8 posts
Page 1 of 1
S1-3 professional ran on win 10
new computer runs windows 11.

manual install installs it and the license is recognized

run, and as it loads, the lines run by until 'loading control surface data' goes by
and then the program simply disappears with no message.

any advice?

Bob Crownfield
Studio Session Live
[email protected]
Presonus RML16AI, 16.4.2
sE Electronics sEX1, Rode M2,M3, Cad 195,70, Behringer B1, B5
Truth 2030, B212D,B215D
Capture, Surface, Studio One Professional
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:55 am
bobcrownfield wroteS1-3 professional ran on win 10 .new computer runs windows 11.

manual install installs it and the license is recognized

run, and as it loads, the lines run by until 'loading control surface data' goes by
and then the program simply disappears with no message.

any advice?

My first advice is to consider getting current on Studio One. v3 is not (and will never be) tested OR supported by Presonus on Win 11. Conversely - ONLY Studio One 5.4 (and higher) is fully supported on Windows 11

You are already in trouble by even trying to run v3 on Win 11 as no support is possible (From Presonus)

Important: "running" or "installing" on an OS is not even close to as being "supported" by the OS

Not exactly sure why anyone would want to stay with S1 v3 here in 2022 - when v5 is so far beyond what v3 had.

Second advice (if you are dead set against upgrading S1) - then you need to find a way back to Win 10. Easier said than done depending on what kind of computer you now have and your tolerance to get you technical hands dirty by attempting to install Win 10 clean on that new computer (Or even if that's possible on that hardware)

Final thoughts are where S1 appears to to be stopping during startup - if the program is dying at a control surface check - that feels like hardware to me and most likely a potential driver conflict.

Need more info on what control surface hardware (if any) you may have or what else is inline when running S1 would be helpful.

But this looks like a possible case of trying to run really old software/drivers on a very modern OS at this point.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by bobcrownfield on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:23 pm
if I wrote music, 4 and 5 would be a big deal. I do not

typically I may have 5-10 wave files, all about 45 -75 minutes long
they sync to video program which then goes to youtube, and to clients.

sound libraries do not help me.
notation does not help me

and 7 years is not ancient.

Bob Crownfield
Studio Session Live
[email protected]
Presonus RML16AI, 16.4.2
sE Electronics sEX1, Rode M2,M3, Cad 195,70, Behringer B1, B5
Truth 2030, B212D,B215D
Capture, Surface, Studio One Professional
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:40 pm
bobcrownfield wroteand 7 years is not ancient.

7 years is an "era" in terms of software and especially support. And what you do with S1 has no bearing on this thread. This is about what will work and what will not.

Sounds like you are resistant to getting onto a supported version of S1 so I am really not understanding the ask for support advice - since S1 v3 is not supported under Win 11 and Presonus can't/won't really help you.

Good luck in your quest Bob.

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Tacman7 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:41 am
The software to control my Axion AX-50 midi guitar controller has to have WinXp, I have an old notebook with the software on it even though I quit using the controller years ago.

Hard to hang on to the things you want in an ever changing computer environment.

It's not that you need these new features or anything, just that you need the current software made to run on your new machine, part of the cost of a new machine.

You can work the way you are used to, then get to know all the new stuff when you have time.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by shanabit on Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:27 am
bobcrownfield wroteif I wrote music, 4 and 5 would be a big deal. I do not

7 yrs is way old in computers. That said, REAPER will run on anything and for what you are doing would be cost effective. I use it for all my live tracking here

I look at the upgrades for S1 as just supporting my operating system Im using. I don't care about the bells and whistles.

You should find a copy of W10 and re install it, problem solved

I wouldn't roll with W11 on a new build but thats just me

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by vasilykorytov on Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:52 am
there's a thing like downgrading to windows 10. that is: if you have a license key for w11, you should be able to install and run w10 with that.

when you'll get it running, plan to upgrade s1, so you'll be good when w10 will be not supported by MS as well.

by Vocalpoint on Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:24 am
vasilykorytov wrotethere's a thing like downgrading to windows 10. that is: if you have a license key for w11, you should be able to install and run w10 with that.

Yes - this is possible - but do remember you will need to install Windows 10 clean - meaning the Win 11 install that came with the machine will need to be wiped - and all apps will need to be reinstalled from scratch.

This downgrade should only be attempted if one is really comfortable (and really prepared) to rebuild the machine from the ground up and have all available drivers, app installers etc at the ready.

It's not for everyone but it is by far the best way to ensure you have a clean slate and that all software will be correctly installed the first time.

It is only way that I install Windows here - but then again - I also do not buy hardware that would ship with a copy of Windows - I build everything from scratch.

Cheers!

VP

8 posts
Page 1 of 1