174 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Well I am not excited about anything re v6!
Conversely I am not upset about v6! I Am disappointed that I I didn't stop at v4.

It seems that the only people who are praising parts of it are those trying to justify the money they spent on it.
Like "I like the track presets" nice but it means that you can do what I can achieve in v5 but a couple of nano seconds faster.
Icons really? What a waste of real estate. I like visual clues as much as anyone, I just use colours and with the script I can colour tracks with a couple of clicks. But then it wasn't PreSonus that gave us that, it was clever and dedicated users who did it for free.
And the vocoder, try the Cherry Audio one, now that is powerful and they don't charge an arm and a leg.

As someone above said I am not going to stop using v5 and find another. It does what I need to do.
So I think, not that anyone cares a sh!t, I am quite happy. I have saved $261.07, some are happy with what they got.

I think that PreSonus/fender will not be happy because I predict their greedy grab will not work and are copping a bit of flak from a very underwhelming release.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:01 am
peterbirch wroteIt seems that the only people who are praising parts of it are those trying to justify the money they spent on it.
Like "I like the track presets" nice but it means that you can do what I can achieve in v5 but a couple of nano seconds faster.

Can you to explain how it's only a couple of nano seconds? AND could you save sends too? I don't think so. In fact, I went back and tried a few of the things you said could be done in nano seconds, I sure as heck can't. Also in fact, I didn't use track presets in 5/back because it didn't do it right.

But hey, were all just fan boi's that like it :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by JohnBW on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:56 am
The thing about s1 v6 that really matters the most to me is getting ongoing bug fixes and updates, regardless of any value that I may or may not find in the advertised new features. Support is a feature too!

S1 v5.5.2 is forever frozen in time now...

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Lokeyfly on Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:58 pm
Everyone will have their reasons for utilizing the upgrade. If it's error free out if the gate, I might opt to grab it sooner than expected like in a few weeks, project permitting. I won't need any of these newer plugins because I have the dynamic EQ's and de-esser in several excellent alternatives (Waves, Fabfilter, Izotope, Melda).

The Vocoder to me has never been an alternative. It's like having a ring modulator from the 70's. There's just an awful consistant sound that eminates from the thing that holds no place except wanting to hear really bad ring modulation. Awful. But hey, it's new kiddy crack, so Presonus had to jump on it.

Fader flip already happens on my Faderport 8 so no biggie there, though it would be an aid for laptop portability, or mouse direct usage.

I may upgrade on the error free item alone, though I don't condone being error free as a purchase. The onus is on the manufacturer to be as error free as possible to have a successful product out of the gate. We know that can't always happen, and recalls exist. Only consumers don't pay for recalls. What a consumer expects is a better product from a next edition, and that might be the case here. A Studio One that is tightly integrated has its place. However, let's see. So far, I hear no reports of wonky EQ HP/LP filter redraws or stuck notes in the instrumemt editor. This is currently happening in v5.5.2.
If Presonus have fixed these items, they should have released a 5.5.3 to close out version 5. Only it may not have been possible due to conflicting work on a new major release. That can and does happen. I fullly understand coming from an engineering background.

I haven't seen release notes yet, so I'm running on good faith. :) One can remain optimistic.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:08 am
Lokeyfly wroteEveryone will have their reasons for utilizing the upgrade. If it's error free out if the gate, I might opt to grab it sooner than expected like in a few weeks, project permitting.

First release never is, and that goes for most software. I never expect it be either, hence I wait as well. Tend to wait for the third patch (assuming it has good reviews).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:00 am
Well, I'm surprised that the "auto song" wasn't introduced. But, that vocoder is part of the picture! I hope it does something interesting unlike the "reason studios" one that is, worthless imo. (well, I didn't pay for it, but yeah) Pretty far down my list of things to use.

by PreAl on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:25 am
Indeed, those who have expected studio one to become sentient upon this release must be very disappointed.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:31 am
It's just as well, I'm really not interested in becoming a borg drone ;)

by Lokeyfly on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:06 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
peterbirch wroteIt seems that the only people who are praising parts of it are those trying to justify the money they spent on it.

Can you to explain how it's only a couple of nano seconds? AND could you save sends too? I don't think so. In fact, I went back and tried a few of the things you said could be done in nano seconds, I sure as heck can't. Also in fact, I didn't use track presets in 5/back because it didn't do it right.

How did you go back to try a few things? You have Sphere. You went from S1v5 to S1v6. You can run both? Didn't think that was possible.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by aaron79 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:12 am
Quite like some of the update but the main things I was looking for haven't been updated. (Mainly around workflow) So I'm off to cubase. (Not that anyone cares)

Sad to see S1 go, 3 years of use and I like a lot about it, but cubase does things in ways that are quicker for my workflow. If updates come along that improve it I'll jump back on sphere.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:43 am
Lokeyfly wrote
reggie1979beatz wrote

How did you go back to try a few things? You have Sphere. You went from S1v5 to S1v6. You can run both? Didn't think that was possible.

Funny, because you said yourself that I'd be able to do that when I asked before ;) But yes, I have both installed.

Anyways, what difference does it make? I mean this "oh reggie doesn't know what he's talking about" thing is like you climbing all over me all the time. IT'S OLD! Honestly, you don't like me, so bugger off.

by Lokeyfly on Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:15 pm
@reggie1979beatz:
Sorry if I misinformed you. I didn't mean that comment for Sphere users who I'll guess can't use both versions.

Oh, you have version 5 and 6 that you can compare from be it Sphere or whatever. Just trying to understand the possibilities of user access if I ever opt to try Sphere. I still dont quite understand how Sphere works but thanks.

FYI, comparing S1.X vs S1.X was brought to my attention by someone else assisting with a good solution.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:48 pm
PreAl wrote
Lokeyfly wroteEveryone will have their reasons for utilizing the upgrade. If it's error free out if the gate, I might opt to grab it sooner than expected like in a few weeks, project permitting.

First release never is, and that goes for most software. I never expect it be either, hence I wait as well. Tend to wait for the third patch (assuming it has good reviews).

Version 6 seems to be issue free so far. Though I haven't read too many posts, I haven't heard any problems as yet.

Still, I'll wait until the coast is clear. Always do.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jalcide on Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 am
I upgraded. No issues with CPU/playback on a complex project -- which was appreciated.

The dual pan is handy as a broadband mono-izer. I used it on a channel that needed some width reduction, to give it its own space in the mix. It was nice not having to instantiate a bloated plugin for that.

The Lyrics feature is a lot nicer than I thought it would be! The Lyrics window will highlight the individual words and phrases, to exact precision, as the song plays (after manually editing them to do so, of course). The lyrics font can be bumped up, text centered, and window resized so that it can be viewed at a distance. Very useful for producers that work with singers trying to learn a vocal arrangement.

There's a way to have the lyrics highlight ahead of its set position, but not the other way around.
It would be nice if there were a manual "delay" in milliseconds for the lyrics to stay in sync with any external chain post-processing latency (a signal that doesn't loop back into the DAW).

174 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9