2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Recent convert to S1 5, latest version. Running OSX Monterey with two screens, and four MCU controllers (X-Touch + 2 Extenders and an Ipad for remote control). Metric Halo 3D units are the interface. Audio is stored on multiple external SSD's, it's possible the thundervolt to 4x USB expander dongle I'm using is a culprit but haven't tested it.

The problem: at random, Studio One freezes the entire computer while playing back the Song audio. Audio keeps playing, but the entire Computer GUI on both screens is unresponsive. After about a minute of this frozen state, the computer goes into a strange black shutdown screen, yet it's still on and will stay in this state. Songs can be small or large in terms of tracks, it matters not, the freeze occurs and a manual restart is necessary. The audio stops playing when the black screen "shutdown" occurs (but the computer doesn't reboot until I do it manually).

Happens about once a day over here, and I lose my work if it hasn't been saved just before the completely unpredictable freeze.

Anyone experience similar? Thoughts appreciated.
by petergreeny on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:54 am
UPDATE: No one responded to my thread, but if someone in future has the same issue, I seem to have 'solved' it by simply turning off the Autosave feature in S1 preferences. I'm also using now M1 Native mode, which has been more stable than Rosetta. FYI

2 posts
Page 1 of 1