14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm new to Studio One but I can't seem to use Studio One with my sound card (ZOOM UAC-2 USB3) which has always worked flawlessly in other software, actually one of the best sound cards I owned, very low latency, stable drivers, but no sound it Studio One, I've seen many posts regarding this issue and other ZOOM products like here posting.php?mode=reply&f=151&t=35357

Tried to disable Rewire support like suggested and which seems to work for others but nothing changes can someone give some input what might go on?

I have a very good PC (i9 CPU, Win10 64bits, 128Go Ram, SDD HD's) works very well with Reaper so I don't understand. I can hear sound with the Windows Media drivers, but those are not low latency so I really would love to be able to use the ZOOM ASIO drivers.

thanks,

Hans
by Trucky on Sat May 21, 2022 8:34 am
Welcome to the Forum!

I'd recommend contacting Zoom support as it's their hardware and they programmed the ASIO driver.
Here's the link:
https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/contact/

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by hansvaneven on Sun May 22, 2022 10:43 am
Hello,

I already did that but no answer so far!

I also had some great support from Presonus but unfortunately none of the suggested tips worked out for me, no sound. I've read that some users had their UAC2 working in Studio One versions before 4 and 5 so strange, maybe something changed in the 4 version that broke the compatibility with this interface ? It's a great interface with one of the lowest latency in this price range and works flawlessly with other software so I'd really love to be able to use it in S1
by Trucky on Sun May 22, 2022 11:41 am
I don't have a UAC-2 but I'd recommend to keep trying to get Zoom support to respond to this issue. I checked their website and it looks like they've had ASIO driver related issues before. Unfortunately, their latest driver is already 5 years old...

Zoom UAC-2 Drive Download link:
https://zoomcorp.com/documents/233/UAC-2_Driver_Win_v1.2.1_E.zip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by hansvaneven on Sun May 22, 2022 1:52 pm
Yes you're right, that said never had issues before but it's strange for a popular card like this not to see any driver updates since 2017. I hope to have some answers soon otherwise maybe I'll fish for some other cards like the MOTU M2 as i really would love to use S1

thanks for your help,

Hans
by hansvaneven on Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 am
Still no feedback from Zoom, but their drivers aren't 5 years old they are from 2020, that said I tested out Studio One Prime 3 and ... surprise my card works perfectly in this version so that confirms what other users say on the web that something has been broken in S1 since v4 and it's not an issue with my ZOOM UAC2, now the question is when will it be updated ?

thanks,

Hans
by Lokeyfly on Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 am
hansvaneven wroteStill no feedback from Zoom, but their drivers aren't 5 years old they are from 2020, that said I tested out Studio One Prime 3 and ... surprise my card works perfectly in this version so that confirms what other users say on the web that something has been broken in S1 since v4 and it's not an issue with my ZOOM UAC2, now the question is when will it be updated ?

thanks,

Hans

The link you provided of those with similar Zoom interface issues, the OP got his working after a reinstall. He used Bitwig most of the time and possibly the drivers didn't release the earlier versions. Not sure but a reinstall worked. The other guy disabled Rewire which shouldn't have effectively mattered but whatever. May have been a hiccup when Rewiring another program. Dunno.

The fact that you have your Zoom UAC2 working now with using Prime 3 is fine, glad about that, but I see little reason to compare that as confirming "something has been broken in S1 since v4".
Let's be at least a little scientific without throwing blame. Prime is now at version 5 (not 3), and it would be best loading Prime v5 as it currently is than v3. So who knows where your driver level is. That may not be the issue, but it's fairly worth noting to be loading latest program versions and drivers than accusing something as confirmed broken.
Feel free to reference your claims about what "other users say on the web".

If it works only in Prime 3, and not 5, then we know it once worked fine but no longer does, as you had latency concerns from another post. Then, you really should create a ticket in case you haven't yet.
Seems a complete reinstall may do it, but I may have missed that part.
Good luck though.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by hansvaneven on Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am
Hello, no need to become annoyed and I don't play a blame game, I spent quite some time last week in trying to find a solution and I have the right to assume what I want, so yeah for me if it works in an older version then it's quite logic to think there must be something wrong since a newer version, you can't either blame the soundcard that works in other software, maybe you don't like my way of thinking but that's how it is, sorry.

I already created a ticket and am in contact with support who will investigate more (Presonus support is great btw and we already exchanged a lot but no luck yet on fixing it and they will investigate more later this week) I posted it here as well as I'd like to learn in case someone else in case got it working.

And for the reference of my claim here you go!!! Again no need to suspect I invent things, just wanted to use S1 and got stuck with this issue. So here's s tread talking about someone who had it working in v3

viewtopic.php?p=252169
by Lokeyfly on Tue May 24, 2022 10:40 am
Thx. That thread has a line of logical questions from Shannabit and Trucky to troubleshoot that similar issue. I know you've followed that path. Still I saw no reference to Studio One being broken or not working since v4 Just minimal responders with one saying the UAC-2 works while another verified it did not. Onward and forward.

It seems safe to say little is coming back from Zoom on compatability with S1. You do have drivers from 2020 I think, so it's good that Presonus Tech support are on it. :thumbup:

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by hansvaneven on Wed May 25, 2022 1:25 pm
Just a quick reply, got feedback from ZOOM and the product has been discontinued so very limited support or updates, strange as it's still on sale everywhere and mentioned on their website. Well anyway, will buy another interface, probably the Motu M2 and see how this works in S1.

thanks everyone for your time on this and RIP UAC2

Hans
by Trucky on Wed May 25, 2022 2:56 pm
Unfortunately it's not the response you wanted to hear from them.
Thanks for reporting back so other Zoom customers are aware.

by hansvaneven on Wed May 25, 2022 3:21 pm
Indeed Trucky, sad to see they still sell and promote an interface on their website that's discontinued, not cool at all, but that's life, hope to be able to use S1 with a new card soon :) thanks
by hansvaneven on Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm
And I would like to thank Presonus support on this topic who have been very helpful trying to find a solution, this is the kind of support that makes me trust a company so thumbs up to Presonus :thumbup:
by hansvaneven on Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:31 am
I just received my new audio interface (I finally took the Presonus Studio 24C) but I'm going to return it, anything below 128 samples buffer size at 44.1khz gives crackles even in Reaper with one instrument while the UAC2 in reaper let me work at 32 samples with zero issues.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1