83 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I noticed this thread in the Atom SQ section: viewtopic.php?f=408&t=45562

This happens regardless of the controller here so I wanted to start this thread and see if it's as prevalent as I suspect.

Try any AL control, assign it to midi controller x, and see if this persists. I'm about to go to the gym, when I get back I'll open tickets here and at Arturia. My guess it's an Arturia problem, we'll see.

So far I have not run into this problem with other Arturia VI's.
Last edited by reggie1979beatz on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bye......:roll:
by Lokeyfly on Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:33 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI noticed this thread in the Atom SQ section: viewtopic.php?f=408&t=45562

This happens regardless of the controller here so I wanted to start this thread and see if it's as prevalent as I suspect.

Try any AL control, assign it to midi controller x, and see if this persists. I'm about to go to the gym, when I get back I'll open tickets here and at Arturia. My guess it's an Arturia problem, we'll see.

So far I have not run into this problem with other Arturia VI's.

Thanks for the heads up Reggie. I'll check later with AnoLab 4, 5 and V Instruments on my Keylab MkII. I used it all day yesterday and didn't notice any mapping issues. Still, I'll check again in case I missed something.

That post even though one year old has a few recent findings with the same issue. I'm wondering if at times the mapping loses focus due to something slected, or changed. It has happened to me on rare occasion and I forget how I got it back. Sorry, I'm locked in trying to finalize a project but I never mind checking something quick and easy which this should be.
Talk later.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:28 am
Tickets submitted.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:41 am
Somehow I always forget to check Reason 12. The VST 2.4 works perfectly there, so not sure what the deal is.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:42 pm
So, only my VST3's show up right now in Studio One. What is the procedure for having the VST 2.4's show up in Studio One as well?

by PreAl on Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:32 pm
Folder path set correctly for VST2?
Check to see if VST service is turned on.
You may want to reset the blacklist or whatever and force a new scan.
Maybe you've got a filter on that only shows VST3's.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 pm
Yeah, I think it's a filter, but I'll be damned if I know what to do :roll:

All the paths and such are good, no blacklists.

by Lokeyfly on Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:41 am
Ano Lab working fine here. Both through my 4 controllers (which I'm not sure why I still have other than sometimes they're like ski's. You put different ones on based on conditions). Its also working fine through the Fadrerport 8 and original FP.

Reset the blacklist or the plugin manager (which is usually the more effective of the two) to force a rescan at startup.

As I mentioned before, one time I was screwing around with creating new maps on my Keylab MKII, and I lost control over Anolog Lab. Even when switching it on at the selection button on the unit. I thought maybe I had switched to some other preset bank but that didn't help either. So I ended up doing the drastic maneuver and re installed the Arturia Keylab MkII driver over again.

I do recall about one year ago, Anolab and V Instruments was periodically not sounding through my Windows audio, but worked fine through the audio interface. It hasn't crept back in, but it was possibly around the time of the link you posted.
It simply came back on its own. Go figure.

=reggie1979beatz"]Somehow I always forget to check Reason 12. The VST 2.4 works perfectly there, so not sure what the deal is.
I think the Arturia Ano Lab issue is isolated.
It's just a hunch but when I came across this Arturia quirkiness about one year ago, my other VST2, 3, 4 etc. all worked fine from other sources. It was only the Arturia Lab and V that was acting up with either the no sound, or separate Keylab mapping issue. I just can't pinpoint what I did other than curse the MIDI God's and grapple with a driver re install.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:23 am
The takeaway for me is:

-VST3
-Studio One (though I'd like to see some people trying it in other hosts

No response from Arturia yet. Presonus was able to reproduce the result, but they say it's almost certainly the VST end (which makes sense)

I have nothing blacklisted.

by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:27 am
Also, checking the plugin manager, there isn't anything I can find to get the VST 2.4 stuff to show in Studio One. No matter what I try it only shows the VST3 stuff. I remember there being a filter of some kind that changes this but so far I've had no luck finding the info.

by Vocalpoint on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:25 am
reggie1979beatz wroteAlso, checking the plugin manager, there isn't anything I can find to get the VST 2.4 stuff to show in Studio One. No matter what I try it only shows the VST3 stuff. I remember there being a filter of some kind that changes this but so far I've had no luck finding the info.

Do you even have the VST2's installed?

I found this out the hard way when trying use Arturia stuff with Komplete Kontrol. It only works (currently) with VST2. Had to redo ALL my Arturia installs.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:10 am
The solution to getting the VST 2.4 to show up was given by support, move the vst3 to the desktop and then S1 will scan the VST 2.4.

And..... (drumroll) ..... It's the same problem :roll:

So, an update to the post I made earlier: Both VST 2.4 and VST3 have the same behavior in S1, but the VST 2.4 works perfectly in Reason 12.

Support now has the problem listed as "reported" so that's something :)

STILL no reply from Arturia :roll: I guess TS isn't as efficient as their sales support.

by Vocalpoint on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:25 am
reggie1979beatz wroteThe solution to getting the VST 2.4 to show up was given by support, move the vst3 to the desktop and then S1 will scan the VST 2.4.

This does not make a lot of sense. Moving VST3s should not suddenly cause S1 to scan VST2 (if it hadn't before). VST3's are installed into an industry standard location so I would not be moving them for any reason.

You should really check your specific VST Plugin folder settings in S1 and make sure you are actually scanning ALL the possible plugin locations that are our there.

In my experience - especially say within the last 2-3 years - I have noticed that vendor plugins are starting to put themselves wherever they feel like during install resulting in some very strange plugin locations vs say how it used to be years ago - where everything generally installed to a psuedo-Steinberg standard which was something like:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins

To combat this wild west approach here - I manually redirect ALL plugin installs into very specific folders that I designate as my main plugin folders. And then I set these specific locations to be scanned by S1.

Reggie - suggest you first check that your S1 is indeed set to scan the right folders (Studio One->Options->Locations->VST Plugins)

Then (once you determine all your locations are correct) - I suggest you go to View->Plugin Manager and then click Remove Plug-in Settings.

This will nuke your entire plugin database and force S1 to do a complete deep rescan of all plugins in all your designated locations - which should put everything into in view.

If your Arturia VST2's are still not visible after this hard reset process - there is definitely something more obscure going on here.

I have seen S1 lose scope on plugins for no apparent reason several times in the past and doing this massive purge and rest always fixes any odditities.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:57 am
The VST 2.4 versions are already installed, Studio One for some reason will only scan the VST 3 versions if installed. I'm not sure what doesn't make sense, it worked exactly as Presonus support instructed.

by Vocalpoint on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:00 am
reggie1979beatz wroteThe VST 2.4 versions are already installed, Studio One for some reason will only scan the VST 3 versions if installed. I'm not sure what doesn't make sense, it worked exactly as Presonus support instructed.

What doesn't make sense is why you need to move anything - both flavours of plugins should appear normally as is the case here.

I did not have to move anything to get both Arturia VST2 and VST3 to show up - they just do.

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:05 am
I get that, but that is what support said to do. As far as the filter that filters out the 2.4 versions (I'm certain that that is what the problem is) is illusive to me.

by Vocalpoint on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:19 am
reggie1979beatz wroteI get that, but that is what support said to do. As far as the filter that filters out the 2.4 versions (I'm certain that that is what the problem is) is illusive to me.

It's most likely something within Plug-In Manager - there are a series of "dot" indicators running down the left side of the main plugin list. If a dot is "illuminated" - that plugin will show via the S1 Instruments are in the Browser. If not lit up - the plugin will not show within S1.

I have a truckload of my (non-purchased) UAD plugins set to not show in S1 - so I do not have to scroll through a ton of stuff I am not authorized to use.

Check that area (after a rescan by clicking Update Plug-in List) and make sure that the Arturia VST2s are set to show.

Cheers

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:25 am
They do not show up in the plug in manger :?

by Vocalpoint on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:26 am
reggie1979beatz wroteThey do not show up in the plug in manger :?

Do have all Plugin Types selected in Plugin Manager (Upper left Filter->Type) You can check/unchecked VST2 and VST3 there.?

VP

by reggie1979beatz on Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:34 am
Oh yeah, and again, everything works in Reason 12 (not VST3)

I know there is some kinda filter, I remember it showing up once. Something along the lines of "only show VST3 versions. I have no idea now how to find it :roll:

83 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5