5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

is it possible to record additional midi takes after loop recording stops? For example, I have Instrument Loop Record set to Record Takes and Record Mode set to Replace. With a two bar loop,I hit record and make 3 passes, then hit stop and now I have take1, take2 ,take3. Now I'd like to try more takes on the same track, but when I go into record, it erases my previous takes 1-3.

Thanks!

Studio One Pro 5.
Macbook Pro 10.13.6
2.2.ghz intel core i7
16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
by Tacman7 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 pm
That's what replace mode is all about. You want takes to layers.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by djdnu on Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 am
Thanks Tacman7 for the reply!
What I was hoping is to keep Takes separate from Layers. I'd like to have Takes on a Event level not a track level like Layers. I like using Layers for comping, but use an event containing multiple Takes to build a collection of melodic riffs or drum fills that I can drop on other tracks or place it in various location down the timeline without having to carry the Layers.
Another reason is if I was to use Layers for this and drop the Layers on a track that already has multiple Layers already plus my riff Layers, it can add up quick.

It's possible now to record Takes separate from Layers but you only have one shot at it, if you hit stop you can't add more later via performing it in or combining an existing event to it.
Perhaps there's a different approach to achieve this?

Studio One Pro 5.
Macbook Pro 10.13.6
2.2.ghz intel core i7
16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
by Tacman7 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:42 am
Workflow and template development is constantly going on, I always try things this way or that looking for improvement.

With takes to layers you get an extra copy. So I often record single takes. After recording the take I delete it off the active track.

There's a copy down in the layers. I save parts and things in layers also and you can label the layers like "alternate bridge" etc.

Make sure yours is working the same way, record a take on an empty track, delete it then look and see if it's also down in a layer.

So I do a bunch of takes, deleting as I go until I want to comp it. You don't have to loop record.

I usually set the loop markers and start a bar before. Punch in is always on for me.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by djdnu on Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:43 pm
Thanks, I'll experiment with this!

Studio One Pro 5.
Macbook Pro 10.13.6
2.2.ghz intel core i7
16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

5 posts
Page 1 of 1