3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am editing dialog and at times, removing short sections of noise between phrases using Edit-Cut causes Studio One to freeze for several seconds while processing the cut. Using the scissor tool to make two cuts and then delete is fine.

I have a few event envelope gain changes, but only 5 or 6; and have used event fx (Spectralayers Pro 9) on a few clips, but I render each event fx after editing. This dialog track is only around 6 minutes, so it doesn't include hundreds (or thousands) of edits that are common to a full film edit/mix.

I considered whether event envelope gain was the culprit, so I tried bouncing events with event gain changes, and the next event gain seemed fine. But after that, the long lag in processing returned with the next edit-cut attempt.

Any ideas? A known bug or one that needs to be reported? Due to issues with Nuendo and ARA, I am considering Studio One for some of our dialog editing, but this could put the brakes on that plan.

This is on Windows 10, all SSD drives.
by Trucky on Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:17 am
What version of Studio One are you running and have you submitted a Support Ticket yet?
Please add your system specs to your signature (see link in my signature) as this helps us when responding to questions.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by kdm on Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:21 am
Fwiw,

S1 version 5.5.2 (latest),
Spectralayers Pro 9 via ARA / Event FX
Win 10 Pro 21H2

That's all that's relevant.

I'll just file a support ticket. I was only curious if anyone else had come across this yet. No need for full hardware system specs for that.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1