updated color pallet choices.
Updated pattern mode like FL Studio.
Sample One, Impact XT updates.
Ability to see plugins directly next to the track name like in Pro Tools.
Ability to disable smart tools like the automatic cut tool when moving midi etc.
Moved Song and Projects together into one unit.
by ericma2 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm
Eucon? Multiple physical outputs for listen bus for different Sound ID Reference profiles? Can't find the change log.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:55 pm
gregghart wroteAll you guys that say it brings nothing....REALLY? Have you actually LOOKED at what all new features it has? Something like 40 of them. New EQ (which is phenomenal by the way), Better Sidechain abilities, Track Templates that actually make sense, better customization, video tracks (which have been on the "want" list for at least 5 years), a Vocoder, an Autofilter (great for electronic musicians like myself), MPE support which has also been something people have been wanting, Some great new Mixer features like Flip Faders, better plug in control, etc....

@MPE support: 5 introduced this, didn't it? Is it now VST3? Maybe I'm missing something (I don't think I'll ever buy a Roli, but just in case)

As to the rest, "same as it ever was" :lol: I'm not fussed either way. If someone wants to leave, you have my blessing and good luck.

For me personally (and it's only been a couple of hours) things seem to work fine, I'ma deeper dive later on. Right now I've GOT to get some painting done! Been playing with TONEX since 4am and tested a bunch of stuff in 6 (which seems to work great)

I think I forgot to post this: Is anyone getting a slight improvement in the performance meter? Seems that things that took "x" on that are a little lower in 6. Or maybe it's just me? Haven't read everything yet (painting! gotta geter done! )

Bye......:roll:

307 postsPage 2 of 16
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16