5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have been dreaming a lot lately about what I would like to do with Studio One 5. I would really love to experiment with the possibility of using an audio file that I generate by recording my singing as I play a MIDI file in Studio One 5 and then using the volume or pitch data of that file as the automation information for something like modulation, vibrato, pitch, etc. of the MIDI notes that are in the track.

I know that I can already turn a dial or move a slider in real time to record automation data as a MIDI file plays, but that doesn't seem very intuitive. I also know that I could get a breath controller to do something similar. However, I'm thinking of a "poor man's" solution to the lack of a breath controller that could be implemented using singing as the input method. Since I don't play keyboard or any other instrument, a breath controller doesn't seem like a good investment, plus they are somewhat expensive.

I could envision that idea being implemented as an option in the Paint Tool which already provides the ability to assign freehand, line, sine, etc. data, but it would have an additional method of input based on an existing audio file.

Is this a crazy idea?

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Tacman7 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am
I tried that in Cubase one time as I remember...

Very foggy on details but I managed to create automation from inverted peak data, they have an easier time of it here:

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/ ... utomation/

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alfredohuerta on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 am
Hi Tacman7: Hmmmm, and what did it sound like, if you remember?

I think if I recorded an audio of myself doing a very soft "whistle-blow" (mostly a blow) while listening to the MIDI play, I could generate some good automation data for modulation, expression, or vibrato. The question is how to apply that in Studio One? I'd love to be able to experiment with that.

Windows 10/64
by alfredohuerta on Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:45 pm
So, does anyone know if there is a plugin (within Studio One or free-standing) that would allow me to take a regular audio file (wav or mp3) and apply the pitch or volume of a second audio file to modify the pitch or volume of the first audio file?

Windows 10/64
by Tacman7 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:03 pm

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

5 posts
Page 1 of 1