4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Lukas. I figured I'd find you here.

I was doing some V-Drum recording of note event takes but not looping continuously. This created a situation where some of my takes were sharing the same file number such as "take 1." This makes it hard to keep track of their sequence — especially if I then export them out to separate instrument tracks.

Is there currently a macro — or can you design one in the next hour (for a substantial fee to be deposited in your offshore account in the Turks and Caicos) that renames takes into a sequence or perhaps even according to the user's own criteria?

Just wondering.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Tacman7 on Sun May 15, 2022 6:14 pm
Are they actual duplicates? I have takes to layers on and I start a bar before the loop and I record 1 take at a time.
When I record it I delete it off the active track, there should be a copy down in the layers.
Record delete, record delete, then it's all down there in the layers but only 1 copy of each.
Not sure if you have the same settings but that solved the problem for me.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by roland1 on Sun May 15, 2022 6:36 pm
I'm talking about the naming convention. They are not duplicate files, but duplicate file names. That's why I put out the bat signal. :)

In one track I have 8 different takes all named "take 1" :o

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by roland1 on Thu May 26, 2022 1:56 pm
I'm going to assume that he has been abducted by aliens again. Come to think of it, where does he get all that fancy code from anyway? Very suspicious. Even the name...it's a bit too much like George "Lukas." Mere coincidence, or purposeful taunt? I really don't know.

But he's not replying to this post, and that just confirms my suspicions.

[Imagine, there are actually people out there who think this way. :) ]

4 posts
Page 1 of 1