83 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
reggie1979beatz wroteOh yeah, and again, everything works in Reason 12 (not VST3)

I know there is some kinda filter, I remember it showing up once. Something along the lines of "only show VST3 versions. I have no idea now how to find it :roll:

Well - there is one more area to check. There are two additional "areas" running along the left bottom of the Plugin Manager window - one is called "Turn Plugin Formats On and Off".

Click on that and click through the warning and check and see if the VST 2.4 Plugin Support Service is enabled (or disabled).

If the services are all good - then I am out of ideas :)

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:29 pm
Good suggestions, but yeah I tried that. It's cool, if the VST 2.4 worked I'd just use that.

The only reason I started this thread is because of the ATOM SQ thread that others responded in. Clearly it is not an SQ thing as TS were able to reproduce.

(giggles) man, there is SO MUCH else with Arturia collection 8 to play with that DOES work :D I'll wait and see if Arturia ever responds, but for now I'm trouble-shooting overwhelmed. :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by Jemusic on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:16 pm
I can confirm this is an issue. With VST 3 and also VST 2 anyway. You can go into your preferences/advanced and switch off VST3 support and then your VST2 plugins will show up.

Even with VST2 I was able to link an encoder on my controller to one of the edit controls and it was all working eg moving the control but no sound changes. Moving the control with the mouse directly on the plugin works fine.

Sounds like it maybe a Arturia/Studio One thing.

I just noticed all their plugins have been updated. Try updating all of them and see what happens again. I will do this and report back.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Yeah, I'm already updated, but thanks for checking :)

Presonus has confirmed this as well, but I STILL haven't heard from Arturia. If I don't hear from them by noon tomorrow I'll send another request. I'd recommend that anyone with this issue send a ticket. The more the merrier.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 am
I didn't wait until noon :lol:

Submitted another ticket in hopes that we can get on the case.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am
The original ticket is "finally" answered :) I'm working with them now.

by Lokeyfly on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:06 pm
Jemusic wrote........I just noticed all their plugins have been updated. Try updating all of them and see what happens again. I will do this and report back.

Yes, in my findings as well, Arturia notified me with updates for most of my V instruments, Key Lab, and Analog Lab.

Though I had no issues before or after the updates. Still, there's evidently something amuk with VST2 & 3. My controllers all worked though the supplied link suggested there might be a controller issue.

I take it, its more of a VST thing with Arturia. Its difficult to suggest anything when everything is working on this end. Out if my hands at this point. :|

Good the ball is in Arturia's court. I'll look for news updates.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:14 pm
Just remember (if for any reason you didn't notice) that there is NO problem linking the AL control to a controller in studio one. The problem is that it has no effect on the sound. So in example there is a reverb setting on the front of AL, but if you move it with the controller, the sound doesn't change.

by Lokeyfly on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:57 pm
Yes, no controller issues by use of the controllers sounding or modifying things.

reggie1979beatz wrote ........there is SO MUCH else with Arturia collection 8 to play with that DOES work :D I'll wait and see if Arturia ever responds, but for now I'm trouble-shooting overwhelmed. :lol:

What Arturia collection 8 are you using exactly? V Collection 8? Anolog Lab 5? Or other collection? I missed that. The subjects states Analog Lab.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:39 pm
Yeah, collection 8. What I meant was, since this isn't controllable right now, I have SO MUCH others to choose from that do work :)

by Lokeyfly on Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:14 pm
Gocha.yeah, the V collection is like a dream come true for me. Thanks for chasing .......

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am
Lolz, they can't reproduce it.

Of course. Well, I'm absolutely sick of testing and trying to troubleshoot issues (downloads from Presonus, AL, IK controller issues, F it. I'm done.

by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:48 am
reggie1979beatz wroteLolz, they can't reproduce it.

Of course. Well, I'm absolutely sick of testing and trying to troubleshoot issues (downloads from Presonus, AL, IK controller issues, F it. I'm done.

You have the right attitude in trying Reggie. Sometimes it's just best to let the thread ferment a little. People here now know about it now. Someone like Jemusic or others might see a related issue and then it may be Arturia [or respective mfr] that have to proof out the problem.

Anyway, just follow the path of least resistance and go to the creative side [Luke?]. The issue will work itself out.

Even when I follow that small piece of advice, something like a stupid iLok failure causing a plugin to not show in Studio One (but not PT or Reaper), or Waves Central bull will crop up at the least inopportune time. I've eliminated most outside underused pluggins except the ones that are truly musical or result in absolute best quality. That might not work for some, and I wouldn't give a rats.... you get the idea. It works when the project dictates it to work. The rest is nonsense.

If the subject comes up, or solution found, I won't hesitate to ring the bell.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by JohnBW on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:31 pm
Just curious. I have a KeyLab MKII and I tried to reproduce this issue using my KeyLab in "Analog Lab Mode", while moving the controller knobs the plugin knobs moved and the sound changed OK in the plugin.

Using the latest VST3 version of Analog Lab V, and Studio One 5.5.2 Pro on Windows 10.

Am I possibly overlooking something, or are there any other detailed steps to reproduce this?
I noticed that if I switch my KeyLab II over to Studio One "DAW mode", that the controller knobs and faders take over the DAW control surface for mixer channel volume & pan etc.And then switching back to "Analog Lab" mode gives me back control over the plugin.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:02 pm
You are almost certainly not overlooking anything. Lokeyfly, the Arturia dude and you are three cases where you could not reproduce.

Like I said, I'm personally over it. I don't need this to work to make music and I'm putting it in others hands (I gave both Presonus/Arturia each others names respectively as one could, and one could not)

I have zero percent answer to what the problem could be, but enough of use have consistently reproduced the issue that it should be a concern. I'll talk here but I'm not "beta testing" anything else :lol: Nope, no more files (that OF COURSE they cannot open :roll: ), no more NFO files, no more of anything other than blabbing here :punk:

It's not just this, I had 5 open tickets for issues (not just presonus/arturia) and the run-around just made me pack it in. It's just not worth it.

by JohnBW on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteYou are almost certainly not overlooking anything. Lokeyfly, the Arturia dude and you are three cases where you could not reproduce.

I wonder if the issue is specific to non-Arturia controllers? I don't have another controller hooked up at the moment to test this theory with. Because in my experience, the Arturia plugins are natively mated to their controllers. Although you can set up Analog Lab with a "generic" MIDI controller profile in the AL settings.

by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
@ JohnBW, sounds like your Keylab and Analog Lab are working fine. Thanks for responding! It really indeed helps when feedback either reinforces an issue, or helps understand if it's isolated to a few or one.

Not sure how to define the problem myself.

Though, I did try several controllers and.they all worked, mapped, encoders functioned via Analog Lab, V collection, DAW functiinality, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by JohnBW on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 pm
Lokeyfly wrote@ JohnBW, sounds like your Keylab and Analog Lab are working fine. Thanks for responding! It really indeed helps when feedback either reinforces an issue, or helps understand if it's isolated to a few or one.

Sorry that it wasn't more helpful. The "Attention all Analog Lab Users" headline grabbed my attention.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but the Arturia controller has 2 discrete modes, Analog Lab or DAW mode. I wonder if the issues might be caused by 3rd party controller mappings that are not "staying in their lanes", so to speak? That might be confusing Analog Lab or creating some conflict in Studio One?

by Jemusic on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:55 pm
I have also had an idea. Try running Analog Lab V in stand alone mode. ie not inside Studio One. Then as per the manual try mapping a controller encoder to one of the parameters and see if that works. That will rule out Studio One if it still does not work. But if it does work then it means Studio One may be the reason the sounds are not changing.

I am not at my computer so cannot do this right now. I will when I can and report back.

Update Yes it all works great in stand alone mode. VST3 as well. It is super easy to map an encoder on the controller to any one of those editing controls and it all works fully. So Studio One is not allowing the sounds to be changed. I will start doing some detective work maybe to find the reason.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:07 am
Thanks for that J, I'll check it out later (just woke up :lol: )

83 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5