25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
MisterE wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteHere here. There IS a ton of nonsense out there.

I'm curious if the lean and mean basic "Windoze" install installs the Nvidia Control Panel, as I've found it useful. For example there are options to limit the use of the most powerful mode to certain programs (say S1, Adobe Premier) that benefit from it and run on energy saving the rest of the time.

Turn off the appropriate windows service the control panel disappears and vice versa. I generally keep it on.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by MisterE on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:24 pm
PreAl wrote
MisterE wrote

I'm curious if the lean and mean basic "Windoze" install installs the Nvidia Control Panel, as I've found it useful. For example there are options to limit the use of the most powerful mode to certain programs (say S1, Adobe Premier) that benefit from it and run on energy saving the rest of the time.

Turn off the appropriate windows service the control panel disappears and vice versa. I generally keep it on.

In other words, the Nvidia Control Panel does get loaded, wich IMHO is a good thing as it seems both useful and non-invasive.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 pm
MisterE wrote

I'm going with yes as a quick search revealed the "nvidia control panel"

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:11 pm
OOop, too late :lol:

Bye......:roll:
by PreAl on Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:34 pm
MisterE wroteIn other words, the Nvidia Control Panel does get loaded, wich IMHO is a good thing as it seems both useful and non-invasive.

True but I've yet to work out if the control panel settings persist with the service disabled.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

25 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2