3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there anyway to stop S1 from creating a new folder when saving to a new project filename (other than always starting from a template; or allowing it to create a new folder, then go back and overwrite an older filename in the parent folder - yes, this works, but it really shouldn't be a workaround)?

When saving a project to a new folder for versioning and management reasons, S1 starts creating a new folder with every new filename/save.

I run an audio post department, and would like to use S1 for some of our work, and managing our own folders and filenaming is critical. I simply can't have a new folder for every "projectname_versions 1a", "...1b", "...2a", etc. I haven't found a way so far, but hoping either I overlooked a solution (other than the above), or this is high on the request list.

There are times where automatic folder/file associations are good, but a bit more user-flexibility by default, or preference, would be greatly appreciated.
by taylorscott2 on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:26 pm
You are saying using "File > Save As" and saving as a new version (v2, v3, etc) in the same folder is creating NEW folders? It def should not be doing that and doesn't do that on my system. It only does that if I save the file in a different location than the current project.

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by kdm on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:02 am
I've come across this a few times, most recently when importing an AAF and saving to a new folder using Save As. When I reopen that project (first saved version) and try to "Save As" - it creates a new folder. Anytime I try to save that project to a different location, it creates a new folder.

File - Save As generally works as expected. A project that starts from a template and is saved to the originally specified folder seems fine. My initial test just now importing an AAF from another location, and saving to an existing folder worked fine, but the project mentioned above did create a new folder.

The starting point seems to be the key or there is another catalyst than simply Save As, saving to a new folder, or importing from AAF, OMF, etc. It could just be a quirk or loophole in how S1 wants to see parent/child folder structures. I generally try to setup my projects with this in mind, to ensure I don't end up with multiple subfolders, but this situation was unique - the AAF wasn't saved to the right location, and attempting to save the project elsewhere somehow triggered the folder-creation issue.

I'll see if I can reproduce it and post the steps. This is on Windows 10.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1