5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Don't know if anyone could advise with this, i've ran into this problem a couple of times and can't think of as to why it's happening.
I have recently bought a MacBook and have been getting everything downloaded and installed in terms of DAWs and plugins etc. So with a couple of songs that I have created on my PC on Studio One, when I open up the song on my MacBook there are a couple of tracks, be it either guitar audio tracks or midi tracks depending on the song, where the volume of certain tracks are way louder in the mix compared to the volume of the tracks when open on my PC, making the mix completely imbalanced, and even the actual tone / sound of the tracks seems to be different.
I have opened the project up on both my PC and Macbook and there appears to be no differences. The same plugins are being used, the plugins are in the same order on the chain. The track volumes and the channel volumes are all the same. Any automation is all the same, all assigned to the same busses and or FX channels. There's no differences I can find yet the tracks are way louder in the mix and like I say the actual tone / sound of the track is a bit different.

Thanks.

Specs
Desktop PC
Intel Core i7 7600K 4.0ghz Quad Core
16GB RAM DDR4 300mhz
6GB Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
400GB SSD
2TB HDD

MacBook Pro 2021 14"
M1 Pro 10 core CPU
16 Core GPU
16GB Unified memory
1TB SSD
by juhaseppnen on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:00 am
I had a similar problem with Valhalla VintageVerb. The projects made on PC with VintageVerb on them didn't transfer well to a Macbook. The presets always returned to the default settings.

Have you check side by side that all plugin settings are absolutely the same?

Studio One Pro 5.5.2.86528
Windows 10 - 8700k - 16 GB - MSI Z370 Sli Plus
Arturia Keylab 88
Presonus Studio 1824c
by joshlang1 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 am
No, I could have a look at that.
It's frustrating that I can't have Studio One open on both computers at the same time to compare more easily. Failing that though if there is no difference in the settings of the plugins themselves then I have no idea

Specs
Desktop PC
16GB RAM DDR4 300mhz
6GB Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
400GB SSD
2TB HDD

MacBook Pro 2021 14"
M1 Pro 10 core CPU
16 Core GPU
16GB Unified memory
1TB SSD
by Tacman7 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:58 am
joshlang1 wroteIt's frustrating that I can't have Studio One open on both computers at the same time to compare more easily.

Why not?

I can run S1 on two computers at the same time but I only have one ilok so lot of fx wouldn't be able to run on one machine. I wonder about putting the dongle on an NAS drive...
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-p ... waves-keys

Have you copied the same set of presets onto both machines?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by joshlang1 on Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:37 am
Thanks for the replies, for some reason one of the plugins on my chain was corrupt, I just reloaded the plugin in and it worked and corrected the volume and tone issues, not sure why it has happened as I have the plugin in use on other songs / projects and it's loaded up fine, but at least it is fixed.

Specs
Desktop PC
16GB RAM DDR4 300mhz
6GB Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
400GB SSD
2TB HDD

MacBook Pro 2021 14"
M1 Pro 10 core CPU
16 Core GPU
16GB Unified memory
1TB SSD