22 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Try setting S1 as Master and use Midiclock and slave the VS to midi clock and see what it does. You have to enable midi clock on the External Devices that you created.

4.6.2 on Windows has MTC on the External Instrument. I just checked it here.

This has to be something very simple that is not configured right

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by tonyalterman on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:34 pm
Hello to my old friends.... Just a note of thanks...

Not to bore you with the details, but I had to upgrade an old laptop to Windows 10 (total disaster until a guy from HP pointed me to a 3-minute video that solved the problem), download S1 5 demo & UC, install and set up and learn a ton of new stuff, buy new MIDI and transfer cables, and after 6 weeks of trial, error and torture, it worked!

Today I transferred the first song, 6 tracks, 4 then 2 over the 4 68c line in ports, and all the tracks synced flawlessly. Almost tore my hair out when I tried to do the next song and it didn't work - I didn't realize that the Frame Rate would reset back to default, or that I couldn't even initiate transport with a different Frame Rate from the Roland. Once I figured that out everything was peachy keen.

Thanks to you guys for your help and advice (as well as to Alan from Presonus who handled my endless tech support case). This is huge for me - my first new album in 24 years, recorded at home track by track over the last 15 years while raising 3 kids and working 2 jobs part of the time (hence the slight delay...) Now it can finally be professionally mixed & mastered. And I can move on to record slightly more recent material!

Take care,
Tony

22 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2