165 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
I voted. That folder behavior has always annoyed me: they're assuming what I want. I don't want my folders to be thinking. I just want them to be normal folders like all the other folders in this world.

tommikujala wrote
roland1 wroteI think that preset folders should not open automatically just because you're hovering over them. It makes studio one totally unusable.

Agreed. I made a feature request about this few years ago, sadly it doesn't have many votes.. but feel free to upvote

https://answers.presonus.com/43989/disa ... 989#q43989

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Vocalpoint on Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:46 am
taylorscott2 wroteSeems like S1 has been temporarily abandoned for the time being. It's now been 5 months since a MINOR update, and 8 months since 5.5.

They've got to be working on the dumbed down version of S1 for the Fender CEO, and have no (or very few) resources allocated to S1 for now.

Well - I suppose we could all wallow in the negative and assume S1 has been sidelined OR we can take the high road and assume the crew is working on something awesome which hopefully ends up being Studio One v6.

I know which road I am on. :)

Cheers

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.0.99237 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.249) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by davidspencerbarker on Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:48 am
As a hobbyist I'm happy with the current version :D But excited to see what happens in version 6.

Still learning lots. as I'm quite new to all things Studio One 5 (Pro version)The learning curve is fine,the drag n drop functionality is a hoot.
Lots of stuff to discover and learn too,loads of great tools and features,not to mention the great amount of quality stock plugins too :D

Very happy customer here

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by roland1 on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:31 pm
Why do things have to "drop," anyway? Why can't they just, you know, arrive or show up, or be released, or put on offer? Does it always have to be about gravity and its affect upon our lives? And when you drop something, doesn't it make it more prone to breakage?

We don't talk about these things often enough.

[a message from the Coalition of Concerned Citizens Against Excessively Hip Language.]

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:48 pm
I'd like to touch that one, but I can't touch that one.

(yes, I'm old, deal :lol: )

Bye......:roll:
by shanabit on Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:10 pm
roland1 wroteWhy do things have to "drop," anyway? Why can't they just, you know, arrive or show up, or be released, or put on offer? Does it always have to be about gravity and its affect upon our lives? And when you drop something, doesn't it make it more prone to breakage?

We don't talk about these things often enough.

[a message from the Coalition of Concerned Citizens Against Excessively Hip Language.]

My beef now is the new "Best In Class" phrase. Who says so? The manufacturer of said item?
W will judge if its best in class. At least the FLAGSHIP is being used less now.

That and the Lots wife reference when someone switches something and is never looking back.

I think we are correct in that S1 is shelved for now. ZERO communication about anything with S1.
reminds me of Steinbug

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by roland1 on Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:33 pm
Well, at least Hammer seems happy.

by peterbirch on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:03 pm
Gregor and Joe have gone quiet too. Are they testing and creating videos of the new things that most people don't need?

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:22 pm
peterbirch wroteGregor and Joe have gone quiet too. Are they testing and creating videos of the new things that most people don't need?

Well, here in the central cali valley, they would have an excuse. 100's, nah, make it 117! Music, nope. Angry tweets? Well, I don't do that but I would if I was a borg and had a twittery account.

Anyways, what were we talking about? I didn't get pizza but I had some mighty fine wangs delivered.

Oh yeah, Studio One 6, when will it drop, I remember those days.

EDIT; Time to start shutting down.....rolling blackouts again :roll:
Last edited by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:24 pm
roland1 wroteWell, at least Hammer seems happy.

Pickles and all. Oh wait, is that borderline breaking the rules?

Kinda on topic: I have stopped checking S1 daily for updates. But it's fine, no really, I must convince all of you.

by roland1 on Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:10 pm
peterbirch wroteGregor and Joe have gone quiet too. Are they testing and creating videos of the new things that most people don't need?

I called Nuendo yesterday and a happy sounding man with a thick German accent answered the phone. "Gregor?" I said. And he immediately hung up. I tried to call back, but the line was busy.

[Shut up, already, I'm joking! :D ]

by peterbirch on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:23 pm
roland1 wroteI called Nuendo yesterday and a happy sounding man with a thick German accent answered the phone. "Gregor?" I said. And he immediately hung up. I tried to call back, but the line was busy.

Don't Get it must be an innuendo type joke :?:

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
by roland1 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:49 am
peterbirch wrote
roland1 wroteI called Nuendo yesterday and a happy sounding man with a thick German accent answered the phone. "Gregor?" I said. And he immediately hung up. I tried to call back, but the line was busy.

Don't Get it must be an innuendo type joke :?:

Punchline Demystified: He left the company and is now working for Nuendo. :)

by peterbirch on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:17 am
Was that a plane or superman? No it was my humour going over his head 😆

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:30 am
peterbirch wroteWas that a plane or superman? No it was my humour going over his head 😆

It IS a difficult concept

by roland1 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:38 am
Not everyone gets classical Gregorian humor/humour.

[Oops. I did it again.]

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:58 am
Boy, it's just TOO hard to not follow through with these obvious setups.......

by BobF on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:55 pm
phpBB [video]

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by roland1 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:59 pm
BobF wrote
phpBB [video]

This is why we fight wars — to protect our freedom to waste our precious time while taking away the liberties of others.

No. Wait. That didn't sound right. Let me start again.

"This is why we fight wars..." (rinse and repeat).

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:55 pm
Well, I like the part about the "cold brew" :D

165 postsPage 6 of 9
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9