174 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
ennbr wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteI'll be trying TONEX tomorrow too. Might end up being a 174 USD virtual paperweight

Why not just download the trial version or is it not available for TONEX then no money spent

I have sphere :mrgreen: As far as TONEX is concerned, in order to get a good price, you have to preorder. With my jam points it was 174 instead of 249.99 and "allegedly" it's going to be 399 for everyone that didn't preorder. It's a gamble, but it's the first really new tech in amp modeling for...ever?

Not a problem no matter what! But let's face it, two really shiny new things playing perfectly with each other: Magic 8 ball says "not likely" :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:45 am
Oh, I just had an idea! I can do the demo, and if it's not what I want, keep the SN and resell that!

We'll see........

by gregghart on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:48 am
Honestly, I think Guitar Rig 5 does a great Amp. 6 has issues. Also, Peavy had a great one, but for some reason, it won't work any longer on my PC. I think a recent Windows update killed it. But, I can get killer sounds out of Guitar Rig 5.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:58 am
gregghart wroteHonestly, I think Guitar Rig 5 does a great Amp. 6 has issues. Also, Peavy had a great one, but for some reason, it won't work any longer on my PC. I think a recent Windows update killed it. But, I can get killer sounds out of Guitar Rig 5.

I like GR5 too. Waves GTR and the PRS models can make decent tones as well.

I like Ampire, but it isn't easy for me to navigate for some reason. I mostly reach for AmpliTube and GR5.

I'm thinking of upgrading K12UCE to 14 if the price is right during the last quarter. GR6 is one of the draws for me.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by gregghart on Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:10 pm
14 has some AMAZING add ons. Kontakt 7 for one, and several new Play synths. This was one of their biggest version to version upgrades ever. Usually, I skip a version or two because there aren't enough things in it to justify the upgrade. I just got 13 a few months ago and I wish I would have waited....the amount of new stuff in 14 compared to 13 is outstanding.

My issue with Ampire is it often loses it's settings for me. I'll set something the way I want it, save the song, then next time I load it, it goes back to default. Annoys me.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

by IanM5 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:41 pm
So according to that link, which I'm 99% sure is accurate and has been released prematurely by the reseller, it's slim pickings for a major release:

WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6:
    NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
    NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
    NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
    NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
    NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
    NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by firegs on Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:42 pm
EDIT: NVM.
Last edited by firegs on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by taylorscott2 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:10 pm
IanM5 wroteSo according to that link, which I'm 99% sure is accurate and has been released prematurely by the reseller, it's slim pickings for a major release:

WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 6:
    NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
    NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
    NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
    NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
    NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
    NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser

I'm sure there are a lot more features that aren't shown on that product page. But yeah, for a major release, the "main" features are pretty lacking. Although I am VERYYY excited about the video track.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:39 pm
gregghart wrote14 has some AMAZING add ons. Kontakt 7 for one, and several new Play synths. This was one of their biggest version to version upgrades ever. Usually, I skip a version or two because there aren't enough things in it to justify the upgrade. I just got 13 a few months ago and I wish I would have waited....the amount of new stuff in 14 compared to 13 is outstanding.

My issue with Ampire is it often loses it's settings for me. I'll set something the way I want it, save the song, then next time I load it, it goes back to default. Annoys me.

Yes, lotsa stuff. VI guitars would be an awesome update for me too. The ones that can do melodic tracks.

IIRC, the current year releases haven't gotten 4th quarter discounts. Usually the following year. We'll see how long I can hold out :D

-

Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:41 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
ennbr wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteI'll be trying TONEX tomorrow too. Might end up being a 174 USD virtual paperweight

Why not just download the trial version or is it not available for TONEX then no money spent

I have sphere :mrgreen: As far as TONEX is concerned, in order to get a good price, you have to preorder. With my jam points it was 174 instead of 249.99 and "allegedly" it's going to be 399 for everyone that didn't preorder. It's a gamble, but it's the first really new tech in amp modeling for...ever?

Not a problem no matter what! But let's face it, two really shiny new things playing perfectly with each other: Magic 8 ball says "not likely" :lol:

IIRC, Syntronik was that way too.

-

by patrickviens on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:45 pm
taylorscott2 wrote
I'm sure there are a lot more features that aren't shown on that product page. But yeah, for a major release, the "main" features are pretty lacking. Although I am VERYYY excited about the video track.

NEW : I have spotted Stereo pan for stereo tracks instead of just a L/R balance slider.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 pm
patrickviens wrote
taylorscott2 wrote

NEW : I have spotted Stereo pan for stereo tracks instead of just a L/R balance slider.

Two thoughts:

-YAY!!!!!!!! I love it!
-Er, might not work right with the Nektar.

by gregghart on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:11 pm
BobF wrote
gregghart wrote14 has some AMAZING add ons. Kontakt 7 for one, and several new Play synths. This was one of their biggest version to version upgrades ever. Usually, I skip a version or two because there aren't enough things in it to justify the upgrade. I just got 13 a few months ago and I wish I would have waited....the amount of new stuff in 14 compared to 13 is outstanding.

Yes, lotsa stuff. VI guitars would be an awesome update for me too. The ones that can do melodic tracks.

IIRC, the current year releases haven't gotten 4th quarter discounts. Usually the following year. We'll see how long I can hold out :D

I had already bought several of the Deluxe / Melodic guitars! They are AMAZING.

Here is a track I did using several of the newer instruments from V13. (The female vocals are Heavocity's Vocalise 1 and 2....they do NOT come with Any Komplete)

This is a VERY heavy track though, but those guitars (both clean and distorted) are NI

https://soundcloud.com/gregg-hart/burie ... the-ground

by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:36 pm
Great track!!

-

by gregghart on Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:37 pm
Thanks!

by ericma2 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:03 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
patrickviens wrote
taylorscott2 wrote

Two thoughts:

-YAY!!!!!!!! I love it!
-Er, might not work right with the Nektar.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!
"hell yeah stereo pan! Oh wait,might not work right with my artist mix controller."

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by ianaeillo on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:42 am
Today is the day my OS is too old to run Studio One. I imagine there’s no way they’re supporting 10.13 but I just can’t move on quite yet. The computer can take it but some of the programs? The programs can’t.

Have a fun version 6 everyone!

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by wdkbeats on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:41 am
I just hope they fixed the automation rendering bug. The "shaking the box" method is getting old :D

PC: AMD Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz CL16, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 8GB, SSD CORSAIR SSD MP510 960GB M.2 NVMe (OS)
DAW: Studio One Professional x64
Gear: RME Fireface 802 + RME Advanced Remote, Prometheus Acoustics monitors, Avantone Mixcubes, JBL 305p, Softube Console 1, Presonus Faderport, AKAI Advance 61, Presonus Faderport, Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
by musicchamber on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:41 am
So is there going to be a live presentation today or not? If so what are the details on timing etc??

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by risotto on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:47 am
musicchamber wroteSo is there going to be a live presentation today or not? If so what are the details on timing etc??

Tune in here in about 6 hours.

https://youtu.be/Ag_U-c4ymYc

S1Pro V5 (always on latest release) + S1Pro V4 for older projects. Win10 64bit - Intel i7 6700k - 32gig RAM - MSI z170 Board - SSDs - NVIDIA graphics - no32bitanymore

174 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9