6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Been using Studio One (Artist) for several months now and I use Spitfire's BBC Symphony Orchestra as plug-in.

Whenever I start up Studio One, majority of the instruments do not make any sound. But after a few playbacks, the sound is restored. Been living with it but, obviously, there is something wrongg in my set up. Any suggesttions?

Studio One 5 Prime
Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2
Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface
OreSonus Eris 3.5
Lenovo X1 Carbon on Windows10
by Thareh on Wed May 25, 2022 7:59 am
Certain VST plugins and especially VST orchestral plugins usually takes a while to load all the samples, perhaps this can be the issue?
by geodinocarpio on Wed May 25, 2022 8:07 am
Could be. And, if it is,I just need to be patient?

Thanks

Studio One 5 Prime
Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2
OreSonus Eris 3.5
by davidlarson6 on Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 am
I use BBC SO, and I can verify that the instruments can be quite slow to load, especially if you have a large template (as I do.) I often start the loading process, then go off and make a cup of tea or something. :)

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by geodinocarpio on Wed May 25, 2022 6:39 pm
So happy to hear from you, davidlarson6, a fellow BBCSO user!

Always thought something wrong with my set up. Even went to all the trouble of putting a dot on the modulation at the start of each event. Then the volume automation...

I tried your cup-of-coffee (don't drink tea) solution and it worked! :)

Studio One 5 Prime
Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2
OreSonus Eris 3.5
by davidlarson6 on Wed May 25, 2022 9:00 pm
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. ;)

If you're a "progress-bar watcher," it's possible to see the loading happening... if you open one of the instruments' players, you'll see a small indicator up in the top left, showing the BBC SO memory usage. If that number is still incrementing, all of the samples haven't loaded.

You can also experiment with lowering the Preload and Stream Buffer sizes in the BBC SO instrument's audio settings. If you have a fast SSD the default settings are probably unnecessarily high.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1