174 postsPage 4 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
taylorscott2 wroteI have a soft spot for Ableton as that is what I learned audio on, but S1 needs to be in no way like Ableton, it needs to embrace being a full-fledged DAW like Cubase. Cubase has some amazing features, it just feels OLD. If S1 could catch up to some of the more 'pro' features that Cubase has, it would be really amazing...
Agree with both. Cubase does have some old, long winded ways about it. But its feature set is supreme and quite mature. If S1 would focus on closing that gap instead of adding the new age stuff, it could be amazing. We will see where they're heading in a few days.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by MisterE on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 pm
BezowinZ wrotePerfect timing! This drops before my Cubase demo expires. Makes my decision on which to move forward with that much easier.

I too am finally trying out the Cubase demo. My quick and dirty findings: lots of klunkiness, doesn't win decisively in the looks department, I don't love either one ... but ... it is more inviting in the MIDI department ... as expected ... which is most important to me. I think I'll go for the super crossgrade offer and mix and match Cubase 12 with Studio One 5. There would have to be some miracle commitment to best-in-class MIDI in S1 V6 to entice me, for regular audio there's enough in there for me already in V5.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:45 pm
Again, beefs wit cubey: WAY higher CPU use, same computer, same plug/s. WAY too much crap to install. I do allot of audio and midi, and the audio recording even for just me is convoluted.

And again, it's a mess. Too many steps to do a simple tasks. When 12 dropped I was really excited to try the new cool stuff. Implementing it isn't quite as quick as Dom's vids though :lol:

Seemed stable though. I'm not midi "reliant" even though I use it quite a bit, so not sure cubey would benefit me much.

6 will make the dope beatz, I'm sure of it so Ima roll wit dat. (sneer)

Bye......:roll:
by MisterE on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:19 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteAgain, beefs wit cubey: WAY higher CPU use, same computer, same plug/s. WAY too much crap to install. I do allot of audio and midi, and the audio recording even for just me is convoluted.

And again, it's a mess. Too many steps to do a simple tasks. When 12 dropped I was really excited to try the new cool stuff. Implementing it isn't quite as quick as Dom's vids though :lol:

Seemed stable though. I'm not midi "reliant" even though I use it quite a bit, so not sure cubey would benefit me much.

6 will make the dope beatz, I'm sure of it so Ima roll wit dat. (sneer)

Hey, for $215 USD Crossgrade . . . I mean you can't upgrade to the best Melodyne or Revoice Pro for that. Lots of just pretty good pianos cost more than that. Some clunkiness is forgiveable for a deal that good, especially since Cubase MIDI is "reverse clunkiness;" it's kinda elegant. Though if you don't need deep MIDI, no reason to care.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:30 pm
Yeah, I just couldn't make the mad beatz..........

:lol:

So, what time of day do you peeps think it will be released? I'm going with 10:13 PDT.

by steveowens5 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:49 pm
Saw on the YouTube videos that Studio One is now a Fender company when did that happen? Bet a lot of guitar effects in the build and guitar tuner plugin.
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:19 am
Late to the party guy is, late :lol:

The prefender stuff is usually deleted so you can't catch up here. We are all wondering the same thing, but the tuner in S1 has been an absolute BOON for me! So, not really thinking it will be that.

I'm certain there will be something of their input though.

Anyways kids, get ur Silver Shamrock masks ready just in case :shock:

by JohnBW on Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:41 am
One thought that has occurred to me is that the feature set for v6 was probably locked in before the prefender merger.

Making v6 probably the last version of PreSonus Studio One as we have known it. However, it is v7 that is more likely be different due to the changes in company direction...how much better or worse, or just different, remains to be seen... ;)

But the future may not be all bad. Just consider that Yamaha acquired Steinberg almost 18 years ago, and they are still going strong! :D
https://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/2004 ... rg_us.html
Last edited by JohnBW on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:46 am
Maybe.

I like the "mention" of bug fixes, for me it's just there being sphere. For others, that is a paid update which isn't ideal at all. But we've seen this for a LONG LONG time with hosts.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with DAW's right now, but they are still not as far along as one might expect for 202x.

I welcome it regardless, but if it's not something really cool, I might ditch sphere and go perpetual. It's pretty cheap on the second hand market.

by studiomusik61 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:14 am
Hopefully SO 6 have remote web monitoring, anyone can use it without installing an app on their phone. Only need volume and panning send to other musician for their own earphone monitoring. Independent mixers control separates from the mixer operator. Earphone 1,2,3,4 connected to Audio Interface output, fader mixer can control independently from musician phone.
by robgarcia1 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:22 am
If we bought Pro Sonus Studio 5 This Weekend does we get a free upgrade?
[b]or will they going to stick us for another upgrade?[/b] :twisted:
by j0001s on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:26 pm
No guarantee, but historically they've offered a grace period that's longer than one week.
by nathanielwalker2 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:35 pm
roland1 wroteEvery plugin will now have only one knob: "Yes" or "No". Can't get any simpler than that! :)

I'm truly curious what is coming down the pike cause another DAW, Digital Performer, recently put out a new version and also an update yesterday, and with all due respect for what is a great DAW, there was no valid reason for them to turn this into a new version—except that they make more money from reselling the same old features with a few bland addons.

Can't image what Studio One is going to do/has done. Whatever it is, let's hope it works right out of the box and doesn't require a six month online jamboree of "totally unusable" and "leaving for good this time — no really, I mean it" kind of posts along with some semi-rapid fire bug fixes before its all stable and we can get back to making beats.

That last line was in honor of you, Shanabit. :D

DP11 came out a year ago and was a fairly substantial update. The recent update they released was a free update for 11 with ARA2 and a few other feature additions.

I’m not aware of DP12 being released. Where are you getting that information? Point updates are not paid updates from MOTU.

DP is legit, though.
by nathanielwalker2 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 pm
shanabit wroteNEEDED:

1. Video Track
2. Surround
3. ATMOS

**If FenderSonus wants to capture the Protools, Logic,Cubase crowd .

You’re going to need a lot more than that to capture the Cubase or Pro Tools crowds.

Logic is Logic and many people go to and stick with it because it’s the best value decision to be made on macOS in the prosumer market.

Cubase is really strong in not only the production but also the film scoring markets. It has basically overtaken DP in that market segment. There are a ton of features there that music producers don’t really rank about, but make a huge difference in a film scoring workflow.

And yea. Pro Tools for post production?

If Nuendo and Pyramix still haven’t been able to take it down, adding these three features to Studio One isn’t even going to come close.

Pro Tools will still dominate in recording studios because the DAW is nothing but an editing canvas and interface to Avid hardware ;-)
by graytermedia on Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:57 pm
nathanielwalker2 wrote
shanabit wroteNEEDED:

1. Video Track
2. Surround
3. ATMOS

**If FenderSonus wants to capture the Protools, Logic,Cubase crowd .

You’re going to need a lot more than that to capture the Cubase or Pro Tools crowds.

And yea. Pro Tools for post production?

If Nuendo and Pyramix still haven’t been able to take it down, adding these three features to Studio One isn’t even going to come close.)

Yep. I say this every time the question is asked, "Why do people still use Pro Tools?". Your post elucidated that perfectly. Hollywood is subsidizing Avid, and they're not walking away from that investment anytime soon. Until someone mixes a Marvel movie in S1, Reaper, Ableton or Nuendo (the closest of them all), PT isn't going anywhere for Post. And believe me, that's what it would take.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by BobF on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:28 pm
S1 does everything *I* need and more so I doubt they're concerned in the least about PT

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by graytermedia on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:40 pm
BobF wroteS1 does everything *I* need and more so I doubt they're concerned in the least about PT

I'm sure they're not, but Post professionals looking to S1, or any other DAW for that matter, as an alternative, do care. There's nothing wrong with that, or wanting a brilliant tool to be useful in other areas besides music production.

Pro Tools is used by music producers, mixers, sound designers, audio book creators, dialogue editors and film mixers. What you don't see on the Avid groups is the music folks up in arms because Post folks use the tool too. Everyone seems to coexist with one another.

As far as Post is concerned, there seems to be a lot of "we don't want your kind here" in this group.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by JohnBW on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:02 pm
Film composers and Studio One Pro 3.5 and up - switching from Cubase Pro 9
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=26094

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by BobF on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:03 pm
graytermedia wrote
BobF wroteS1 does everything *I* need and more so I doubt they're concerned in the least about PT

I'm sure they're not, but Post professionals looking to S1, or any other DAW for that matter, as an alternative, do care. There's nothing wrong with that, or wanting a brilliant tool to be useful in other areas besides music production.

Pro Tools is used by music producers, mixers, sound designers, audio book creators, dialogue editors and film mixers. What you don't see on the Avid groups is the music folks up in arms because Post folks use the tool too. Everyone seems to coexist with one another.

As far as Post is concerned, there seems to be a lot of "we don't want your kind here" in this group.

tg

My tongue was in my cheek when I posted that

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Vocalpoint on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:11 pm
JohnBW wroteOne thought that has occurred to me is that the feature set for v6 was probably locked in before the prefender merger.

This is most likely 100% correct. Presonus would not be kicking 5.5.2 out the door back in April and then ask "Sup for v6?"

Since the Presonus dev team is so good at what they do - AND it takes extraordinary time and talent to plan, code and test all this this stuff - I would think the v6 dev "feature" tree was locked in, mapped out and started prework 12-18 months ago for all we know.

Even all that chatter from the Fender CEO most likely won't see reality for several more years - which will have elapsed while we work our way to v7.

Thursday will be exciting for sure.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM

174 postsPage 4 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9