3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have 3 external synths. In case in matters, they are Moog Minitaur, Studio Electronics SE-1X and Vermona PERfourMER.

The Minitaur and PERfourMER are working fine except I'm hearing the audio twice. After setting up the external instruments, I played each to test and could hear the audio. Following along to a video, I realized I needed to set up the aux tracks and did so. But now I'm hearing duplicate sources of the audio. I assume one from the aux track and the other source that I could hear before setting up the aux. What might I need to deactivate to fix this? Maybe remove the external inputs I setup a long while back?

Secondly, I'm missing something with the SE-1X. I can see MIDI activity on my MIDI interface, but not on the SE-1X. And thus no audio either. Both the synth and external instrument setup are set to channel 15. The synth is connected to output 3 of the MIDI interface which I can see activity on. But the MIDI signal is not getting to the synth. What else should I be checking?

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Jemusic on Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:50 pm
Can you show a picture of how you have set your external instruments up.

When you create an Instrument track, try selecting the input source as the controller you are using rather than ALL INPUTS (which is the default) That can sometimes create the double notes when ALL INPUTS is selected.

Can you turn off the Aux track and try and find the other audio source.

Have you got your three synths connected to its own midi port on your midi interface. What is your midi interface? If you are providing a midi port for each synth then you set them all to channel 1 as well. Are you sending on channel 15 for the one that is not sounding.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by BezowinZ on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:19 am
Jemusic wroteCan you show a picture of how you have set your external instruments up.

When you create an Instrument track, try selecting the input source as the controller you are using rather than ALL INPUTS (which is the default) That can sometimes create the double notes when ALL INPUTS is selected.

Can you turn off the Aux track and try and find the other audio source.

Have you got your three synths connected to its own midi port on your midi interface. What is your midi interface? If you are providing a midi port for each synth then you set them all to channel 1 as well. Are you sending on channel 15 for the one that is not sounding.

I will be out of town for a few days and will post a screen shot when I return.

Ahh, they may be receiving from all inputs. I will check that.

I have external inputs set up for each of the 8 analog inputs of my audio interface. I can see activity on 2 of those meters when playing the 2 synths that are sending audio.

Each instrument is connected to its own port on a MOTU MIDI Express XT. Each is set to receive on a separate channel; Minitaur channel 7, SE-1X channel 15, PERfourMER channel 16.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT

3 posts
Page 1 of 1