174 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
I think some people are missing the point. Just in what little I've viewed, there are a plethora of things that I will use and appreciate. I haven't watched much yet, but the improvements are just what the doctor ordered here.

So far (about 70% tested) everything works, and that includes the Nektar T4 and to some degree, even with the binaural/dual paner. Someday maybe they'll add a trick for the "width" on the binaural? :)

All of my projects have loaded and worked so far. And again, it seems (though it might just be me) that the CPU use is a little better.

Oh man, I'm not sure I should try my luck, but with some killer improvements with windoze 11, I might just faint if that works :shock: But for now, I'll just keep getting things checked/learned and enjoy!

Bye......:roll:
by ericma2 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:45 pm
I don't think some of the folks criticizing this update are missing the point. The pendulum is swinging your way right now and that's great. Some folks, myself included, just feel this was a lackluster update. It kinda is but not so, for beginners, sphere members and some producers. It's all good though because V5 brought a lot of cool audio editing features. V6 just seems a little thin compared to V5. I seriously am digging the Fader flip feature though. Maybe it'll work on my Artist Mix! Not sure when I'll upgrade though.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:15 pm
Ok, I'll say this and then I'm done!

Since when has any update/upgrade been to everyone's liking? Answer: Since never.

I really do wish everyone would have gotten all the goodies they asked Santa for, really I do. But it's NEVER HAPPENED and it's never going to happen.

Maybe it's a "tude" but good luck to everyone jumping ship.

by garyshepherd on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:58 pm
Why is there that "Transfers" button taking up Menu Bar space - how often does anyone use that? Very Strange.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:10 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
patrickviens wrote
taylorscott2 wrote
I'm sure there are a lot more features that aren't shown on that product page. But yeah, for a major release, the "main" features are pretty lacking. Although I am VERYYY excited about the video track.

NEW : I have spotted Stereo pan for stereo tracks instead of just a L/R balance slider.

Two thoughts:

-YAY!!!!!!!! I love it!
-Er, might not work right with the Nektar.

BTW, it works "ok" For binaural there is a "width" control that isn't assigned to anything. The dual mode kinda works, but it's a little finicky. But everything I've tried has worked with 6 so far.

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:22 am
@amp sims/ampire/etc.

I have TONEX all installed and it's pretty kick butt. First off, it's really low CPU use. Also it loads/opens much faster than AT (that was always an issue here)

It's like anything else, requires time and tweaking but once you get into it, it's pretty un-deniable. Response is the biggest thing. The tactile feel is delicious.

There are WAY too many cabs :lol:

If I had some minor complaints: The killer stomps are not "integrated" really at all. It's odd that there are some presets that have stomps, but you cannot edit them. On that note, you need to have two instances in order to pair up a stomp and amp/cab. But the CPU hit is so low it's a minor inconvenience. S1 6 user note: If you drag/drop a track you've got setup to your liking, it will save all of that (including sends) and easily recall. Perfect for making tweaks later. My chain is tuner, an Arturia preamp, two TONEX's, and sometimes an eq on the end. Easy peasy.

But also, again, there is no way to have certain cabs/amps as favorites. This is something desired in AT and you'd think someone would listen, guess not. Preset handling is, pretty basic overall, but works fine.

But I've been playing with it and 6 for HOURS today and so far, all is very well.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:43 am
reggie1979beatz wroteOk, I'll say this and then I'm done!

Hah!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:45 am
Out of context quote is, out of context. Honestly, climb off, will ya? It's WAY past it's prime :roll:

by BobF on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:51 am
reggie1979beatz wroteOut of context quote is, out of context. Honestly, climb off, will ya? It's WAY past it's prime :roll:

Well, that WAS funny. :D

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:17 am
So for those who already posted here.
Did you get what you want? Quote your post if you did.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 am
What is in context are all too many of your points Reggie. Who's "jumping ship"?

If some users, and myself included are a little dissalusioned with what Studio One version 6 provides, I see no comments about jumping ship. One guy is trialing S1 vs Cubase, and that's it. Some simply are just going to use what they have. There's already plenty to like in v5.

Isn't "jumping ship" a little dramatic, if some aren't thrilled with version 6?

Wait, maybe I shouldn't have posed that question to you. For you being a Sphere member, it's a free ride. Some will buy it and like it. Some won't. That's it.

Here's your full statement so you dont feel I'm cherry picking your point.

reggie1979beatz wroteOk, I'll say this and then I'm done!

Since when has any update/upgrade been to everyone's liking? Answer: Since never.

I really do wish everyone would have gotten all the goodies they asked Santa for, really I do. But it's NEVER HAPPENED and it's never going to happen.

Maybe it's a "tude" but good luck to everyone jumping ship.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by BobF on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:50 am
PreAl wroteSo for those who already posted here.

BobF wrote
I've never really thought about a list of things I would want in a new SO version. One thing I would like to see is improvements to Import Song Data - it works well, but it's kinda' clunky going thru the steps.

The new Track Presets covered this one for me even better than ISD improvements could have

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Lokeyfly on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:56 am

It's a good question. I didn't purchase, so I'll hold off.
For Sphere users, it's a no brainer upgrading, but it might not likely be what most expected. It rarely is.

Of course the few wanting Arturia V vocoder integration will be thrilled. It will be interesting to see what fixes were resolved and if people's needs are met.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by PreAl on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:00 am
I think they missed a trick by not supplying enough UI eye candy. Improving the resolution, usability and appearance of waveforms and envelopes (think melodyne for instance, although that color scheme does not have to be used) would have made me pull the trigger. It just feels like stuff bolted on rather than refined. Maybe further updates will persuade me.

Ultimately if you don't care about the new features you ain't gonna upgrade.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:27 pm
"Bolt on" seems to be a very good description.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by dougasherman on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Well...I didn't get a pony.
But I did get a video track and integrated control of some third-party plugins, so....

I haven't checked out how it works with the controller I use (Arturia Keylab). But I suspect it'll be fine.

Studio One 6 Professional
Melodyne Editor 5.1.1
Mac Studio MacOS Ventura 13.6.5 64gb ram
Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
by PreAl on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 pm
Well I'm feeling a bit better about it. There is lots of useful stuff.
I definitely wanted track presets.
Most of its useful. Like the track icons (a la cakewalk).
Pins on startup is useful.
Most of the new plugins I already have equivalents.

On the plus side there is a lot of meat and potatoes functionality rather than the shiny and useless, but I'm still not feeling the "wow" factor. It just doesn't feel... enough... I guess if there was twice as much of it, then it would feel substantial. I'm probably greedy. Right now kinda...

phpBB [video]

by taylorscott2 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:15 pm
garyshepherd wroteWhy is there that "Transfers" button taking up Menu Bar space - how often does anyone use that? Very Strange.

That was there in v5 too..

Click on it, then right click on each transfer and remove it from the list. Once you remove them all, the button will disappear. Just as it always has

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:30 pm
PreAl wroteI definitely wanted track presets.

This is my current favorite. As a guitar and bassist, it's brilliant to be able to drag/drop a track I'm happy with as a preset that I can recall anytime. "Doable" to some degree before, but not this quick and easy. I don't think it saved sends like this does either, but I can't remember and don't want to try it right now. I do wish that it automatically would ask to rename it rather than doing in manually, but hey, first world problems :lol:

Add in "overview" and "fader flip" with key commands and things just got a WHOLE bunch mo' betta.

by ianaeillo on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:08 am
Are there a lot of little updates to stuff? Not big sweeping things but tiny little guys?

Any little touches that have popped up that you’re excited about?

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

174 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9