9 posts
Page 1 of 1
A couple of questions...

How to save Timebase = Beat Linear as default or with a template? It saves with a song, but not templates. So I have to change it every song. What am I missing?

Secondly, is it possible to freeze the playhead at the loop start / bar with a tempo change? If I'm experimenting with different tempos or slowing the tempo to record a difficult part, the playhead moves with the time rather than sticking with the loop start / bar.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, iMac, OS 10.14.6
2.8GHz 4-Core i7, 16GB RAM, MBP, OS 12.6
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Tacman7 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:14 pm
BezowinZ wrote
How to save Timebase = Beat Linear as default or with a template? It saves with a song, but not templates. So I have to change it every song.

That's what happened when I tried it. There is a keyboard shortcut called View - Toggle Time Linear Display.

Don't know if you've seen this:
https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... e-settings

BezowinZ wroteSecondly, is it possible to freeze the playhead at the loop start / bar with a tempo change? If I'm experimenting with different tempos or slowing the tempo to record a difficult part, the playhead moves with the time rather than sticking with the loop start / bar.

Not sure what you're after here, if the loop is lit the cursor will stay between the loop markers.
You want different timelines for different tracks? You just have to duplicate as many as you need.
One track can't loop by itself.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by BezowinZ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:59 am
Tacman7 wroteThat's what happened when I tried it. There is a keyboard shortcut called View - Toggle Time Linear Display.

Don't know if you've seen this:
https://marcus-huyskens-music.com/mh-mu ... e-settings
I'll check the menu for the shortcut. Thanks.

Tacman7 wroteNot sure what you're after here, if the loop is lit the cursor will stay between the loop markers.
You want different timelines for different tracks? You just have to duplicate as many as you need.
One track can't loop by itself.
Yeah, I almost always have a hard time here getting folks to understand what I'm asking. But I'm just looking for the playhead to stay at the beginning of a loop when I change the tempo. Not automating tempo changes. Just manually changing the tempo to make it easier to record a part, for example. Instead, the playhead sticks with the time location, and I have to relocate the playhead to the beginning of the loop.

For example, I have bars 4-8 looped. Bar 4 is at the 20 second mark. I slow the tempo. The playhead is now a few beats ahead of my loop, at the 20 second location, instead of at the beginning of my loop at the bar 4. I relocate the playhead and record the part. I change the tempo back, have to relocate the playhead again, and play the loop to hear what I just recorded.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Tacman7 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:51 am
That sounds like a good use for markers, I mainly use the 0 key on the num pad to go back to the last place the song started.

You place a marker and you can go to that spot with a keystroke.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Mixing_T ... _Track.htm?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by BezowinZ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:56 am
Tacman7 wroteThat sounds like a good use for markers, I mainly use the 0 key on the num pad to go back to the last place the song started.

You place a marker and you can go to that spot with a keystroke.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Mixing_T ... _Track.htm?

I use the shortcut for moving the playhead to start of loop. Works fine except I see it as an unnecessary step.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the playhead stick with bar location when using Beat-Linear? Seems like those things go together to me.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Tacman7 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:14 am
Paste a link to your feature request here, you need people to vote for it!

Forum Moderator.

by BezowinZ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 am

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT
by Lokeyfly on Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:57 am
BezowinZ wrote: Wouldn't it be nice to have the playhead stick with bar location when using Beat-Linear? Seems like those things go together to me.

They'll always be some form if extra steps. Particularly when trying to create less steps. ;)

Try adding markers at the beginning of changes such as Chorus1, Verse2 with simple numbered markers. Selecting a marker will always be 2 higher on the keypad than the marker number itself.

Forget 0, 1, and 2. They will always be for beginning, loop start, and loop end (or setting up 0 twice for previous start point, then to zero time). Use the loop as you see fit, by choosing 1 or 2 as needed.

LOk, for other marker positioning, let's say you want to more times than not, go to Chorus1 and it's marker #6. This due to markers 2, 3, and 4 are Intro, Verse, and Chorus, respectively. You would always select 8 on the keypad. That will place your playhead on marker 6, always. 6 will shift in time because if you altered the tempo earlier in time, the songs timing and sections will shift as well.

The solution here is to select 1 key to postion at any marker. To set it up no more than 15 seconds for the whole song.
The results are then instant playhead positioning via the numerical keypad.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by BezowinZ on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:04 am
Lokeyfly wroteThey'll always be some form if extra steps. Particularly when trying to create less steps. ;)
If they synced the playhead to bars when using Beat-Linear, there'd be no extra steps for the user. If they provided an option to sync these, there'd be a one-time extra step for the user.

Lokeyfly wroteTry adding markers at the beginning of changes such as Chorus1, Verse2 with simple numbered markers. Selecting a marker will always be 2 higher on the keypad than the marker number itself.

Forget 0, 1, and 2. They will always be for beginning, loop start, and loop end (or setting up 0 twice for previous start point, then to zero time). Use the loop as you see fit, by choosing 1 or 2 as needed.

LOk, for other marker positioning, let's say you want to more times than not, go to Chorus1 and it's marker #6. This due to markers 2, 3, and 4 are Intro, Verse, and Chorus, respectively. You would always select 8 on the keypad. That will place your playhead on marker 6, always. 6 will shift in time because if you altered the tempo earlier in time, the songs timing and sections will shift as well.

The solution here is to select 1 key to postion at any marker. To set it up no more than 15 seconds for the whole song.
The results are then instant playhead positioning via the numerical keypad.

I'm familiar with markers. I didn't like them when I tried them. I'll check again, but markers don't select sections or enable the loop. So they're not as useful to me. The combination of sync selection to loop and loop start, when necessary, works better for me.

Studio One 5.5.2 Pro
Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt
MOTU MIDI Express XT

9 posts
Page 1 of 1