83 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Well, still no luck yet. I'll keep going through it OVER AND OVER today ..........

Bye......:roll:
by Jemusic on Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 pm
I will make a video this morning and upload it in a couple of hours time.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:36 pm
Jemusic wroteI will make a video this morning and upload it in a couple of hours time.

That is going above and beyond friend!

by Jemusic on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:20 pm
Here is the video. Hopefully it will help you with this.

phpBB [video]

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 pm
Jemusic wroteHere is the video. Hopefully it will help you with this.

phpBB [video]

Oh, and even though it's the "dance of the dead" you might want to link this to the ATOM SQ thread about this too.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:16 am
Well, your instructions are CRYSTAL clear, and I have got the standalone with the controls saved and set. Works every time in standalone.

But even with the midi config set to my saved state, it doesn't do anything. GRRRRRRRRR! Either I'm just lame, or there is something more wrong with my setup :? BTW, I'm using the SQ which doesn't have anything mapped to the encoders by default. I've also made sure that the focus device is the SQ.

by Jemusic on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:42 am
Can you check the external device settings for your controller keyboard. Click on the keyboard icon for your controller and click Edit. Make sure there are no input filters there checked.

Try deleting your controller keyboard external device and make a new one.

by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:37 am
No go. Yours works as expected, mine does not. I'm certain I followed your instructions exactly, but I'll go over it again.

by Lokeyfly on Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:42 am
Reggie, while you re-check which probably won't do anything as the instructions were all too clear, provide a screenshot of the Atom SQ setup in Studio One. It appears to be a connection, filter, or other instrument conflict problem.

If you create a new instrument, delete the old, and still provide a screenshot so the new Atom SQ connections can be seen.

Then, someone with an Atom SQ (or not) can give you a general check on one parameter and see if it's working. Make sure the screenshot shows your whole screen and not just the instrument settings. Reason being there could be some other device conflicting with your SQ. You may have to provide the song file for a quick check at this point.

Let's minimize the vollying and get one parameter working. Thx!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:24 am
Lokeyfly wroteReggie, while you re-check which probably won't do anything as the instructions were all too clear, provide a screenshot of the Atom SQ setup in Studio One. It appears to be a connection, filter, or other instrument conflict problem.

The only thing I had checked was "aftertouch" and unchecking that didn't help.

For the second time, I'm checking out (this time for sure ) UNLESS Arturia comes up with a solution. I'm just sick of trying. Nothing personal of course, but I'm just going to roll with stuff that works.

by JohnBW on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 am
reggie1979beatz wrote
For the second time, I'm checking out (this time for sure ) UNLESS Arturia comes up with a solution.

You've already demonstrated that Arturia's stuff is working with your controller. Not sure what you expect them to solve?

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Lokeyfly on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:45 am
Dont be sick of trying. You've come for help and you're getting it. Jeff (Jemusic) has an Atom SQ. Follow directions to the note. Jeff (one of the nicest guys in the forum) asked you to start a new Atom SQ in your external instrument dialog and remove (un-check) filtering. We only know you unchecked Aftertouch which is good info but we're getting little pieces of the puzzle. Did you start a new Atom SQ and remove the old? What do the [Send To] and [Receive From] connections say?

When you add the new instrument, be sure to select "Reconnect". I know this sounds basic, but things happen (that was rather cleanly put).

Be thorough and as you can see you're getting help.
I'm staying out to not confuse the issue.

I guarantee your Atom SQ and Anolog Lab will be uo and connected via controllers in no time if you follow and answer every question. Write ithem down if necessary.
:+1

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Jemusic on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:07 pm
Ok. Firstly I have found out that I am talking about reggie's keyboard controller. Not Atom SQ. His Nektar T4.

Here is what I have found about ATOM SQ. This only works with Analog Lab in stand alone mode. (Presonus Logo top left is green) The knobs do in fact connect to the edit controls in Analog Lab and effect the sounds.

NOT in Studio One for some reason. (Presonus logo is blue and ATOM SQ is in Native mode) I can get the the ATOM SQ knobs to take over the edit knobs for sure in Studio One but they don't effect the sounds so reggie is not going mad here. But the purple knobs in learn mode wont turn red from the ATOM SQ knobs meaning they will never take control for some reason. They do turn red from the knobs on my keyboard controller though. if a knob does not turn red it will never work. It moves though meaning its partially connected. I think it is an Arturia issue but they may not want to get it working with ATOM SQ though.

What happens when Studio One takes control of ATOM SQ is that the signal that the knobs send somehow changes into some form of controller and Sysex values. But Analog Lab does not like it. Even though the edit knobs in Analog Lab can connect to ATOM SQ's knobs they have no effect on the sounds here. I cannot get this to work either. You also do need Control Link and all that stuff mapping as well. I think Control LInk is somehow interfering as well.

Reggie forget ATOM SQ for the moment. I am wanting you to connect your Nektar faders to Analog Lab as per my video. i think you will find they work. Have you tried that yet. I assume you were doing this all along.

I will keep trying though to see if I can get ATOM SQ to change the sounds in Analog Lab in the meantime. There is something strange happening between ATOM SQ and Analog Lab.

by JohnBW on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:04 pm
Jemusic wroteI will keep trying though to see if I can get ATOM SQ to change the sounds in Analog Lab in the meantime. There is something strange happening between ATOM SQ and Analog Lab.

I actually wonder if there is something strange under the hood happening between ATOM SQ and Studio One, that is preventing the assigned CC# to get through to Arturia.

by Jemusic on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:09 pm
If you open the Midi Monitor there seems to be two sets of data being sent from ATOM SQ while in native mode inside Studio One..

I tried installing the AU version of Analog Lab as well (Mac) I just got one of the ATOM SQ knobs (1) to work (sound changes) but it it still purple. I cannot get more than one knob to work.

Back to VST3. No go. at all. Control Link all working great up the top left as well. In learn mode it actually moves a purple knob but it wont turn red. No sound change.

There is something screwed between control link and Analog lab.

It all works great in Studio One from my Axiom 61 controller's encoders. It maps fine. No control link required at all. Purple knobs turn red instantly and sounds change. I bet reggie's Nektar faders will also work.

ATOM SQ all good in stand alone mode and not in native. All 8 knobs picked up and work fine.

Its a bug it seems. Also I am testing ATOM SQ on a Win 10 machine as well and getting the same results as my Mac. MAudio Axiom 61 encoders all work fine.

Good news is we know about it and it will be addressed in a future update. Looks like Presonus is going to fix it from their end.

by JohnBW on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:20 pm
Jemusic wrote
There is something screwed between control link and Analog lab.

It all works great in Studio One from my Axiom 61 controller's encoders. It maps fine. No control ink required at all. Purple knobs turn red instantly and sounds change. I bet reggie's Nektar faders will also work.

Not sure who should fix as well. Arturia or Presonus.

ATOM SQ all good in stand alone mode and not in native. All 8 knobs picked up and work fine.

I don't have an ATOM to test with, but my Arturia KeyLab MkII controller is fine.

Just FYI, but I did have to set up a control surface in Studio One external devices using the Mackie Control device and set the "receive from" to a secondary virtual "MIDI in" from the controller (MIDIIN2). That is what sends all the encoder, fader, and control surface messages from the KeyLab MkII via CC# to Studio One.

The controller itself is set to the Studio One DAW profile for the control surface mode, but when it is switched to the Analog Lab mode, it seems to interact directly with Analog Lab.

Hope this helps a little!

I imagine that breaking things down piece by piece using a 3rd party MIDI monitor to determine what CC messages work, and what do not, is the next logical step.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 am
Like I said, only replies when there is something from Arturia.

Well, here it is. After not being able to reproduce this issue, asking me the same question over and over, not reading these two threads, and NOT contacting presonus (who confirmed the issue TWICE) the last response was a "I don't know what you talking about" after HE asked me to install some software ... I'm now COMPLETELY GIVING UP.

I just don't care anymore, sorry. I feel stupid for trying to take the charge on this and get some results.

by Jemusic on Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm
Jemusic wroteGood news is we know about it and it will be addressed in a future update

It's a Studio One issue, not an Arturia issue.

Have you tried mapping your Nektar faders to the Analog Lab edit controls. That should work and offer a reasonable alternative until we can get the ATOM SQ knobs working properly.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:21 pm
Jemusic wrote
Jemusic wroteGood news is we know about it and it will be addressed in a future update

It's a Studio One issue, not an Arturia issue.

Have you tried mapping your Nektar faders to the Analog Lab edit controls. That should work and offer a reasonable alternative until we can get the ATOM SQ knobs working properly.

OK, for my FINAL FINAL post...... That is good news. They sure as hell didn't give ME any indication. :roll: (but I don't feel quite so stupid now)

The Nektar does it too. All my midi controllers do it.

Special thanks to you (Jemusic) for your help.

I also want to mention how bad Presonus support can be (and this is NOT the only time) At first it was all about "the others guys (including me) and didn't even CONSIDER that it was a Studio One Issue. If I had not been REALLY persistent, It would have been another waste of time. I'm plenty pissed brohiem. (can you remember the movie?) I have a funny feeling that Jemusic is probably the one who pushed that over the edge, not me ;)

AND, I've scolded Arturia. There is simply no excuse for that dude to be in tech support. CLUELESS would be one of many ways to describe it. They should get some schooling from their excellent sales support :roll:

From here on out, if you need to say something to me, PM me. I'm not even going to pay attention to this thread anymore.

by JohnBW on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:07 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteFrom here on out, if you need to say something to me, PM me. I'm not even going to pay attention to this thread anymore.

Thanks for letting us know that it was a waste of time. :roll:

And a big shout out to Jemusic for pushing this rock up a hill. That will benefit all!!!
Last edited by JohnBW on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

83 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5