10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I tried the chord track with ample guitar and it sounds weird. Here are the screenshots:

s1-01.JPG

s1-02.JPG

The first one is original and the second one is chord track applied. The original sound is just a normal acoustic guitar sound. But, when the chord track is applied, it added slide and sounds very messy.

Thus, I'm wondering if the chord track is good for just chords, but not arp or melody.

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by Tacman7 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:32 pm
Ah! a clue!

It added slides would be that you played a slide keyswitch maybe.

There's a pdf download that lists the keyswitches:
http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

D# 0 and E0 are slide keyswitches.

Or if you can turn them off, also the range on the guitar is more limited, you want to only play notes that sound.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Nothingness on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:41 pm
Tacman7 wroteAh! a clue!

It added slides would be that you played a slide keyswitch maybe.

There's a pdf download that lists the keyswitches:
http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

D# 0 and E0 are slide keyswitches.

Or if you can turn them off, also the range on the guitar is more limited, you want to only play notes that sound.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I found there is a keyswitch note and I deleted it, and it sounds better. The messy slide sound has gone, but the entire sound is still not right.
Is there a better way to change the guitar chords?

Studio One 6.5 Pro Latest ver/ Lenovo Legion 5 laptop/ AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz/ Installed RAM: 40.0 GB (39.4 GB usable) / System type: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64-bit / GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 / C drive: SSD 512GB / D drive: SSD 2TB (int) / P drive: SSD 4TB (ext) / N drive: HDD 3TB 5400 rpm (ext) / Speakers: Presonus Eris 4.5 / Headphone: AudioTechnica ATH-M50x / Interface: Presonus Audiobox96 / Microphone: AKG P120 / Midi Keyboard: Korg MicroKey 37 / OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Portable Speaker
by Tacman7 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:01 pm
Is this the instrument you have?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsUKUYTJxE0
Look at time around 3 and a half minutes in.

Most of them have some sort of strumming, usually the midi notes would be just 1 whole note chord per measure.

Or you want arpeggios written to the track?

Do you record your keyboard playing to trigger the guitar sounds?

I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by Nothingness on Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 am
Tacman7 wroteIs this the instrument you have?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsUKUYTJxE0
Look at time around 3 and a half minutes in.

Most of them have some sort of strumming, usually the midi notes would be just 1 whole note chord per measure.

Or you want arpeggios written to the track?

Do you record your keyboard playing to trigger the guitar sounds?

I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly.

My apologies for that. It's hard to describe, so I video tapped for reference. Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/9GeKpx3EwRU

As you can see, the original sound totally fine, but it's messed up when the chord track is applied. Thus, I'd like to find the better way to change the chord. I also used the macro, but it also didn't work properly.

What I want is like this:
https://youtu.be/eI9roydvXsI

From 11:30 in this video, he shows how to change the chords, but Studio One seems not having the function. But I believe there must be a way.
Hope it helps this time.

by Tacman7 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:40 am
So he made one bar in C then used the chord track to transpose it.

I just select stuff and transpose it then adjust if needed. There's a transpose in the right click menu.

The way I would try:
So he's sitting on a C chord so he clicks the C chord inside the plugin the rolls the dice to generate midi.

So what it generates should be in the right chord. So the generated midi is used as is and not follow.

Move to measure two and do the same thing but put in the new chord into the plugin. So custom generate each bar.

In the video there is a lot of audio artifacts, that happened because you're recording video? Or it's always like that?

That's the sound of not quite enough processing to do the job.

Forum Moderator.

by Nothingness on Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:46 am
Tacman7 wroteSo what it generates should be in the right chord. So the generated midi is used as is and not follow.

What do you mean "not follow"? Following Chord Track? Or something else? I'm grateful what you explain, but I have no idea how to do that as I'm not good at the music theory. That's why I've been looking for the easy way. Is there any way to do it in Studio One like he did in Cubase?

My apologies for the artifacts. It was my first time to record the DAW and there were many problems. I spent a day to solve it and it works fine now. Next time I record it, everything will be fine.

by Tacman7 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:29 am
It's very hard to record video and run a DAW on the same machine.

Ya the chord track. It doesn't fit into my workflow so I haven't used it much.

If I'm trying some simple chord changes I select all the midi I want to change and right click and transpose to take it down 2 half steps etc. If after you do that you have a problem then you adjust as needed to sound right. Just start dragging notes around where it sounds wrong and see if you can get it to sound better. How's that for music theory?

I really like plugins that generate midi. Instacomposer, Scalar, EZkeys, EZbass, Mdrummer, etc.
I use those to generate chord progressions then orchestrate the tracks.

Another aspect is the sound library usage, setting up sound variations to select the keyswitches so you can make solos that sound real etc.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... variations

Forum Moderator.

by Nothingness on Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 pm
Tacman7 wroteIt's very hard to record video and run a DAW on the same machine.

If I'm trying some simple chord changes I select all the midi I want to change and right click and transpose to take it down 2 half steps etc. If after you do that you have a problem then you adjust as needed to sound right. Just start dragging notes around where it sounds wrong and see if you can get it to sound better. How's that for music theory?

I really like plugins that generate midi. Instacomposer, Scalar, EZkeys, EZbass, Mdrummer, etc.

Another aspect is the sound library usage, setting up sound variations to select the keyswitches so you can make solos that sound real etc.

I agree with you. Especially, Scaler is really helpful even though it doesn't generate the proper guitar arpeggio.
I'll try your method and will tell you the result if it works. Thank you!

by Nothingness on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:36 am
Tacman7 wroteIt's very hard to record video and run a DAW on the same machine.

Hi, I just found the solution. Actually, the key-switch of Ample Guitar was changed even though I deleted the key-switches. I forgot to put it back.
Now, the Chord Track works perfectly!!

10 posts
Page 1 of 1