2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm not quite sure how to explain this so it's difficult to search if this topic has been addressed.

Why is my output volume so much higher in Studio One VS when I actually export to mixdown my mp3? The mp3 is set to 48kHz and 320kbps. Yes I am aware there is quality loss and that flac would give me better quality but this is like a good 25% volume difference. The sound quality is fine it's really just volume.

My friend also uses Studio One and all his mp3s have a much higher volume output than mine. I fiddled a little with a limiter and multiband dynamics on my Main channel on the inserts which does give a higher output but the mix tends to muddy and I find that the drums disappear when certain guitar parts kick in more (tried many different presets and none gave that high output without messing with the mix - it also change the tone of some of the instruments).

Is the only way to get higher output to use compression etc.? Is there a PreSonus YouTube video that discusses this? I don't know what to search to find it.
by Tacman7 on Wed May 25, 2022 7:08 am
Welcome to the Forum!

There's a lot of info about 'Mastering' in S1:
https://www.google.com/search?q=masteri ... ing+in+S1&

I work to get parts heard above the din. I usually have compressors and other things on most all tracks.

If something is walking over something else you can sidechain a compressor to reduce that volume only when the part plays that you want.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sidechaining+in+S1

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

2 posts
Page 1 of 1