165 postsPage 3 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9
jazzundso wrote
leosutherland wroteI thought that another minor function that I would find useful would be to set up a loop region, then click and drag the loop along the timeline as a complete unit - when it is landed, then playback/recor (if any) would start at the loop's new start

I don't understand the issue. Hold Cmd/Ctrl and drag the loop range. Done.

The Num1 key always brings you to the loop start. So, just drag your loop and press Num1 to go to the new position. Or use the "Play from Loop Start" command to .....play from loop start ;-)

You can also assign the "Shift Loop" and "Shift Loop Backwards" commands to your keyboard so you can move the loop range around via keyboard shortcuts.

So many options :)

The Cmd/Ctrl and drag I forgot about. I don't use it, though thanks Lukas for clarifying Leo's question.

@ Leo: You may want to try those alternate uses Leo if you find they help as well. As to the benefits of expanding loop functionality with Skip, and dual, they remain hopeful. I know this thread encompasses a broad subject so I might take it to its own post.

A big maybe due to the points others made earlier.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by leosutherland on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:30 am
Well, I tried out the Ctl+Drag thingy on a loop and it works fine, thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

Dunno why it never occurred to me to try it before - I guess that is the result of depending on everyone else in this forum for answers! :lol:

Only one thing would be nice is when you drag a loop it (intelligently) fits itself to arranger sections on the Arrange track (bar?) - so kind of controlling the loop size via the Arranger (which, in case I haven't mentioned it) is the best thing since the sliced proverbial. :+1

Halo runs for cover....

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.5.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, AIR synths, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4, PPG Wave 3.V, Generate

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by roland1 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:31 pm
Okay, has anyone written a chart-topping hit song in version 5 yet? Exactly! You know why?

Because we're all biding our time and waiting for version 6. I blame Presonus for putting the brakes on so many budding musical careers by not making a new color palette available.

I am outraged.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm
Hi Leo, In Options>Shortcuts, type "Loop" and you'll get a good number of shortcuts based on loop.

Another way is to open the Macro Toolbars and you'll see loop forward and loop previous

The Manual will provide some basic details but I usually don't wish that on anyone. ;)

Lastly, don't forget the information tool that gives you options when you hover over them.

Depend on you.

[Edited "loop" typo]
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by davidlarson6 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:39 pm
roland1 wroteOkay, has anyone written a chart-topping hit song in version 5 yet? Exactly! You know why?

Because we're all biding our time and waiting for version 6. I blame Presonus for putting the brakes on so many budding musical careers by not making a new color palette available.

I am outraged.

It's nothing that a good old class-action lawsuit can't put right. :readit:

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:23 pm
Disgruntled users biding there time waiting on Studio One version 6 need to forward their displeasure to:
Fender Complaints Dept.
1313 Mockingbird Lane, ........(you get the idea).

I guess its another case of verybody's a victim.

roland1 wrote: I blame Presonus for putting the brakes on so many budding musical careers by not making a new color palette available.

Lol. Btw, my new album is called "Pallette". No lack thereof from S1 as I strip the colors off the mixer, anyway. ;) Though I'd welcome way more color swatches.

Tweeking my last two songs, so I'd like to have the album out by summers end. Aside from a few VERY minor issues in S1 (more like occurences), it has performed exemplary as a DAW and production tool.

Peace, ya'll.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Steve Carter on Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:15 pm
Sorry, haven’t been paying attention- has version 6 dropped yet?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by davidporter5 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:56 pm
shanabit wroteHow many bells and whistles do people need to make their beat?

I agree completely. Most DAW software is more complex than most users need already. I would prefer, and be willing to pay for, a version made up of only bug fixes and compatibility improvements.

Luna 1.5, Logic Pro 10.8/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.10, Studio One Pro 6.5.1, Pro Tools Studio 2023.9, UAD-2 software 11, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 23.02, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.08, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.2. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.
by kdm on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:05 pm

How many "beat-maker" non-musicians even use S1? I would think they were mostly happy with Live, Machine/Akai hardware, Reaper or maybe Logic. Unfortunately most buyers of less expensive DAWs are non-professionals, and the largest market-base tends to drive feature/paid upgrade decisions with most DAWs.

In the meat and potatoes department for S1, how about surround for film scores and mixes? That's an absolute necessity. S1 already supports multichannel files, but only plays the first two.

S1 has barely even scratched the surface of audio post, but has some excellent capabilities that I do in fact use in post. That list is very long, but only because of competition in the broad capabilities needed for that market, not the lack of ability in engineers.

S1 works very well for scoring (stereo mockups, library music, etc where surround isn't always needed), but there is definitely room for advancement without becoming bogged down in "bells and whistles" as other DAW companies tend to.

A couple of examples:

- Assigning sound variations to a midi track in the project page rather than midi events within the editor would be a step forward (the event approach means S1 can forget sound variation assignments, wasting time reassigning them to events - annoying to open a project and not be able to simply return to work on a score as remote midi controllers won't trigger key switches when a sound variation map was unassigned for some reason).

- Dolby Atmos and immersive formats are growing in use. Logic has a quick and easy-to use Dolby Atmos system, and it works well. Not an option for PC users though. Nuendo's Atmos system is much more advanced, but a royal pain to setup. I'm sure with what seems to be an ease-of-use ethos, Studio One can do better.

Of course bug fixes should take priority over rushing new features out the door, but rarely will because most users evaluate updates and paid upgrades on features alone.

Just my .02.....which is probably only worth about 0.012 for the next week due to escalating inflation.
by kdm on Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:06 pm
kdm wrote

How many "beat-maker" non-musicians even use S1? I would think they were mostly happy with Live, Machine/Akai hardware, Reaper or maybe Logic. Unfortunately most buyers of less expensive DAWs are non-professionals, and the largest market-base tends to drive feature/paid upgrade decisions with most DAWs.

In the meat and potatoes department for S1, how about surround for film scores and mixes? That's an absolute necessity. S1 already supports multichannel files, but only plays the first two.

S1 has barely even scratched the surface of audio post, but has some excellent capabilities that I do in fact use in post. That list is very long, but only because of competition in the broad capabilities needed for that market, not the lack of ability in engineers.

S1 works very well for scoring (stereo mockups, library music, etc where surround isn't always needed), but there is definitely room for advancement without becoming bogged down in "bells and whistles" as other DAW companies tend to.

A couple of examples:

- Assigning sound variations to a midi track in the project page rather than midi events within the editor would be a step forward (the event approach means S1 can forget sound variation assignments, wasting time reassigning them to events - annoying to open a project and not be able to simply return to work on a score as remote midi controllers won't trigger key switches when a sound variation map was unassigned for some reason).

- Dolby Atmos and immersive formats are growing in use. Logic has a quick and easy-to use Dolby Atmos system, and it works well. Not an option for PC users though. Nuendo's Atmos system is much more advanced, but a royal pain to setup. I'm sure with what seems to be an ease-of-use ethos, Studio One can do better.

Of course bug fixes should take priority over rushing new features out the door, but rarely will because most users evaluate updates and paid upgrades on features alone.

Just my .02.....which is probably only worth about 0.012 for the next week due to intentional escalating inflation.
by taylorscott2 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:59 pm
kdm wrote

A couple of examples:

Just my .02.....which is probably only worth about 0.012 for the next week due to escalating inflation.

My day job is in audio post and I generally use Nuendo, but for simpler videos I will use S1 (which is my preferred DAW for music). I have asked since I started S1 for more audio post features as it would be such a killer daw then. I also compose on the side and scored a feature length in S1, but it was rough compared to Nuendo/Cubase. The lack of a video track alone is enough to not make me want to ever do it in S1 again until they add more features.

Also regarding Nuendo's Atmos integration, as of v12 it is extremely easy to setup in my opinion and works amazing, and is a wonderful way to do Atmos on Windows

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by kdm on Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:59 pm
taylorscott2 wroteMy day job is in audio post and I generally use Nuendo, but for simpler videos I will use S1 (which is my preferred DAW for music). I have asked since I started S1 for more audio post features as it would be such a killer daw then. I also compose on the side and scored a feature length in S1, but it was rough compared to Nuendo/Cubase. The lack of a video track alone is enough to not make me want to ever do it in S1 again until they add more features.

Also regarding Nuendo's Atmos integration, as of v12 it is extremely easy to setup in my opinion and works amazing, and is a wonderful way to do Atmos on Windows

Similar situation here. I have our audio department using Nuendo for recording, editing and post; and I have used it for years when freelancing and scoring. But I also use S1 for editing and music more frequently now.

The lack of video track doesn't bother me as much in S1. Digital Performer is similar - attached video rather than imported to a track, and it is brilliant for scoring. It is nice to have a video track (or multiple as in Nuendo) from time to time (esp. scene cut detect and re-conforms), but I almost always use the video window/timecode for frame by frame spotting regardless. Even so, a video track and additions there in S1 would be welcome.

If you get a chance, try Logic's Atmos implementation just for sake of comparison. It won't lead you away from Nuendo, but it is a good example of how setup might be simplified without compromising too much flexibility. It is basically a one-click function to enable Dolby Atmos and every track is transformed, mapped and ready for mixing. Granted, Logic's implementation is aimed mostly at music and internal rendering, so it doesn't have as much flexibility, but is much faster to setup and get to work.

Nuendo requires a bit more manual setup and getting used to, even with the setup assistant; though the assistant does improve things, when you find it in the ADM authoring window. It isn't that difficult from that point, but it still feels bolted together rather than designed to flow intuitively, and it takes longer than Logic's approach. Too many separate windows that should be consolidated with more direct access. The Midi Remote system is the same - overly complicating simple tasks.

The ADR system in Nuendo is similar in lacking a simple intuitive approach. It isn't anything overly complicated, just unnecessary extra steps that shouldn't be necessary.

Apple managed to pull off automatic routing and renderer setup, with optional sources and output formats. I don't expect Atmos in Studio One, but if Presonus did, I would hope they could improve on setup and configuration efficiency.

While a great DAW, Nuendo's main flaw is consistently missing basic workflow concepts - extra clicks, dialogs, disconnected or pasted together setup windows, etc. I have used Nuendo for years, still do, and still like it, but there are many aspects that lead me to Studio One more often now.

No DAW is perfect, but S1 seems best poised to improve on some of these workflow annoyances that are likely here to stay in older DAWs. Only time will tell if that is actually the case.
by shanabit on Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:30 am
kdm wrote

S1 has focused on music makers and the hip hop crew. Maybe you missed my sarcasm?

S1 has never been about anything but SONGS from its inception although they are slowly added things. For music guys surround is a worthless add on as well as Atmos

POST is NOT the goal for S1 as the makers would tell you, thats why you have NUENDO my man

I don't disagree with you BTW, those things would really set it apart and put a bigger dent in PeeTools

You can't disregard the history from its inception nor its focus on musicians just wanting to record and master their own stuff.

Im actually shocked that a Nuendo guy is even bothering with S1. I got off Steinbugs train at C11.

I use S1 for everything these days. Logic sits idle here. Reaper for live tracking

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by taylorscott2 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:32 am
kdm wrote
taylorscott2 wroteMy day job is in audio post and I generally use Nuendo, but for simpler videos I will use S1 (which is my preferred DAW for music). I have asked since I started S1 for more audio post features as it would be such a killer daw then. I also compose on the side and scored a feature length in S1, but it was rough compared to Nuendo/Cubase. The lack of a video track alone is enough to not make me want to ever do it in S1 again until they add more features.

Similar situation here. I have our audio department using Nuendo for recording, editing and post; and I have used it for years when freelancing and scoring. But I also use S1 for editing and music more frequently now.

The lack of video track doesn't bother me as much in S1. Digital Performer is similar - attached video rather than imported to a track, and it is brilliant for scoring. It is nice to have a video track (or multiple as in Nuendo) from time to time (esp. scene cut detect and re-conforms), but I almost always use the video window/timecode for frame by frame spotting regardless. Even so, a video track and additions there in S1 would be welcome.

If you get a chance, try Logic's Atmos implementation just for sake of comparison. It won't lead you away from Nuendo, but it is a good example of how setup might be simplified without compromising too much flexibility. It is basically a one-click function to enable Dolby Atmos and every track is transformed, mapped and ready for mixing. Granted, Logic's implementation is aimed mostly at music and internal rendering, so it doesn't have as much flexibility, but is much faster to setup and get to work.

Nuendo requires a bit more manual setup and getting used to, even with the setup assistant; though the assistant does improve things, when you find it in the ADM authoring window. It isn't that difficult from that point, but it still feels bolted together rather than designed to flow intuitively, and it takes longer than Logic's approach. Too many separate windows that should be consolidated with more direct access. The Midi Remote system is the same - overly complicating simple tasks.

The ADR system in Nuendo is similar in lacking a simple intuitive approach. It isn't anything overly complicated, just unnecessary extra steps that shouldn't be necessary.

Apple managed to pull off automatic routing and renderer setup, with optional sources and output formats. I don't expect Atmos in Studio One, but if Presonus did, I would hope they could improve on setup and configuration efficiency.

While a great DAW, Nuendo's main flaw is consistently missing basic workflow concepts - extra clicks, dialogs, disconnected or pasted together setup windows, etc. I have used Nuendo for years, still do, and still like it, but there are many aspects that lead me to Studio One more often now.

No DAW is perfect, but S1 seems best poised to improve on some of these workflow annoyances that are likely here to stay in older DAWs. Only time will tell if that is actually the case.

Oh yeah for sure, I totally totally agree about Nuendo lacking basic and modern workflow concepts - that is why I use S1 when I can as it seems so much more refined. I agree with everything you said about it.

And damn I wasn't aware Logic's Atmos implementation was that simple. I'll def check it out to get a comparison.

Cheers!

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by Vocalpoint on Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:41 am
shanabit wrotePOST is NOT the goal for S1 as the makers would tell you - that's why you have NUENDO my man

+ 1000. If Presonus ever seriously considers adding all the super post features to S1 that people think it needs - then it simply becomes Nuendo and the entire spirit of S1 will be over. As would my use of it.

I already dropped Nuendo to come to S1 in the first place. :)

I am dead set against S1 doing anything regarding post and hope Presonus continues to concentrate all efforts on ensuring S1 does what is does best which is to is own the music creation workspace once and for all.

The post world already it's established tools and no amount of "adding options" to S1 is going to make Hollywood suddenly drop Nuendo or Protools.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by taylorscott2 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:13 am
Vocalpoint wrote
shanabit wrotePOST is NOT the goal for S1 as the makers would tell you - that's why you have NUENDO my man

+ 1000. If Presonus ever seriously considers adding all the super post features to S1 that people think it needs - then it simply becomes Nuendo and the entire spirit of S1 will be over. As would my use of it.

I am dead set against S1 doing anything regarding post and hope Presonus continues to concentrate all efforts on ensuring S1 does what is does best which is to is own the music creation workspace once and for all.

The post world already it's established tools and no amount of "adding options" to S1 is going to make Hollywood suddenly drop Nuendo or Protools.

VP

Hollywood is not the only industry that does audio post. A lot of freelancers and smaller studios all over the world do it on smaller scale projects. They may not need the complexity of Nuendo. Of course S1 will never replace Pro Tools and Nuendo in Hollywood, and no one is asking them to add insanely complex post features. But adding a few features here and there to make it a bit smoother for freelancers and smaller studios to use for some post work wouldn't be a bad thing.

You would stop using S1 if they added some features to make audio post more manageable? ...Why?

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by kdm on Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:21 am
Vocalpoint wrote

Dropping Nuendo because you like S1 better is perfectly fine, and makes sense. But suggesting the "spirit of S1" is amateur beat makers and home musicians is selling it short.

The integration with Notion, and a respectable keyswitch / articulation implementation (sound variations) already says Presonus at least takes composition somewhat seriously. Film scoring in Studio One is only a few features away from being competitive (it is already viable), and yes, surround is pretty much a requirement there, at least for feature films and AAA games. S1 is already popular with many composers, even if Cubase and Logic are the primary filmscore DAWs (DP has its userbase, but it is smaller).

Taylorscott2 is right - post and audio production is a very large market outside of Hollywood. Films, docs, tv series', streaming series' are produced all over now. And many of us also work with Hollywood clients remotely.

Fwiw, post features don't make or break a DAW for music. For example, Cubase is the same core application as Nuendo with the post features added as branches, and/or not compiled with the final Cubase releases. ProTools Artist and Studio are just ProTools Flex (Ultimate) with advanced post features turned off in the menu (which is why Avid could easily "add" surround to ProTools Studio recently).

Dolby Atmos is actually growing quickly in music. It is supported by most major plaforms: Apple (all devices and Apple Music), Amazon Music and Video, Tidal, Spotify; Google Play; Netflix, XBox One and S, most newer PCs/graphics cards, and the list goes on (tv, film and music).

But you are right, Nuendo is excellent for post, film scoring, audio production, and music. It is by far the most feature rich, powerful DAW on the market, for any use, including song writing.

Whatever Studio One becomes it will be. Presonus has to do what is right for their company, and they seem quite successful already, at least I hope that is and remains the case. I always use whatever works best for a specific job, but sticking with one is easier than switching between DAWs. It is really up to the developers to sell me on their product, not the other way around. I had considered S1 as a secondary DAW for my audio post department (several seats and growing), but I'll keep that on the back burner for now.
by Vocalpoint on Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:58 pm
taylorscott2 wrote Hollywood is not the only industry that does audio post. A lot of freelancers and smaller studios all over the world do it on smaller scale projects.

Agreed - and to be fair (and to provide context) - as a freelancer myself - my actual primary use of Studio One is for voice over work so I guess I am a tad rooted in the "post" world as it is. I am also very deep into music production, sound design and audio restoration and between S1 and the occasional use of Wavelab - I can do it all very efficiently.

taylorscott2 wrote But adding a few features here and there to make it a bit smoother for freelancers and smaller studios to use for some post work wouldn't be a bad thing.

Well - we are (most likely) moving to the 6th iteration of Studio One and Presonus has never indicated a need to include any "post" type features after 10 years of offerings - so I do not believe they will suddenly start now.

And let's be 100% straight up here - there is no such thing as "adding a few features - here and there". As soon as that "feature" door is opened to post stuff - it becomes an unstoppable revolving door of "I want this and I want that" - none of which will have a single thing to do with the approx 95+% of users who use S1 for what it was designed for.

taylorscott2 wrote You would stop using S1 if they added some features to make audio post more manageable? .Why?

Firstly - price. I am not interested in paying for Dolby Atmos, multichannel this or post that. Or are you thinking that adding this stuff will be free?

A great example of getting something we did not ask for within the v5 cycle the Show module in Studio One. Launched almost immediately after the world locked down to COVID in mid 2020 - where no one could do anything in terms of live music - this made no sense to me and it remains about as non essential as it gets even today.

But it terms of paying for it (in the upgrade) - outside of a very tiny minority who thought the Show module was a good thing - I do not believe anyone was happy at all about paying for something they will truly never use.

Secondary (and much more critical) is time, talent and resource. Someone will need to code this post stuff and that will simply elongate the time and logic necessary to deliver the fixes and fine tuning to a huge laundry list of things that already need some TLC with the current version of S1.

Adding more and more features and options exponentially increases the chances of problems and is guaranteed to slow the program down over time. One of S1's greatest strengths is it's speed and efficiency - we need that to continue even if that means losing overhead by bypassing requests for non-essential features.

I get that "features" keep the cash flowing - but I also trust that Presonus knows it's audience and exactly who to target with S1.

Case in point - I made my one and only "post type" request (which has been open for years) and I still cannot get Presonus to even consider allowing iZotopes RX Connect plugin to work correctly within S1 like it does in a series of other DAWs out there.

If they won't even give this any consideration (after my years of trying) - I cannot see a wack of post features suddenly appearing in S1 anytime soon.

Cheers

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint on Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Vocalpoint on Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:05 pm
kdm wrote Dropping Nuendo because you like S1 better is perfectly fine, and makes sense. But suggesting the "spirit of S1" is amateur beat makers and home musicians is selling it short.

I do not recall indicating the "spirit of S1" was 100% confined to amateur beat makers and home musicians. I am well aware of the wild crossover in what we can do with S1 and regularly work with it in pro studios to freelancer musicians and everyone in between

In terms of "spirit" I meant more along the lines of the ultimate workflow enabler, ease of use, speed, efficiency and all the intangibles that make S1 such a joy to use.

Cheers!

VP

by kdm on Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:12 pm
Vocalpoint wroteIn terms of "spirit" I meant more along the lines of the ultimate workflow enabler, ease of use, speed, efficiency and all the intangibles that make S1 such a joy to use.

Cheers!

VP

Absolutely! A great workflow, speed, efficiency are what I like about S1, and seem to be what has made S1 successful. Unfortunately, those aren't priorities for other companies.

165 postsPage 3 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9