165 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
BobF wroteCPU is awesome in Reaper. Another thing I really like is the track is a track concept. Routing is beyond flexible for both audio and MIDI.

I invested quite a bit of time in Reaper as the SONAR days were coming to a close. Reaper is definitely powerful, and I didn't (still don't) need a bunch of VIs and FX bundled.

End of the day, I just couldn't find a UI/Theme that I could get along with. Sure, there are plenty of themes that can make it look like Optimus Prime's taint (read somebody else say that about plug UIs), but not much to make it clean, crisp and quick to use.

I finally chose to move forward with SO. Sure, there are some things I would love to have that exist in other DAWs, but SO has the most to offer for *me*.

Same here. Reaper is extremely configurable and lean as heck. Though for me, I've spent hours setting up configurations, and obviously I'll save the configurations Only channels are so literal. Specifically creating channels for one plugin might typically involve another channel for MIDI, another channel for audio, another channel to monitor back. Even the same for sends! Create twenty tracks and you're eyeballing some potential 60 tracks. Of course that can also be tapered and hidden, but you probably see where I'm going. It becomes this manually created bucket of bolts. I end up creating a monster without the joy of performing. It's just not indigenous to a smooth workflow. For my needs. Ommv of course.

I also end up doodling an awful lot in Reaper with the multitude of configurations, skins, and colors. Doodling is fun, but I found I wasn't easily breaking free of that. Not good.

One skin that I drool over in Reaper is the Imperial mixer which is just outstanding. Still, when all is said and done for my needs anyway, Studio One (and PT, Cubase & Nuendo) are way more purposeful. A DAW is a skill saw. The carpenter doesn't want to change to a newer model just because it may have a fancy new laser guide. That carpenter has cut enough along a chalk/pencil line not to be swayed from what already works, what weighs right, and is balanced.

Obviously many here are looking for the new and that's great. If if makes them accomplish their goals, super! I suspect some will wait on for v7, and so on. I hope not. Studio One 3 and 4 would be fine for most in actuality. Those who need notation would obviously look for newer versions.
So let's see! :+1 it's all good in the music making arena.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:54 am
Lokeyfly wroteOne skin that I drool over in Reaper is the Imperial mixer which is just outstanding.

The Black Tie dude made some really slick themes. Imperial was one of my favorites.
The downside to the theme approach Reaper uses is that a seemingly simple changes to a theme resulted in a deep dive down the rabbit hole known as 'Walter'. I never did get all of the Walter mud out of my favorite t-shirt

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:37 pm
And that brings me back to S1. Is there ANYTHING cleaner and leaner? Logic doesn't count (not a mac guy) but the others all leave more to be desired in workflow, ease of use, and overall look. Cubey is the closest, but I still think it's a mess overall.

Someone commented on those pics looking neater or something, I don't see any difference other then the icons.

Bye......:roll:
by Lokeyfly on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:20 pm
BobF wrote
Lokeyfly wroteOne skin that I drool over in Reaper is the Imperial mixer which is just outstanding.

The Black Tie dude made some really slick themes. Imperial was one of my favorites.
The downside to the theme approach Reaper uses is that a seemingly simple changes to a theme resulted in a deep dive down the rabbit hole known as 'Walter'. I never did get all of the Walter mud out of my favorite t-shirt

White Tie, no?

I do know what you mean though, as I heard Imperial came with some baggage. Whew, glad those days are gone. Too much left brain stuff. 🧠 ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by BobF on Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:32 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
BobF wrote

White Tie, no?

I do know what you mean though, as I heard Imperial came with some baggage. Whew, glad those days are gone. Too much left brain stuff. 🧠 ;)

LOL! Yes, White Tie. Hey, it's been a while :D

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ

165 postsPage 9 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9