4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all.

Not sure if anyone would know this on this forum but I thought I'd try.
I'm using Amplitube 5 in Studio One.
Everything is working nicely other than overdriving the channel onto which I'm recording.
How do I set either the output from Amplitube going into Studio One
or
Set the input level, similar to the trim/gain knob on a real mixer/recorder, of the track onto which I'm recording?

Thank you, in advance, for your time.
B

Butch
StudioOne Pro 5.4
Amplitube 5
EZ Drummer
by Tacman7 on Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

In the console you can click inputs button on the left and see the inputs which have a trim knob.

Sorry, that's only for audio inputs. I don't see a trim knob for fx.

Most all plugins have an output parameter that you can turn down. Sometimes labeled as master volume. Any distortion from an amp sim I would think be deliberate. More than one volume knob requires some tweaking to get the right mix, type of gain staging.

I seem to require adding compressors to most all tracks just to hear them.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Butch2022 on Wed May 25, 2022 1:02 am
Hey, thank you so much for your reply.

Indeed it appears that Amplitube has an input and output control.
The input has an effect on the gain it seems.
The output lowers the volume but not the gain on it's respective channel.

Yes, I am getting distortion/overdrive from the app but it's peaking the level meter of the channel it's on.

I don't hear any bad distortion but I don't want, and shouldn't have to have, clip lights glowing.

Butch
StudioOne Pro 5.4
Amplitube 5
EZ Drummer
by j0001s on Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am
Amplitube's metering has always been weird (every release I've used), especially the output meter. Moderate signal levels with Amplitube's input/output controls set at the default will often result in output clipping according to the meters.

When I say "input/output controls", I mean the ones at the bottom of the window with the LED graph meters, not the ones on the amp.

First of all, you don't have to worry about the "clipping" causing problems after Amplitube. Studio One won't clip. So if it sounds good to you don't worry about it.

Or, looking at it another way, if lowering the output control doesn't change the sound except for changing the level, then you REALLY don't have to worry about it.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1