165 postsPage 4 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9
Steve Carter wroteSorry, haven’t been paying attention- has version 6 dropped yet?

No, but plenty of other b.s. has. ;)

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by taylorscott2 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:58 am
Vocalpoint wrote
taylorscott2 wrote Hollywood is not the only industry that does audio post. A lot of freelancers and smaller studios all over the world do it on smaller scale projects.

Agreed - and to be fair (and to provide context) - as a freelancer myself - my actual primary use of Studio One is for voice over work so I guess I am a tad rooted in the "post" world as it is. I am also very deep into music production, sound design and audio restoration and between S1 and the occasional use of Wavelab - I can do it all very efficiently.

taylorscott2 wrote But adding a few features here and there to make it a bit smoother for freelancers and smaller studios to use for some post work wouldn't be a bad thing.

Well - we are (most likely) moving to the 6th iteration of Studio One and Presonus has never indicated a need to include any "post" type features after 10 years of offerings - so I do not believe they will suddenly start now.

And let's be 100% straight up here - there is no such thing as "adding a few features - here and there". As soon as that "feature" door is opened to post stuff - it becomes an unstoppable revolving door of "I want this and I want that" - none of which will have a single thing to do with the approx 95+% of users who use S1 for what it was designed for.

taylorscott2 wrote You would stop using S1 if they added some features to make audio post more manageable? .Why?

Firstly - price. I am not interested in paying for Dolby Atmos, multichannel this or post that. Or are you thinking that adding this stuff will be free?

A great example of getting something we did not ask for within the v5 cycle the Show module in Studio One. Launched almost immediately after the world locked down to COVID in mid 2020 - where no one could do anything in terms of live music - this made no sense to me and it remains about as non essential as it gets even today.

But it terms of paying for it (in the upgrade) - outside of a very tiny minority who thought the Show module was a good thing - I do not believe anyone was happy at all about paying for something they will truly never use.

Secondary (and much more critical) is time, talent and resource. Someone will need to code this post stuff and that will simply elongate the time and logic necessary to deliver the fixes and fine tuning to a huge laundry list of things that already need some TLC with the current version of S1.

Adding more and more features and options exponentially increases the chances of problems and is guaranteed to slow the program down over time. One of S1's greatest strengths is it's speed and efficiency - we need that to continue even if that means losing overhead by bypassing requests for non-essential features.

I get that "features" keep the cash flowing - but I also trust that Presonus knows it's audience and exactly who to target with S1.

Case in point - I made my one and only "post type" request (which has been open for years) and I still cannot get Presonus to even consider allowing iZotopes RX Connect plugin to work correctly within S1 like it does in a series of other DAWs out there.

If they won't even give this any consideration (after my years of trying) - I cannot see a wack of post features suddenly appearing in S1 anytime soon.

Cheers

VP

Well said, and I can't really argue with any of that!

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by IanM5 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:21 am
Lokeyfly wrote
Steve Carter wroteSorry, haven’t been paying attention- has version 6 dropped yet?

No, but plenty of other b.s. has. ;)

Actually you are wrong.
6 has dropped, been handed out to the beautiful people and then been withdrawn from general sale. They said they'd had enough of riff raff or something. I assume you'd know that from the other "special" forum. Oh, unless you were not invited to the special forum. Darn it, now I've let everyone know about the special forum. :twisted:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:49 pm
Mums the word. :|

The feature I always look for is the 90% perspiration.
:mrgreen:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by davidlarson6 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:59 pm
Lokeyfly wroteMums the word. :|

They make personal hygiene products to deal with that. I've heard that Old Spice is working on a VST3 plugin...

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:18 pm
davidlarson6 wrote
Lokeyfly wroteMums the word. :|

They make personal hygiene products to deal with that. I've heard that Old Spice is working on a VST3 plugin...

Nice! Vista members get free sample packs. Also tickets to some local Cajun restaurant in Baton Rouge. I hear the Cajun Voodoo Death Chicken is to die for!

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jonhamilton2 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:38 am
Presonus dev's please don't release v6 until you have a browser that can tag user content/and allow better control over midi. These are sorely needed!

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 am
I'm not sure what I'd like to see in 6. Other than a couple of minor niggles, 5.5.2 works fairly well. I'd rather see some of the issues addressed before a new release.

Bye......:roll:
by roland1 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:23 pm
I don't really know what else you can do with a DAW other than have it do all the songwriting for you. And we're halfway to that already.

However, if I had one wish to fulfill, it would be to get non-destructive MIDI plugins like those found in Digital Performer where you can compress the performance by various ratios and have your desired groove playing. Again, non-destructively.

In fact, if you look at what modern DAWs are adding, most of it was already in Digital Performer back in the early 2000's. It's just not as intuitive a DAW to use as Studio One, which is why I prefer to use it. However, I do cheat on S1 with somewhat shameful frequency.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by ericma2 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:42 pm
I'd love for S1 to have better side chain capabilities like with VSTis.
Better midi sync with external sequencers.
Automation lanes can be really messy when using Busses and Auxes.
Busses can randomly move in console when accessing automation lanes. (Yes I know we can keep everything to the right but I like moving busses around when I'm working)
Eucon? ( I doubt it)

Probably some other stuff but I absolutely love S1. I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I made the mistake of buying Cubase 12 Pro because of it's Control Room feature only to find out S1 suits me way better. Oh! I'd love to have different listen busses assigned to different hardware outputs so we can assign different SoundID/Dirac profiles to those outputs (monitors)

I just thought of something. It'd be cool if we could arrange VSTis Multiout channels however we like instead of blocks of how many outputs that VSTi assigns. But I dont think this is possible. It seems Cubase/Logic/S1's routing doesn't allow this - by design. Pro Tools appears to be the only program that allows you to rearrange tracks however you like because of it's design.

Thank you

Love you S1!!

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by GiulianiR1 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:51 pm
i would like to be a beta tester
by GiulianiR1 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Hi I'm Julian an I would like to be a beta tester for Studio One 6. I was a beta tester for Studio One 3 and I’ve learned a lot since then. I worked other DAW to learn more to contribute like ProTools, logic Pro, Ableton live, FL Studios and Studio One 5 as my daily workstation. To help Studio One 6 to be the best it can be. I have an 2020 MacBook Air M1. And what I’m hoping to see in Studio One 6 is to be able to do Surround sound and Dolby Atmos, also hope that they can implicate EuCon with HUI and MMC to be able to use multiple controller.
I am always surprised to see people applying to a beta test program via a community forum. No offence.

Good luck, hope you get in.

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by muziksculp on Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:10 pm
Hi,

I'm looking forward to the release of Studio One Pro 6 , maybe this will happen during Q-4 2022.

One feature I think would be cool, and helpful is to have the Chord Track gets more features like a chord-progression generator functionality, to kick start a composition, and even modulation feature, where it can offer a pivot chord in a sequence of chords, or other modulation techniques to modulate to a new destination key.

Also for string writing, it would be super cool if I used a String Ensemble patch, playing chords, there would be a function to move the various voices to other tracks that have the separate string sections assigned to (Vlns 1, Vlns 2, Violas, Celli, Basses) with a few clicks.

Basically, I think a DAW that can be a composer's assistant, and be a bit more engaged in doing things that take more mechanical steps to achieve when composing would be quite a valuable feature to have.

I love using Studio One Pro 5, and feel that version 6 will be another big step forward to this fantastic DAW.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by BobF on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:18 am
muziksculp wroteHi,

I'm looking forward to the release of Studio One Pro 6 , maybe this will happen during Q-4 2022.

One feature I think would be cool, and helpful is to have the Chord Track gets more features like a chord-progression generator functionality, to kick start a composition, and even modulation feature, where it can offer a pivot chord in a sequence of chords, or other modulation techniques to modulate to a new destination key.

Also for string writing, it would be super cool if I used a String Ensemble patch, playing chords, there would be a function to move the various voices to other tracks that have the separate string sections assigned to (Vlns 1, Vlns 2, Violas, Celli, Basses) with a few clicks.

Basically, I think a DAW that can be a composer's assistant, and be a bit more engaged in doing things that take more mechanical steps to achieve when composing would be quite a valuable feature to have.

I love using Studio One Pro 5, and feel that version 6 will be another big step forward to this fantastic DAW.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hopefully these type of things will get added to SO at some point, but Scaler is an awesome 3rd party plug that excels at this stuff if you want it all today

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by graytermedia on Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:36 pm
BobF wroteHopefully these type of things will get added to SO at some point, but Scaler is an awesome 3rd party plug that excels at this stuff if you want it all today

Agree fully with this. Scaler has become an indispensable tool for me and I'm guessing is probably better designed and implemented than what Presonus could do, given all of the other things S1 has to do.

Scaler is easy to use within S1 and the results are fantastic. If you need better chord implementation, it's a cheap and easy way to go.

EDIT: Not affiliated in any way. Just an enthusiastic user.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:42 pm
It's quite sad that you even have to make that disclaimer. There is simply no logical reason that someone should assume you would be "affiliated"

But at places like (insert one of many "forums" here) you constantly have to fight off trolls who accuse people of shilling.

Bye......:roll:
by Robdp on Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:47 pm
graytermedia wrote
BobF wroteHopefully these type of things will get added to SO at some point, but Scaler is an awesome 3rd party plug that excels at this stuff if you want it all today

Agree fully with this. Scaler has become an indispensable tool for me and I'm guessing is probably better designed and implemented than what Presonus could do, given all of the other things S1 has to do.

Scaler is easy to use within S1 and the results are fantastic. If you need better chord implementation, it's a cheap and easy way to go.

EDIT: Not affiliated in any way. Just an enthusiastic user.

tg

Have you got Scaler to work in S1 for Mac without any lag?? Obviously using the VST3 version I can’t get Scaler or Cthulhu to work without serious delay or lag when trying to record parts in. On play back it works, but recording parts in S1 introduces a serious delay as I guess it doesn’t deal with midi out plugs very well…..

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by GiulianiR1 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:50 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
shanabit wroteHow many bells and whistles do people need to make their beat?

True dat.

VP

You have a point how many bells and whistles do we need. But at the same time some people need new bells and whistles to helps them get creative.
I don’t know what they are working on but I am hoping to see them implicate surround sounds, and or Dolby Atmos and EuCon protocol to be able to use other controllers. Just to name a few
Last edited by GiulianiR1 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
by PreAl on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:52 pm
Meat and potatoes every time for me.
Don't need no vegan options.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

165 postsPage 4 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9