3 posts
Page 1 of 1
it. Both yesterday and today.

I'm watching YouTube tutorials on my iPad, but I think this question is likely too basic.

So am I supposed to have StudioOne 5 residing on my MacBook, or am I stuck downloading it each time. It's been close to a year since I've fooled with this.

Thanks, David

Apple MacBook Pro 2.2Hz Quad-core i7
Presonus 1810c Studio 5.5
Yamaha N1X piano / Yamaha Reface DX / Yamaha Reface CP
Assortment of hand drums
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:08 pm
It should recede on your local drive (if that's where you installed S1 initially) but it may want to download further components and/or updates as you go along. Some of these components (instruments, loop libraries) can be several GB in size so give it time.

If this keeps perstering you then consider a complete uninstall and start anew.
by roland1 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:33 pm
Just to add to this - yes, S1 must reside on the same drive as your operating system to function as intended. After installation, it will urge you to install all of the soundsets, manuals, plugins and other things that will make this a complete install.

There is a lot of content and I would advise you to get acquainted with the DAW/app a little bit before you go nuts with accessories; too many choices often leads to no decisions being made.

I would suggest signing up with Groove 3 for a month and watch those videos that will help you get started and set up.

Or, you can do what I did. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1