3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I placed some trombone notes on the MIDI piano roll editor. Then I added a Guitar Rig 6 Wah Wah component to it. I can press play and turn the Wah Wah knob and it does what it is supposed to do. However, I can't figure out how to get an automation lane on that track so that I can program the Wah Wah using the draw tools in Studio One 5 Pro. I tried right-clicking on the Wah Wah knob to assign a MIDI controller but it doesn't get assigned. I have tried everything but it is so confusing and I'm just wasting my time clicking around.

Can anyone help?

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Steve Carter on Tue May 17, 2022 10:48 pm
When you turn the wah-wah knob look at the top left of the S1 GUI (where the hand icon is), do the values (numbers/letters/descriptive word) change? If not then it’s likely that the wah-wah parameter is not automatable! If there is a change relating to the knob twiddling you should be able to click and drag the hand icon onto your trombone track to create the automation.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by alfredohuerta on Wed May 18, 2022 5:13 am
Well that was easy! I dragged the little hand to the track and it created the automation on that track. The thing that I could not get to work was that when I right-clicked on the Wah Wah button on the Guitar Rig 6 plugin I could see that it says "Learn..." but when I moved any slider on my keyboard nothing was "learned".

Thanks

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64

3 posts
Page 1 of 1