5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I've recently started using folder tracks as busses instead of the traditional bus channels. While the workflow is much faster, I've found a weird quirk where if I want to solo say the drum bus folder and have some muted channels within that bus folder, it unmutes those channels and plays everything in the folder. This is generally an unwanted behavior as I've muted those tracks for a reason so I don't want to hear them when soloing the bus. When using the traditional bus channels, muted channels stayed muted when the bus was solo'd. Is there a setting to make the folder bus channels behave the same way?

Thanks!

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by Trucky on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:46 pm
I'm not seeing that issue you're describing.

Please post a screenshot of this so we can see what might be causing this.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by NoiseCoalition on Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:15 am
Here's an example. The channels in teal are routed to the "Bus Folder". Notice that the last two channels are muted. If I solo the "Bus Folder", the tracks become unmuted. Tracks in orange are routed to a traditional bus. If I solo that bus, the muted tracks stay muted.

This is problematic when I want to solo say a drum bus folder and have intentionally muted the room mics or something.

phpBB [video]

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by Trucky on Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:15 am
Thanks for the example!

Use "Solo" for the folders in the mixer and that should give you what you want:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by NoiseCoalition on Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:39 pm
Ah, interesting find! I do wish that soloing the folder bus in the arrangement window would behave the same as soloing in the mixer since I don't always have my mixer up. But good to know.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1