23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I found the S1 6 trailer today and thought, "What? Releasing 6 without fixing the current bugs?"
Of course, I guessed it to come out by now, but there are so many bugs. I'm gonna stay with 5 for a while, so hope they release another update before 6.

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by IanM5 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 pm
Jean L wrote I'm gonna stay with 5 for a while, so hope they release another update before 6.

They definitely won't do that. V6 lands in a couple of days and that will be the end of V5 updates.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Nothingness on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:58 pm
IanM5 wrote
Jean L wrote I'm gonna stay with 5 for a while, so hope they release another update before 6.

They definitely won't do that. V6 lands in a couple of days and that will be the end of V5 updates.

Dang! The graphical glitch of Pro-EQ is a kinda critical though. You should turn it on/off every time it happens.

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by Jemusic on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:17 am
On the bright side. V6 may include some fixes too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:50 am
I agree it's very disappointing that there isn't a final "round up" bug fix package for 5.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by davidspencerbarker on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:29 am
In my few years as a hobbyist using other daw';s and my humble opinion.

It would be plain stupid for a major release to be full of bugs and issues.Without being fully tested :shock:

I would expect some minor bugs here and there,.After all there is no bug or issue free daw out there as far as I know
No daw is perfect thats a certainty
But after the initial launch I would expect a bunch of small bug fixes and improvements after the initial release. :)
With further behind the scenes testing, and investigation while users report anything they find,

I just hope the Fender company gets behind the developers and testers of Studio One fully
and not just sweep issues under the carpet so to speak.

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by Nothingness on Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:00 am
Jemusic wroteOn the bright side. V6 may include some fixes too.

You should pay for the bug fixes :punk:

by Nothingness on Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:02 am
davidspencerbarker wroteIn my few years as a hobbyist using other daw';s and my humble opinion.

It would be plain stupid for a major release to be full of bugs and issues.Without being fully tested :shock:

I would expect some minor bugs here and there,.After all there is no bug or issue free daw out there as far as I know
No daw is perfect thats a certainty
But after the initial launch I would expect a bunch of small bug fixes and improvements after the initial release. :)
With further behind the scenes testing, and investigation while users report anything they find,

I just hope the Fender company gets behind the developers and testers of Studio One fully
and not just sweep issues under the carpet so to speak.

Aha, I completely forgot Fender is involved now. It kinda makes sense.

by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:48 am
Jean L wroteI found the S1 6 trailer today and thought, "What? Releasing 6 without fixing the current bugs?"
Of course, I guessed it to come out by now, but there are so many bugs. I'm gonna stay with 5 for a while, so hope they release another update before 6.

First, what trailer did you see? Post a link.

davidspencerbarker wrote: "It would be plain stupid for a major release to be full of bugs and issues.Without being fully tested :shock: "

Agreed.
Surely they'll be a few hiccups (notice, I didn't use the B word) as there are just so many variables among users' own unique hardware or even some general misses potentially in the programing. Let's hope they are few. Enjoy!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Vocalpoint on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 am
Lokeyfly wrote First, what trailer did you see? Post a link.

You mean the one in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=49394

Lokeyfly wrote Surely they'll be a few hiccups

There will always be hiccups - both big and small. While I am very excited about what's to come in this week's announcement - per normal operating procedure - I won't be installing anything until 6.01 is available.

This is par for the course for all new major releases.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by funkshun on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:27 am
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, been using studio one since the beginning on a really old computer, never ran into any problems or bugs..
by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:14 am
Vocalpoint wrote
Lokeyfly wrote First, what trailer did you see? Post a link.

You mean the one in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=49394

Lokeyfly wrote Surely they'll be a few hiccups

There will always be hiccups - both big and small. While I am very excited about what's to come in this week's announcement - per normal operating procedure - I won't be installing anything until 6.01 is available.

This is par for the course for all new major releases.

Cheers!

VP

Thanks. Yeah, that's the one I saw, only I thought I may have missed something. The ol' teaser approach. 😍

Same here. It's standard OP for me to wait until at least x.1 or x.2. No need to be a post purchase beta tester. I may wait longer, product depending. Other software updates may prove more useful.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by reggie1979beatz on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:51 am
Ima do it right away, unless they changed it and you can't do side by side :roll:

I mean, why not? Get me feet wet, discover some bugs, check to see if things work, I have sphere. Long live sphere! :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by Vocalpoint on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:59 am
reggie1979beatz wroteIma do it right away, unless they changed it and you can't do side by side :roll:

I mean, why not? Get me feet wet, discover some bugs, check to see if things work, I have sphere. Long live sphere! :lol:

Quite certain that all the usual options (like installing side by side) are all available - but my reasons are completely different for holding out.

I am doing client work and really have no appetite (or tolerance) for any new functions suddenly going south - not to mention making a mistake and opening an existing project with v6 and not being able to go back to it with v5.

I distinctly remember how annoyed I was during the v5 cycle when Presonus suddenly killed S1's capability to properly read/playback Acid Loops - and then it took them several months to get it back again.

Like all software - there is stability and instability - I only work with the former.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:27 am
Oh, I get it for sure. Absolutely no way should ANYONE think "hey, new, shinny, let's use this" :lol:

I just want to test performance, compatibility (especially my Nektar T4) and all the plugs. One somewhat annoying bug confirmed with Arturia Analog Lab just to see if it's there (I think THAT and others should have been fixed for 5 :roll: ) ... our OP for example ;)

Bye......:roll:
by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:14 pm
@ Vocalpoint: Same here, only on this outing, I'm the client. I would be really P'd if my engineer (also me) took a chance on screwing with my end product. I'm relying on my Producer (that would be me) to have a handle on operations for a successful outcome. It's truly a team effort. ;)

In past revs, where I was working on a project and/or client, no way do I change up until projects are completed.

@ Reggie, you could run new and old versions side by side if you have the installations on your computer. If you are solely Sphere (I don't know what down rev versions you have), I'm not sure how that works. I seriously doubt you can run new and old Sphere accounts, but it is likely you could run one Sphere and one oldie. Is my guess.

That said, as Vocalpoint mentions, you cannot save to 6, and use that same file on ANY lower rev Studio One. I only keep my older revs (1 thru 4) for reference. Drive space is not an issue.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by JohnBW on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm
Couldn't resist this. Releasing software before it's ready. Been a trend for many years...

Bill Gates live presentation, Windows 98, Blue Screen of Death:
https://youtu.be/IW7Rqwwth84

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by PreAl on Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:34 pm
Well I still strongly recommend you all buy and install Studio One V6 straight away, so you can find all the bugs and report them to Presonus... so when I finally get the thing installed myself in about 6 months I will have a much easier ride.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by vasilykorytov on Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:06 pm
fixing the bugs? is it a thing? running 5.5.2, I'm still fighting literally with the same bugs as back in 2017. I'm reporting them, but it seems like I'll have to accept them as my family eventually.

on a side note, where the grass is greener? cubase? logic? pfft

by Lokeyfly on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:01 pm
vasilykorytov wrote......on a side note, where the grass is greener? cubase? logic? pfft

Well, that's the age old question. You pick your tools/ poison/DAW and you run with it. ANY DAW can be completely useful. At some point its time to put up.

So, last night I had another stuck 5.5 (frozen note), :? but hey, I know now how to free it. Oh, it was suppose to be fixed in 5.5.1, but it's just not fully fixed for some of us. So what! What's important is the music, and results.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

23 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2