1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hey, stumbled across a new issue (for me)...I'm using the new Scuffman Amps S-Gear amp sim which has recently been updated to v3. I seem to be having render/ bounce to new track issues with my guitar rhythm track where S-Gear is inserted. Inside my DAW, as I play the song, no problem....the S-Gear track sounds fine. However, when I try to bounce that track to a new track (so I can remove S-Gear and free up CPU etc), or when I mixdown the song...now the S-Gear track has all this noise on it.

So, apparently somewhere along the line at render/ bounce...the otherwise clean sounding guitar is rendering with noise. Does anyone with more experience with me have any idea what may be going on?

EDIT: More testing shows that this only happens with one preset...it's a preset that one of the forum members at S-Gear gave me the other day. I tried other S-Gear presets and there's no issue. It only happens with the preset I was sent. Weird...coz the preset plays fine in the DAW in real time. But any render/ mixdown or bounce to new track and the signal has lots of noise on it. I was thinking maybe he's on a Mac computer and I'm on Windows or something?? I can't work it out. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: I THINK I worked out the problem. When I recorded the guitar track I did so at 512 samples to reduce latency. When I tried to render/ bounce I was doing so at 1024 samples. I just bounced with the RME Fireface set to 512 samples and it was all good. Mad, I don't remember that being an issue before.

Thanks

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II

1 post
Page 1 of 1