8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to set certain tracks to different heights? a way to make the track heights not a global thing?

and is there a way to edit what the key modifiers do on their own? (shift, ctrl, atl)

for example, if I could make atl+mouse scroll to be zoom in/out instead of ctrl+shift+mouse scroll.

Also, is there any way to use the Start key on windows as a modifier as well?
by Fornicras on Thu May 26, 2022 1:27 am
stevetune wroteIs there a way to set certain tracks to different heights? a way to make the track heights not a global thing?

As far as I am aware, there is no way of doing this and I am not sure why.

stevetune wroteand is there a way to edit what the key modifiers do on their own? (shift, ctrl, atl)
for example, if I could make atl+mouse scroll to be zoom in/out instead of ctrl+shift+mouse scroll.

You can change many keyboard shortcuts from Studio One > Keyboard Shortcuts. But it does not accept mouse movements (unless it's a gaming mouse which you can modify one of its keys to an unused key (like F13 or so)

stevetune wroteAlso, is there any way to use the Start key on windows as a modifier as well?

By default, no. But there may be an app/script that enables you to use windows modifier key as a normal key.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by Jemusic on Thu May 26, 2022 3:57 am
Individual track heights are fully adjustable in Studio One. Position your mouse cursor right on the border between two tracks. (In the track headers themselves) The mouse will change its pointer into the track height adjusting tool. Hold left mouse button down and adjust any track to any height.

The first image shows where to put your mouse cursor.

If you don't like the heights you have chosen you can press Shift + W. They will all return to the same height, all be it small. Now Press Shift + E to bring them all out again wider. Each time you press Shift + E all the tracks will widen by the same amount again.

There is a key command but I think its for all track heights only. Individual may need to be done manually but that is fine because you want to be able to set that to your taste anyway.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.52.15 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.55.13 pm.png

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by roland1 on Thu May 26, 2022 2:00 pm
I'm going to assume he also means if there's a key command to change the height of an individual track. But yes, the manual way is completely effective. So is hiding all other tracks and just maxing out the track height. So many ways to make it work.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by SwitchBack on Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm
Wouldn't it be handy to have an optional automatic zoom in on the track the mouse is hovering over? The zoom factor could be a selectable number of steps up from the overall track height (so 3 steps would zoom from overall tiny to medium for the track under the mouse). Something similar could be done for the fader view width in the console. Would be a great timesaver.
by roland1 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:45 am
Personally, I think I would find it distracting if it was "automatic" if merely hovering over a track would cause it to zoom in, whether you want to zoom or not. But hovering over a track (to identify your target track) and then triggering a key command would be cool thing.

I thought there was an individual track height shortcut, but I think i use too many DAWs and may be confusing one with the other.

SwitchBack wroteWouldn't it be handy to have an optional automatic zoom in on the track the mouse is hovering over? The zoom factor could be a selectable number of steps up from the overall track height (so 3 steps would zoom from overall tiny to medium for the track under the mouse). Something similar could be done for the fader view width in the console. Would be a great timesaver.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Tacman7 on Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:39 am
I've had the track height macro with S M L buttons for a long time, I forget about it but it's pretty handy.

TrackMacro.gif

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by SwitchBack on Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:29 am
Yeah, that's changing height for all of them at the same time. I was thinking more like what Apple does when you set e.g. an alarm time, where only the number in focus is magnified. And making the magnification factor selectable means that you can switch it off too if you don’t want it.

The idea is to set track height in a high track count song to something small, and when you hover the mouse over a track (header) then that track’s height gets magnified until you move the mouse to another track (header). Or you could make it work only when shift is pressed when moving the mouse :)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1