1 post
Page 1 of 1
Here's a topic I've raised to tech support, but we're having trouble reproducing it. I'm curious if anyone else sees the same behavior I do.

The problem is that when I export multiple formats at once, the MP3 setting can switch to Constant bitrate even if Variable bitrate is selected. It doesn't always happen, depending on what you do in the Digital Release dialog before exporting.

To reproduce:
1) Select Digital Release and export to MP3 (only), selecting Variable bitrate with Quality value 80%.
2) Save, Close, and Open the Project. (Not certain this is needed, but we need the Digital Release MP3 settings to default to the values from the previous step.)
3) Select Digital Release and confirm that MP3 is still set to Variable bitrate with Quality 80%. DO NOT click any MP3 widget or alter the MP3 check.
4) Check FLAC File, leaving MP3 File checked but otherwise unaltered. (Not sure if problem is related specifically to the FLAC File format, but that's the other format I use.)
5) Export.

For me, the file generate from step 2 is VBR, but the MP3 file exported in step 5 is CBR, even though the dialog showed it set to Variable bit rate. It's easy to work around by unchecking and re-checking the MP3 tab, but I don't always remember to do that.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Studio One 5.5.2.86528

Windows 11 Pro
64GB RAM, Intel Core i9 10850K
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Quantum 2626, 2m StarTech TB cable

1 post
Page 1 of 1