10 posts
Page 1 of 1
OK, I add an automation parameter CC41 to control Vibrato intensity and a CC46 to control Vibrato rate. They remain labeled as CC41 and CC46 in the line above the automation lanes.

I would really like to change the label of CC41 to say "Vibrato intensity" and the label of CC46 to say
"Vibrato rate". Is that too hard? Is there a way to do it? It would be as easy as right-clicking and changing the label.

If that's not possible then maybe it would be a great future addition to the next version of Studio One. Does anyone else agree?

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Tacman7 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 pm
After adding the parameters go back to normal mode and right click the track and click expand envelopes.

Then you can double click on the parameters and you can rename them.

RenameParameters.jpg

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alfredohuerta on Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:47 pm
No Envelopes shown in window.JPG
Thanks for your answer Tacman7. I tried to see the automation parameters (envelopes) in that area and I just can't get them to display. I already hit Display On/Off and I can see stuff appear and disappear in that window below the name of the track, but I only see a "simple" version of the envelopes on the right side (see attached image). I clicked on everything and no deal. I must be doing something incorrectly. Can you be more specific as to what I should do?

Windows 10/64
by Thareh on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:54 am
I think you have the automation inside of the midi-part, and thus you cannot rename it.

You can create automation lanes outside of the midi-part and copy the automation there to have the ability to rename it but then you loose the ease-of-use of having the automation inside of the midi-part.
by alfredohuerta on Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:34 am
Yes, I suppose that you could say that the automation is inside of the MIDI part. I added the automation information to the MIDI track in the area below the MIDI piano roll area where one adds things like Velocity, Modulation, etc.

So, it would be really nice to be able to change where it says CC41 to say Dynamics or whatever I want. I wonder if I should add that to the "request" list for the next version of Studio One. Does anyone else think that this feature would be useful?

Windows 10/64
by Tacman7 on Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:19 am
Lets parse my previous answer:

"After adding the parameters go back to normal mode and right click the track and click expand envelopes."

So you add the parameters you need then get out of automation mode

Next, right click on the track, there should be a choice of Expand Envelopes.

Click that, that should make the lanes show below the track.

Is Expand Envelopes a choice when you right click the track? It has to have some parameters setup first.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:12 am
alfredohuerta wroteOK, I add an automation parameter CC41 to control Vibrato intensity and a CC46 to control Vibrato rate. They remain labeled as CC41 and CC46 in the line above the automation lanes.

I would really like to change the label of CC41 to say "Vibrato intensity" and the label of CC46 to say
"Vibrato rate". Is that too hard? Is there a way to do it? It would be as easy as right-clicking and changing the label.

If that's not possible then maybe it would be a great future addition to the next version of Studio One. Does anyone else agree?

Curious, have you tried selecting the automation parameter itself not by CC but mouse clicking on the parameter knob/fader/button itself which almost always is identified in the Control Link.once the Automation lane is created that way, the lane follows the Control Link identifying name.

Otherwise I do understand it's not possible on external hardware devices via MIDI CC.

There's a Feature Request for it here. Just vote it up when you can.
https://answers.presonus.com/63635/renaming-midi-cc-lanes

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
Tacman7 wroteLets parse my previous answer:

"After adding the parameters go back to normal mode and right click the track and click expand envelopes."

Is Expand Envelopes a choice when you right click the track? It has to have some parameters setup first.

Perfectly valid, but I think he is talking about the automation lanes inside the MIDI event. This is also the most convenient way of dealing with MIDI in my opinion - you usually don't want your automation and notes separated.

Untitled 1.jpg

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
bastiaanmarcscholtemeijer wrote
Tacman7 wroteLets parse my previous answer:

Perfectly valid, but I think he is talking about the automation lanes inside the MIDI event. This is also the most convenient way of dealing with MIDI in my opinion - you usually don't want your automation and notes separated.

And as outlined above, you can not rename those tabs. Which would be very welcome by the way.

Untitled 1.jpg

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:18 pm
Agree. When it comes to MIDI data, choosing the event, and creating a tab either by event choice, or Control Link works. Strictly speaking from memory as I'm away from the computer, if a CC is chosen, you get a CC label. If a parameter is chosen that is identified, you get a name on the tag.

I didn't know those tags couldn't be renamed, so that is a good feature request. :+1

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

10 posts
Page 1 of 1