Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by snb1 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:00 am
Yup! What are you hoping for?

Studio One Pro 6.6 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:31 pm
Although I'm not exactly sure, and wouldn't know how/if they would implement it (vague much? ) I'd really like some other options other than F11/12 for plug windows. Something to the effect of being able to open them when you launch a song/whatever and they are not open already? (that is annoying to me to always have to double click on a plug from the inspector or mixer)

Maybe some extra things/tighter integration of ATOM or SQ (or both! )

Some kinda way to get intensive plugs to be mo' spread over the cores vs. chewing up the first core the most? It's not huge here, but considering there are times when one or more can tax the "performance" meter it would be terrific and revolutionary. (nobody does that that I'm aware of) But S1 is already better at CPU handling than anything I've tried.

Something else that kinda annoys me that I'm certain will never be addressed, but I would really like the QWARTY to always be active regardless of what is/isn't open. I'll try to explain, FREQUENTLY I have to use the mouse to click on a plug window (even if it's the only window open) to be able to use key commands I have (like for shifting through a few plugs on one channel) I guess maybe this goes back to the first thing I mentioned.

Better control for odd key sigs, swing, etc. Almost everything is doable, but it requires extra steps. Aren't we advanced enough for this?

Can't think of anything else right now, but IK is releasing TONEX on the same day.....god help us all :lol:

Oh and a pony, a barbie super house and compatibility with my controllers and plugs!

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:34 pm
Oh, just remembered, much extra incredible content for us SPHERE users!

by shanabit on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:31 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteOh, just remembered, much extra incredible content for us SPHERE users!

This should help Reggie make more beats :D

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by muziksculp on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:59 pm
What about Notion 7 ?

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by roland1 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:43 pm
Every plugin will now have only one knob: "Yes" or "No". Can't get any simpler than that! :)

I'm truly curious what is coming down the pike cause another DAW, Digital Performer, recently put out a new version and also an update yesterday, and with all due respect for what is a great DAW, there was no valid reason for them to turn this into a new version—except that they make more money from reselling the same old features with a few bland addons.

Can't image what Studio One is going to do/has done. Whatever it is, let's hope it works right out of the box and doesn't require a six month online jamboree of "totally unusable" and "leaving for good this time — no really, I mean it" kind of posts along with some semi-rapid fire bug fixes before its all stable and we can get back to making beats.

That last line was in honor of you, Shanabit. :D

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by shanabit on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:10 pm
Studio One 6, da supreme beats machine

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by leosutherland on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:48 pm
roland1 wroteEvery plugin will now have only one knob: "Yes" or "No". Can't get any simpler than that! :)

No, mate, that too complex - that still needs someone to make a decision :roll:

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by Fornicras on Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am
I hope we get improved MIDI, better-modern looking UI (with modern looking fonts) and Live Looping.
It would be great if we could also get a MIDI editor for Atom and Atom SQ, even though it's not related to the new version.

I can't wait to be honest. I hope they don't do something like Dolby support/7.1, etc. (I don't know the terms exactly) which is only used by soundtrack makers, and call it Studio One 6.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by gregghart on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:10 am
Fornicras wroteI hope we get improved MIDI, better-modern looking UI (with modern looking fonts) and Live Looping.
It would be great if we could also get a MIDI editor for Atom and Atom SQ, even though it's not related to the new version.

I can't wait to be honest. I hope they don't do something like Dolby support/7.1, etc. (I don't know the terms exactly) which is only used by soundtrack makers, and call it Studio One 6.

Dolby Atmos support would be HUGE. I hope they DO add it.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by garyshepherd on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:16 am
reggie1979beatz wroteOh, just remembered, much extra incredible content for us SPHERE users!

yay

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Studio One 6.6 Professional Minus (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.3, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:28 am
Fornicras wrote and Live Looping.

You mean like bitwig, live and DP? I guess that would be cool. Not really sure I'd use it (I had extremely mixed results doing that on bitwig/live)

by BobF on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:23 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
Fornicras wrote and Live Looping.

You mean like bitwig, live and DP? I guess that would be cool. Not really sure I'd use it (I had extremely mixed results doing that on bitwig/live)

Once I get Maschine VST figured out, I'm hoping to have Live Looping - Komplete with all of the NI stuff!

I've never really thought about a list of things I would want in a new SO version. One thing I would like to see is improvements to Import Song Data - it works well, but it's kinda' clunky going thru the steps.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by Robdp on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:31 am
Tags, a better sampler (auto slicing and more advanced features like Logic) a new color palette, GUI tweaks (floating browser etc) and I’m happy!!!

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by JohnBW on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:02 am
So the question is, will v6 be more like Ableton or Cubase?

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 am
With the exception of "yeah, it wouldn't suck to have looping", I hope NONE of the above.

by taylorscott2 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:52 am
Please god, a video track.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by JohnBW on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:58 pm
taylorscott2 wrotePlease god, a video track.

I have a hunch that this S1 update could swing a bit towards the needs of film and TV composers working on post-production. They have been requesting that feature for quite a while.

The last couple of S1 updates have added a lot of new toys for songwriters and musicians, so it's probably time...

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro

174 postsPage 1 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9