3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using Melodyne Essential for the first time (version 5.2) and have some questions about how it is supposed to function. I'm not sure it is working correctly.

1) Create a MIDI chord in Studio One 5 Pro and then Export Mixdown as MP3. See attached image showing a C major chord,

2) Drag the MP3 into a Studio One 5 Pro, select that track, and then hit CTRL-M to run Melodyne

3) In Melodyne go to "Algorithm/Polyphonic Sustain" and let it do it's thing to identify the notes. I know that the Essential version does not support polyphonic. However, it does support polyphonic but only for note identification, not for modification. All I need Melodyne for is to identify the specific notes of a chord in a song that I downloaded.

As you can see in the attached image, the MIDI notes that I entered are for C major. Interestingly, the MIDI notes that Melodyne identifies are higher by one octave and the highest note of the four is shorter than it should be. Not only that, it also identifies some strange notes higher up on the scale that don't exist in my original MP3 file.

So, is this what is supposed to happen? Is it a problem with Studio One 5 Pro? Is it a problem with Melodyne?

Thanks for any answers.

Attachments
Chord on Studio One 5  screen.JPG
C notes only in Melodyne.JPG
Melodyne all notes.JPG

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Tacman7 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:56 pm
You can drag a midi part to an audio track or bounce it to get an audio file. Going to mp3 is destructive.

I just had melo turn that audio file back into midi and it sounded the same, it's not perfect.

In the pic the part to the right is the original and the part on the left was created by melo from that audio file.

MeloRead.jpg

Also I use fx, if you bounce it with fx it may read it wrong, something to try.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alfredohuerta on Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:39 pm
Hi Tacman7. You must have the more advanced version of Melodyne. What you show in the image would not be possible with the Essential version as far as I know. What about those extra notes that appear higher up in the scale?

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64

3 posts
Page 1 of 1