12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Every once in a while, (approx 1x per week) when I start S1, it asks me to accept the license again, it has forgotten the install dir (and defaults back to c:\programfiles) and also scans all plugins again. Setting back everything is tedious. I can't reproduce this issue but it feels like a config file somewhere gets corrupted. I always close down S1 neatly and bring windows down neatly before powering off. If someone can tell me which file holds these settings, I can create a backup copy and a .bat file to set it back on windows reboot. But which file is it? Or even better: what is the root cause and how do I fix it? Anyone?
by Bbd on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:39 am
Do a fresh install into a new directory and try again.
You don’t have to remove existing install but just name the new directory something different.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by djrevmoon on Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:59 am
Ok I'll try that. Any idea as to the root cause of this issue?
by Vocalpoint on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:58 am
djrevmoon wroteOr even better: what is the root cause and how do I fix it? Anyone?

Better yet - can you give us some background on what you are running (Hardware, desktop, laptop etc) , what version of Windows is running and most importantly - what specific directory did you install S1 to at the very beginning?

The fact that you say "it defaults BACK to C:\Program Files" makes me wonder about how this is installed in the first place as "C:\Program Files\Presonus" IS the default location.

If it's "reverting" back to this - you have bigger issues here.

Here - a detailed description of the basic layout would help - as S1 is not an app that has ever complained about the state of install to me in over 9 years of use. And mine is installed in the correct default location.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by mycbeats on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 am
Everything you've mentioned is stored at AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5

Make a copy of it for back up, then delete it and reinstall Studio One. Something is preventing S1 from writing to this folder.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by djrevmoon on Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:38 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
djrevmoon wroteOr even better: what is the root cause and how do I fix it? Anyone?

Better yet - can you give us some background on what you are running (Hardware, desktop, laptop etc) , what version of Windows is running and most importantly - what specific directory did you install S1 to at the very beginning?
VP

Hi, thanks for your questions. I was not accurate in my information indeed, sorry. So here is some more info. I am running in Win10 with all latest patches, S1 v5.2.2, on a Gigabyte B550 vision D mobo with an AMD Ryzen 9 CPU and 64Gb of RAM. Soundcard is UAD Apollo x16. I use a Faderport 16 as controller.
Every now an then, when I start S1, the following happens:
- it asks me to reconfirm the license
- my windows size is reset to non-fullscreen
- the User Data Location is reset to the user dir (I keep user data on D:\Studio One but it reverts to my user dir on C:)
- Plugins are rescanned (slowwwwww)
- plugin favorites and hides are lost
- latest browsed files/plugins is forgotten
- it selects the mobo soundcard in stead of the UAD.

I can reconfigure these things but it's very annoying to have to. I tried reinstalling but it still happened. I have now made a backup of {USER}\Appdata\Roaming\Presonus and next time it happens I will restore the backup and see what happens but I would really like to know the root cause.

All pointers welcome!
by djrevmoon on Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:44 pm
mycbeats wroteEverything you've mentioned is stored at AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5

Make a copy of it for back up, then delete it and reinstall Studio One. Something is preventing S1 from writing to this folder.

This would be my first guess also but I checked access permissions and they all check out....
by Vocalpoint on Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:50 pm
Is this:

"D:\Studio One"

a (fixed) internal drive OR an external (Removable) drive?

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by djrevmoon on Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:51 am
Vocalpoint wroteIs this:

"D:\Studio One"

a (fixed) internal drive OR an external (Removable) drive?

VP

It is a fixed internal SSD, that is mounted and available when I start S1.
by PreAl on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:02 am
Are you running studio one as admin? If so... Don't.

Sometimes windows user accounts get corrupted permissions. Perhaps try running it under a new windows user account.

Make sure you exclude studio one processes under your antivirus.

You may try googling DISM and SFC and check that your windows install isn't corrupted. I run it periodically myself.

I have data stored on different drives like you do and don't experience this issue. The main studio one app is on the default path, but everything else isn't.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:50 am
PreAl wroteI have data stored on different drives like you do and don't experience this issue. The main studio one app is on the default path, but everything else isn't.

As do I.

Cheers!

VP

by djrevmoon on Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:52 am
UPDATE: so I have mad the backup of {USER}\Appdata\Roaming\Presonus\Studion One 5 and when it happened again (several times now) I tried putting back the backup and this had the desired effect: everything was good again. So I have 2 corrupt and 1 known good directories zipped and will be doing a file diff and analysis on my Linux machine.I'll let you know if I find oud which file(s) are corrupted and hopefully why.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1