7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

So I'm using my pedal board in stereo as an FX unit and treating audio in my DAW... I'm using Pipeline Stereo to achieve this and it's pretty easy...
Audio >> Pedalboard>> Pedalboard>>DAW(using Pipeline stereo)

One thing I can't figure out how to do is print ONLY the FX return... that way I can balance it after on a separate track and have full control of the wet fx only... Is this possible?? I think it is, but just don't know how I'd achieve it??

Thanks in Advance!!!

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by SwitchBack on Tue May 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Can't you simply create a track for it?
by Robdp on Tue May 17, 2022 4:21 pm
No I don't think so.. also I'm not actually sure now that what I'm asking is possible....

How'd I'd get the fully wet signal into my DAW is not possible because I'd need a separate In/out altogether in order to get ONLY the FX on a separate track.
If it is possible I'm baffled.

Producer/writer
Mac Studio Ultra - OSX 11.2 - Studio One v5 - Apollo x8 - Dangerous Convert 2 / AD+ - SSL Fusion - Neve 8816 - LLD Silver Bullet - Dangerous Monitor ST - Faderport 1 - Console One - Amphions /BareFoots
by SwitchBack on Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm
If you use pipeline to get audio from S1 to your pedal board and back then obviously you have channels for it on your audio interface. So if you add a new audio track in your song and set the input for that track to the input on your interface which receives the pedal board output then you can record the pedal board output to that new track.

This assumes that the signal received from the pedal board is 100% wet. If it isn't then you could make it so and do the dry/wet mixing in S1.
by NoiseCoalition on Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 pm
Use Pipeline as an FX send (Not an insert), and then use the "Export Stem" feature to export the pipeline channel. Choose "Import to Track" so it'll appear in your session after export.

Studio One Pro 6.5 | Macbook Pro M1 Max 16" 64gb | RME HDSPe MADI FX | Antelope Orion 32 HD | UAD Apollo x8p
by Tacman7 on Sat May 21, 2022 8:17 am
If you have your external fx set 100% wet...

And you bounce to new track it should work as a real time bounce, have you tried that?

You could disable other inserts on the track and only get the pipeline fx bounced.

You could also just send the track to be converted to the output where your fx is. Route the return to another track and record it there.

Or put your pipeline in the input in the console and it will print as you use it.

All of these methods will do the same thing, you're going through your fx 100% wet.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Robdp on Sun May 22, 2022 8:07 pm
Thanks fellas...

I was having a blonde moment!!!

Just set my external FX to 100% wet, and then recorded that track in and now I can balance the FX track and the dry track! :) :rtfm2: :rtfm2:

Producer/writer

7 posts
Page 1 of 1