165 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Oh, sorry. Well, I have really nice things, actually.

Bye......:roll:
by davidlarson6 on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:32 pm
So YOU'RE the one who has all the nice things! What are the rest of us supposed to do?

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:47 pm
:mrgreen: You don't look like you are suffering

by shanabit on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:02 am
I'm suffering now

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 pm
shanabit wroteI'm suffering now

Yeah, if your specs are correct, you are pretty not up to date ... the "Joneses" are laughing at you!

:lol:

Then again, coming back down to reality, if you don't need it, then who cares :)

by BobF on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:00 pm
reggie1979beatz wrote
shanabit wroteI'm suffering now

Yeah, if your specs are correct, you are pretty not up to date ... the "Joneses" are laughing at you!

:lol:

Then again, coming back down to reality, if you don't need it, then who cares :)

If I only had what I *need* I wouldn't have very much

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by edwine1 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:20 am

Windows 10 64bit
16gb RAM
Studio One 6 Pro
Melodyne 5 Editor
Notion 6
Focusrite 2i2 (3rd Gen)
GTX 1050ti
SSD Main Drive; 4x Sample SSD
Asrock B85m Motherboard

S1 user since v2
by PreAl on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:06 am
Surprised there is no 5.5.3 to round things up.
Oh well. :(

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by muziksculp on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:18 am
Looking forward to Sept. 29th. Thanks for the heads up.

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:06 pm
Man, I don't think I can handle it...... Studio One 6 AND IK TONEX the same day?

(not inserted gif)

by roland1 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:03 pm
Not sure about that strange opium den dance music — whatever happened to using good old-fashioned country and western jingles to sell products?

Anyway, I have a feeling...just a feeling...that I may not be upgrading this time around. I can do a lot of things right now with Studio One and if...that's "IF"...this release caters more to "producers" of music that has neither a repeatable melody or chorus, well then, I probably have no use for it anyway.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but if I'm not, it won't be the end of the world.

That comes later... :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by shanabit on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:08 pm
Cubase upgrade or Reaper? hmmm

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 pm
Well, again, I tried "cubestein" when the demo for 12 dropped. It was a disaster! First, the install is a heaping pile of "oh my god, how much more crap can their be". Then, though I've used cubase many times (and owned it, more than once) it was pretty difficult to get my simple setup to work properly.

But the most alarming aspect, which is totally perplexing to me, considering I have a really nice computer: The CPU use. It was totally unacceptable.

I know you are kidding around, but Reaper is a viable alternative for many. I just feel that S1 is WAY cleaner and meaner with very very little fuss to do your work. Reaper is cheap, it works, there is actually too much flexibility, but unlike "cubase" , it's still the very best when it comes to CPU use, so there is that.

by graytermedia on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:11 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteWell, again, I tried "cubestein" when the demo for 12 dropped. It was a disaster! First, the install is a heaping pile of "oh my god, how much more crap can their be". Then, though I've used cubase many times (and owned it, more than once) it was pretty difficult to get my simple setup to work properly.

But the most alarming aspect, which is totally perplexing to me, considering I have a really nice computer: The CPU use. It was totally unacceptable.

I know you are kidding around, but Reaper is a viable alternative for many. I just feel that S1 is WAY cleaner and meaner with very very little fuss to do your work. Reaper is cheap, it works, there is actually too much flexibility, but unlike "cubase" , it's still the very best when it comes to CPU use, so there is that.

Running Nuendo here and mixing post projects daily, along with some music production. No major crashes of any kind and I'm running multiple instances of Omnisphere. CPU meter is steady at 1/3 usage under heavy sessions. Of course, my M1 Mac Studio probably has a lot to do with that, but Nuendo 12 has been the most stable version of any Steinberg product for me. YMMV, of course...

All that said, I'm looking forward to ver 6. Avid has stepped their game up too. They must be feeling the squeeze of competition. We're all winning with the plethora of choices available today.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by jasonmartin19 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:43 pm
What a time to be alive
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:46 am
reggie1979beatz wroteWell, again, I tried "cubestein" when the demo for 12 dropped. It was a disaster! First, the install is a heaping pile of "oh my god, how much more crap can their be". Then, though I've used cubase many times (and owned it, more than once) it was pretty difficult to get my simple setup to work properly.

Too late for me now, but if Reaper had put some effort into the UI I prolly would have stuck with it and quit looking around years ago. I keep it around, but haven't used it much at all since moving from SONAR to SO.

-

Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
by gregghart on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:28 am
Yeah, when I moved from Sonar, I tried Reaper...I hated it. Then I found Studio One and loved it! I have since tried the newer version of Reaper, and still didn't like it. It's ugly. And it's TOO configurable. To the point where I just want to record...not configure.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:38 am
Agreed. It's an endless sea of bleep. Works great, when you finally figure out what the heck to do.

And STILL the best CPU use of anything.

by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:00 am
CPU is awesome in Reaper. Another thing I really like is the track is a track concept. Routing is beyond flexible for both audio and MIDI.

I invested quite a bit of time in Reaper as the SONAR days were coming to a close. Reaper is definitely powerful, and I didn't (still don't) need a bunch of VIs and FX bundled.

End of the day, I just couldn't find a UI/Theme that I could get along with. Sure, there are plenty of themes that can make it look like Optimus Prime's taint (read somebody else say that about plug UIs), but not much to make it clean, crisp and quick to use.

I finally chose to move forward with SO. Sure, there are some things I would love to have that exist in other DAWs, but SO has the most to offer for *me*.

-

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:06 am
Yeah, again, the UI, no matter what your setup would like to be is always missing something you want/need.

165 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9