4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I realize that Dexibell is not nearly as common as Nord or Roland, or Yamaha, etc. However, are there any Studio One users out there with a Dexibell Keyboard? If so, have you been successful transmitting MIDI CC messages to virtual instruments within Studio One? I am using a Vivo S9 keyboard and having no problem with the 88 keys recording MIDI notes, but no control beyond that, including sustain (or damper pedal). I've been working with the S9 user manual in the Master Keyboard chapter but no results yet.

I'm sorry to post this in the PreSonus Forum when the issue is probably something I'm missing within my keyboard controller usage and not within Studio One, but figured somebody out there must be a Dexibell user. Thank you for any insight you may pass along.
by IanM5 on Sun May 15, 2022 2:51 am
Not a keyboard I know but what does the MIDI monitor window in S1 show when you wiggle the knobs and the pedal (View -> Midi Monitor)?

That will tell you whether messages are reaching S1.

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum
by Wayne S on Sun May 15, 2022 12:36 pm
Well, sure enough, the MIDI Monitor responds to all input from the Dexibell, including the sustain pedal. That eliminated the actual keyboard from being the source of the problem.

The problem was on the Studio One External Devices screen where the Dexibell Vivo S9 was listed. When I choose Edit Device, the 4 Filters were wrongly selected: Aftertouch, Program Change, Pitch Bend, and Controllers. Once I unchecked those 4 options, everything responded. My error.
by IanM5 on Sun May 15, 2022 1:06 pm
Excellent! Nice one. :thumbup:

Heavy-handed moderation can strangle a forum

4 posts
Page 1 of 1